X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to work and be blessed.

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
      thank you Peter. As you know by now, I read man's opinion, but I stand on the Word of God. I wasn't pointing out any website at all, just putting forth the pros and cons. If one only looks at the pros, they will never see that there are cons too. I should have just said "Don't take everything at face value, just do the research. Until this thread, I'd never heard of the Revival nor have I heard of Todd either. Well, I won't go on about it. If the point of the thread is that there is NO deception then why even ask as the title of the thread does? Not everyone's doctrine is the exact same as mine but that doesn't mean that I throw it all out. I look to see if it lines up with the Word of God. Anyway, neither here nor there. I gotta go to work!
      I understand completely where you are coming from- if I was in your position I'd think on the same lines. But because my Pastor has gone and seen these things first hand and bought some of his experiences home- I know that what is happenning is God's work.

I'm not trying to present opinion as fact- quite the opposite, I simply KNOW that what is happenning in Lakeland is of God. Not because I am stubborn but because I literally know. In the same way that I know I am filled with the Holy Spirit- I can see its fruit, so how can there be any other explanation.

God Bless
      He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

The reality of this is that there is no other way this could be other than a move of God... Does Satan work against himself?... I challenge the critics to look at the lives changed from the revival and look at the before and after and then say it wasn't of God... It's easy to criticize anything...
        The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

You

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
          then where are the signs, the wonders, the miracles... you claim to have the power of the kingdom... then demonstrate it and let signs and wonders be done through your hands in the name of Jesus... or are you going to deny that?
          If you are saved, then you are the sign, the wonder and miracle. For now, you have become the Temple of the Living God. Outward manifestations will follow the inward change. It is better to know the ways of God rather than to see the acts of God.
          sigpicLife! Just Live It!
          http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
            If you are saved, then you are the sign, the wonder and miracle. For now, you have become the Temple of the Living God. Outward manifestations will follow the inward change. It is better to know the ways of God rather than to see the acts of God.

It is not the healings, nor the prophesies, nor the resurrections that make this revival so amazing. It is simply the awesome presence of the Holy Spirit- It's like you can reach out and touch God. All of these miracles are a result (fruit) of the Spirit- but it is the Holy Spirit in itself that makes this revival so powerful.

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
              The reality of this is that there is no other way this could be other than a move of God... Does Satan work against himself?... I challenge the critics to look at the lives changed from the revival and look at the before and after and then say it wasn't of God... It's easy to criticize anything...
              Let me bring a dose of reality to this though. The revival has been going on a bit over 40 days now. While there may be some "changed" lives right now... let me see a year from now. One cannot judge much by that in all honesty. I could give you a ton of names of folks that got all "changed" at Brownsville too. Several months later... that change wasn't so evident and today... many are stone cold heathens. So that someone comes back excited and fired up... that doesn't necessarily denote change. Short term okay... but short term change isn't that much change at all.

Now to keep it fair... that isn't always the fault of the person preaching the Revival. That often falls on the person themselves as well as to a large degree the church that they go back to. But nevertheless... changed lives, while good and while a good sign, isn't the greatest measuring stick to use as history has shown us MANY times.... starting in the book of Exodus for a great example.

Visit our new website
              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
                It is not the healings, nor the prophesies, nor the resurrections that make this revival so amazing. It is simply the awesome presence of the Holy Spirit- It's like you can reach out and touch God. All of these miracles are a result (fruit) of the Spirit- but it is the Holy Spirit in itself that makes this revival so powerful.
                Tell me something... and I understand what you are saying. Why does that constitute Revival? The Holy Spirit isn't just parked down in Lakeland Florida right now. I think this is a part that concerns me maybe most. It is like... Go to Florida and experience the tangible presence of the Holy Ghost! Why would one need to go to Florida for that?

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

In Acts people would lie down the sick in Peter's shadow and they were healed. Not because there was anything special about Peter's shadow- But because they had complete confidence that they would be healed.

It is the same with Florida. People believe that if they go to Florida they will be filled with the Holy Spirit- so God fills them. IT IS A REVIVAL OF FAITH.

You can stay in your hometown and be filled, or go to the desert and be filled, or get baptised and be filled, or lie in bed praying and be filled. The location is irrelevent- It is FAITH that makes people filled with the Holy Spirit.

In my church if a prayer meeting was held and people just went along as they do normally to church: to spend some time with God and to learn about him- then they would get that much. But because a prayer meeting was held after my Pastor had got back from Florida fired up with the Spirit. He said come along and we will see healings and we will invite God into church and have our own revival.

And guess what happened- Exactly what people believed would happen. Healings, speaking in tongues, people bursting with the Spirit, many people lying on the floor as God touched them.

I hope this answers your question- It's not enough to ask for God's Spirit. You've got to be ready to RECIEVE his Spirit too.

Comment

Let me pop in here. I am and will be following this topic very closely for reason that I do not want to discuss on the open boards.

The fruit of a life spent in the presence of Jesus, through devotions, prayer, the word is always good fruit. The closer one gets to Christ the more Christ pulls out the weeds and undesired things in our lives. But so is true with what he replaces it with. God knows what is needs and He does not cookie cut what He gives you and others. To some He gives an overwhelming presence of His love, to others he heals and others he saves entire families. Each is different because we each approach God with different needs.

The impact on your pastor is primarily the result of his meeting with God in a fresh and new way. I would reckon to say, that perhaps he and many others needed to get away and go to a faith filled place to get that touch. But I also say this that had that opportunity been available closer to home, he would have met God in that same way.

