Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just you wait- God's Spirit is going to spread like wildfire- healings, miracles, ressurections and masses of people coming to God are going to be happening everywhere before too long.

These kind of things are already happening in other (poorer) countries. Now they will start happening HERE!

Well I'm excited!
    He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
      Just you wait- God's Spirit is going to spread like wildfire- healings, miracles, ressurections and masses of people coming to God are going to be happening everywhere before too long.

These kind of things are already happening in other (poorer) countries. Now they will start happening HERE!

Well I'm excited!
      Friend of Jesus

Please give more info or sources.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
        Friend of Jesus

Please give more info or sources.
        What kind of source do you want? If you look on the previous page you can see my reasons/info.

I'm afraid we do not film our prayer meetings, so I can't give you a Lakeland style Youtube video

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Well I'm excited!
          Friend of Jesus

We experience a lot of miracles under black Christians in South Africa. It has a very big impact on them and convert many to Christ.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Ok reports of these services are popping up on other message boards and I'm just telling you what I'm seeing. Things about these services are popping up on "Apostacy warning" websites. I'm just telling what I'm reading. Don't shoot the messenger!
            I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

Sorry 'My heart's Desire', maybe I'm being ignorant here but what is wrong with that? Surely it is a good thing?

Roelof, it's great to here that miracles are happenning in South Africa, and that many are coming to Christ because of that- With any faith, the same sort of things should start happening consistantly in England.

Comment

Sorry 'My heart's Desire', maybe I'm being ignorant here but what is wrong with that? Surely it is a good thing?
                Well, depends on how you look at it. They are sending out warnings about the revival services in Lakeland.
                To be honest, the reason I rarely comment on things such as this is because of the passages in Matt. 12:24-30. The Lord Jesus was here in person and they were accusing Him of the source of His Power for healings being from somewhere else and it was blasphemy.
                Now, I don't know if makes the same accusations about another's work to turn out to be the same. Regardless, it makes me uneasy and I believe it takes a person of great discernment to judge between these things. Anyone can do a search for the Revival and also Apostasy and find these sites. I just read, take note and then go on.
                FWIW

Comment

Okay now I am being ignorant- why are they sending "warnings", I thought you meant they were having prayer meetings like the ones my church is having.

Comment

Okay now I am being ignorant- why are they sending "warnings", I thought you meant they were having prayer meetings like the ones my church is having.
                    Sorry, I wasn't finished with my post. Anyway, just do a search for the Revival in Lakeland or Todd's name or Apostasy and read for yourself. Like I said, I read, take note and go on. I have a Baptist background but have also been in the "Word of Faith" circles so I still have some of my own questions regarding similiar things.

Comment

Oh my goodness, I've just been looking at "false prophet" news etc- And yes it is awful that this is happenning.

Sorry about that- I didn't know what Apostacy meant (hits self)

I've noticed that just about every single one of these declarations is lamely trying to pick tiny things wrong with the individuals involved (such as Todd) and then using these mistakes to justify why The Lakeland revival is clearly the work of Satan.

Please don't listen to them- I could go into great detail about it all but my Pastor does it better. Here is a link to his blog about the Lakeland revival, I would highly suggest reading it:

http://anthonydelaney.wordpress.com/...rong-question/

Comment

Oh my goodness, I've just been looking at "false prophet" news etc- And yes it is awful that this is happenning.

Sorry about that- I didn't know what Apostacy meant (hits self)

I've noticed that just about every single one of these declarations is lamely trying to pick tiny things wrong with the individuals involved (such as Todd) and then using these mistakes to justify why The Lakeland revival is clearly the work of Satan.

Please don't listen to them- I could go into great detail about it all but my Pastor does it better. Here is a link to his blog about the Lakeland revival, I would highly suggest reading it:

http://anthonydelaney.wordpress.com/...rong-question/
                        On every side there are pros and cons. I am only showing that others are showing the cons and not that I agree or disagree. As I stated things related to the things presented make me uncomfortable so therefore I'm keeping my personal opinion just that. Personal.