Consequently, he took that touch (anointing) back to his church and since the fruit is good fruit (a personal revelation) the harvest also produces good fruit.

But, here's my "But". Revivals are all about the above but it is first all about the gospel changing lives through the preaching of His word to the unsaved. Salvations is the fruit of revival, then the secondary effect of miracles, signs and wonders follow.

Let's praise God for all that is happening in Florida but also praise God for what's happening in Asia (a textbook example of revival and persecution that follows) and Africa and the church down the road that doesn't get the media attention but God is moving with the anointing of His Spirit.

Every life that is "changed" must testify relentlessly and cause change in the lives of the unsaved or else the fruit was not good enough to produce a harvest and it will die.
                    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
                      In Acts people would lie down the sick in Peter's shadow and they were healed. Not because there was anything special about Peter's shadow- But because they had complete confidence that they would be healed.

It is the same with Florida. People believe that if they go to Florida they will be filled with the Holy Spirit- so God fills them. IT IS A REVIVAL OF FAITH.

You can stay in your hometown and be filled, or go to the desert and be filled, or get baptised and be filled, or lie in bed praying and be filled. The location is irrelevent- It is FAITH that makes people filled with the Holy Spirit.

In my church if a prayer meeting was held and people just went along as they do normally to church: to spend some time with God and to learn about him- then they would get that much. But because a prayer meeting was held after my Pastor had got back from Florida fired up with the Spirit. He said come along and we will see healings and we will invite God into church and have our own revival.

And guess what happened- Exactly what people believed would happen. Healings, speaking in tongues, people bursting with the Spirit, many people lying on the floor as God touched them.

I hope this answers your question- It's not enough to ask for God's Spirit. You've got to be ready to RECIEVE his Spirit too.
                      I am glad that folks faith is being revived. That is certainly a good thing and I don't think anyone would argue this! Hope not anyway! And keep in mind too... I would never want to say or do anything at all to put such a fire out. The church does often need revived... some even need a cattle prod to help wake them up!

That being said... listen to what Amazzin says as well. Somewhere in here that fire has to be about salvation of souls. That actually should be our primary focus (all believers) in that we are all instructed to go out there and tell folks the good news of Jesus Christ. I am reminded of an article that I wrote one time... it was about prayer. Often times folks will meet together and pray for souls to be saved and they will pray and pray and pray... as they should do. But until they in fact get up off their knees and go out there and tell the good news of Christ... prayer has just become an excuse and it has no legs. One must put legs to that prayer... Go into all the world... and then that prayer is mixed with true faith in that it is a working faith.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

• Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                        Let me bring a dose of reality to this though. The revival has been going on a bit over 40 days now. While there may be some "changed" lives right now... let me see a year from now. One cannot judge much by that in all honesty. I could give you a ton of names of folks that got all "changed" at Brownsville too. Several months later... that change wasn't so evident and today... many are stone cold heathens. So that someone comes back excited and fired up... that doesn't necessarily denote change. Short term okay... but short term change isn't that much change at all.

Now to keep it fair... that isn't always the fault of the person preaching the Revival. That often falls on the person themselves as well as to a large degree the church that they go back to. But nevertheless... changed lives, while good and while a good sign, isn't the greatest measuring stick to use as history has shown us MANY times.... starting in the book of Exodus for a great example.
                        I totally and completely agree... I just want this to be reasonably judged... there is some good and some not so good... there will be lasting fruit and there will be some who will not... It's a matter of eating the meat and spitting out the bones...
                        The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

• With the title being end times revival or end times deception...i have to say i see both taking place.

Sad but true.

But this is what happens when people don't study the scriptures out for themselves and just adhere to what any joe schmuck in such and such church teaches.

It's a "see for yourself" type of thing. Fore those who ask and truly want truth the door will be opened. Study the scriptures.....

Shalom,
                          Tanja
                          Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.
                          2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
                          If it's not done out of unselfish love, then it's hardly righteous.
                          http://disciple2yeshua.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I really don't know how both could be taking place

If the people "in charge" of the revival are a bit shaky on scripture that is their own fault but does by no mean make them decieving.

I am sure that once a revival in England gets underway, many people will be bought to God. BUT it must begin with you. Someone said (can't remember who) that the best way to start a revival is to draw a circle around yourself and say to God "Lord let your fire fall on everything in this circle" and from there it will spread.

Once we are filled ourselves we spend no time in spreading God's word- It is like with the Pentecost: The apostles recieved the Spirit first and then started spreading the word- not the other way round.

As long as this revival does not cause us to neglect spreading his word (can't think of why on earth it would- If anything it would give us an incentive) then this revival is not really a problem. In fact it is the opposite- it is a blessing, so let's give thanks to God for it.

Comment

• If someone is in ministry and you want to know why they preach what they do, you
                              search to see what they believe. When something is experience driven to do this is even more important. Then you research to see what other people under a certain teacher have experienced elsewhere. I for one think I've read and seen enough. Hope others use the same caution when dealing with the supernatural.
                              I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

• Originally posted by markedward View Post
                                Revivals happen almost once or twice every generation. There were revivals in the 1900's, there were revivals in the 1800's, in the 1700's, and on back. Classifying it as an end-times revival or deception is hardly called for if similar events have happened in the past. That would be like calling the Iraq War a sign of the end-times simply because it's a war, while ignoring the Vietnam War, the Korean War, World War II, World War I, etc.

Related websites:
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revivalism
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_blessing
                                http://www.evanwiggs.com/history.html
                                yea but if Russia attacks Isreal... Isn't that supposed to be something?

Comment

Working...
                                X