Comment

Everyone's got a right to their own opinion I guess.

But it is the work of God that is happenning in Lakeland, believe it or not

Comment

Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                            Ok reports of these services are popping up on other message boards and I'm just telling you what I'm seeing. Things about these services are popping up on "Apostacy warning" websites. I'm just telling what I'm reading. Don't shoot the messenger!
                            Keep in mind though... most of these "apostasy" websites... also called discernment sites... are driven totally by their own doctrine. Many don't believe that the gifts of the Spirit are active today for example... therefore any group of folk that do in fact "speak in tongues" to these guys are bad etc. So it is easy to go to these sites and paint something as false... but folks need understand what it is that drives them to paint it false. They will also look for the goofiest stuff out there and put it up as their proof. An example would be the YouTube thing in here of the guys in the hotel room laughing themselves silly. They were there at the Revival therefore the Revival is silly because some men were acting silly in their hotel room. Now... my point isn't that the folks down there (even Todd) would think this stuff legit... I figure they do. But my point is that just because some folk act odd... doesn't allow us to judge the entire group down there as odd. That's the danger of these sites and rest assured... they are a dime a dozen on the Internet and most of them are wrong as rain is wet and a lot of them do what they do with wrong motive to boot. I know several of those guys personally. So don't put that much stock in them. Sure... they have links where you can get some information... but their stuff need line up with Scripture or they become just as bad as what they accuse others of being.

This wasn't specifically to you but just a friendly reminder to all of us... using your post to make the point.

Visit our new website
                            ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                            "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                              Well, depends on how you look at it. They are sending out warnings about the revival services in Lakeland.
                              To be honest, the reason I rarely comment on things such as this is because of the passages in Matt. 12:24-30. The Lord Jesus was here in person and they were accusing Him of the source of His Power for healings being from somewhere else and it was blasphemy.
                              Now, I don't know if makes the same accusations about another's work to turn out to be the same. Regardless, it makes me uneasy and I believe it takes a person of great discernment to judge between these things. Anyone can do a search for the Revival and also Apostasy and find these sites. I just read, take note and then go on.
                              FWIW
                              I think that shows wisdom on your part. We need to be slow to speak. Not afraid to speak when needing to speak but even then... very slow with our tongue is always a good practice.

Visit our new website
                              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                                Keep in mind though... most of these "apostasy" websites... also called discernment sites... are driven totally by their own doctrine. Many don't believe that the gifts of the Spirit are active today for example... therefore any group of folk that do in fact "speak in tongues" to these guys are bad etc. So it is easy to go to these sites and paint something as false... but folks need understand what it is that drives them to paint it false. They will also look for the goofiest stuff out there and put it up as their proof. An example would be the YouTube thing in here of the guys in the hotel room laughing themselves silly. They were there at the Revival therefore the Revival is silly because some men were acting silly in their hotel room. Now... my point isn't that the folks down there (even Todd) would think this stuff legit... I figure they do. But my point is that just because some folk act odd... doesn't allow us to judge the entire group down there as odd. That's the danger of these sites and rest assured... they are a dime a dozen on the Internet and most of them are wrong as rain is wet and a lot of them do what they do with wrong motive to boot. I know several of those guys personally. So don't put that much stock in them. Sure... they have links where you can get some information... but their stuff need line up with Scripture or they become just as bad as what they accuse others of being.

This wasn't specifically to you but just a friendly reminder to all of us... using your post to make the point.
                                thank you Peter. As you know by now, I read man's opinion, but I stand on the Word of God. I wasn't pointing out any website at all, just putting forth the pros and cons. If one only looks at the pros, they will never see that there are cons too. I should have just said "Don't take everything at face value, just do the research. Until this thread, I'd never heard of the Revival nor have I heard of Todd either. Well, I won't go on about it. If the point of the thread is that there is NO deception then why even ask as the title of the thread does? Not everyone's doctrine is the exact same as mine but that doesn't mean that I throw it all out. I look to see if it lines up with the Word of God. Anyway, neither here nor there. I gotta go to work!

Comment

Working...
                                X