Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is rediculous. There is no controversy, I think he's playing with too many people's perceptions.
    POSTEDIT: Although to some... they could vary in opinion. I think this guy could really believe this is happening to him.

Comment

• I'm even tempted to go back and look at it some more on the videos. Todd's is either a prophet... or a false prophet.
      EDIT: I'll go and look at this some more. Perhaps this is not a deception.
      POSTEDIT: Not that I have power, or anything. I just am throwing it out there (like some of you are) that this guy could be a player.
      POSTPOSTEDIT: Perhaps for every false prophet there is a prophet. Let's just hope that's the case -.-.

Comment

• I disagree entirely- There is very little special about Todd- he is neither a prophet and is certainly not a false prophet.

Todd is simply the guy preaching- he's not the guy doing the work- GOD IS. People aren't bought to God in Florida because of what the guy at the front is saying but because they are experiencing something in the worship- THE HOLY SPIRIT. People aren't being healed because Todd has a magic touch- no, most of the sick and injured are healed in the worship (including several people in my church, so don't argue this fact).

I will repeat what I said before- There is no point trying to pick tiny things wrong about each individual. Because you are basically asking "who sinned?" which Jesus points out is the wrong question (John chp 9)- a better question would be "WHO SAVES?" because many people are being saved in Florida- The answer is JESUS SAVES!

God Bless!
        He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

• Spirit is wonderful but...

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
          It is not the healings, nor the prophesies, nor the resurrections that make this revival so amazing. It is simply the awesome presence of the Holy Spirit- It's like you can reach out and touch God. All of these miracles are a result (fruit) of the Spirit- but it is the Holy Spirit in itself that makes this revival so powerful.
          I find it useless to argue over whether or not the presence of God can actually be found in this 'revival'. Instead, it is best to ask, 'so what?'. Even if God is present in this 'revival' and His gifts are manifested there, does not prove He condones the 'revival'. God's presence, as wonderful as it is, and His gifts, valuable as they are, are given freely. Now, I think the Spirit is wonderful but can miracles, prophecies or even earnest prayers, somehow override scripture's plain teaching?
          sigpicLife! Just Live It!
          http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

• Again I have to disagree- the fact that the Holy Spirit is working there means that God is in control and in charge of this revival.

Also what makes you think that scripture is being neglected. It isn't in my church- and we're about to have a revival (heck, it's happenning already)
            He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

• Angel Emma

Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
              Again I have to disagree- the fact that the Holy Spirit is working there means that God is in control and in charge of this revival.

Also what makes you think that scripture is being neglected. It isn't in my church- and we're about to have a revival (heck, it's happenning already)
              The church of corinth is a biblical example of how the Spirit can move in a church despite gross shortcomings. There are numerous modern day examples as well, from fallen tele-evangelist movements to prophetic ministries. Was it not the Spirit of God moving in these ministries? Weren't real miracles taking place? And yet, can anyone say that these ministries were sanctioned by God? What makes me think why scripture is neglected? Well, what is your opinion about angel Emma?
              sigpicLife! Just Live It!
              http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

• Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
                The church of corinth is a biblical example of how the Spirit can move in a church despite gross shortcomings. There are numerous modern day examples as well, from fallen tele-evangelist movements to prophetic ministries. Was it not the Spirit of God moving in these ministries? Weren't real miracles taking place? And yet, can anyone say that these ministries were sanctioned by God? What makes me think why scripture is neglected? Well, what is your opinion about angel Emma?
                Ravi,

Just because a minister falls doesn't make the ministry not "sanctioned" by God. David was certainly sanctioned by God as King as was Saul. Both fell... one stayed down and one got up. But neither fall negated the fact that their kingship was sanctioned by God. Same with ministers... just because a man fell doesn't negate their original call by God.

As to the Emma Angel thing. It is bizarre. But then you know what... so is Ezekiel. Look... I don't even have a problem with visions and whatnot or even angelic visitations. I have no problem with that sort of thing still happening. Now... I have a problem when that sort of thing is the main focus but not in the idea of those type things still happening.

Visit our new website
                ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

• Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                  Ravi,

Just because a minister falls doesn't make the ministry not "sanctioned" by God. David was certainly sanctioned by God as King as was Saul. Both fell... one stayed down and one got up. But neither fall negated the fact that their kingship was sanctioned by God. Same with ministers... just because a man fell doesn't negate their original call by God.

As to the Emma Angel thing. It is bizarre. But then you know what... so is Ezekiel. Look... I don't even have a problem with visions and whatnot or even angelic visitations. I have no problem with that sort of thing still happening. Now... I have a problem when that sort of thing is the main focus but not in the idea of those type things still happening.
                  I totally agree... the healings and the manifestations don't need to be the focus of the revival... it needs to be God at all times... To give God the focus means to let him work and obey him... But there is the reality of the benefits of that, manifestations, healings, and signs and wonders. Praise the Lord and forget not his benefits. Psalm 103
                  The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

• Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                    I don't even have a problem with visions and whatnot or even angelic visitations. I have no problem with that sort of thing still happening.
                    Aside from the subject, but are demons not also angels? Do they cease to be angels when they become demons? Hum I never thought of that before!
                    I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

• oops, was gonna let this go, but is interesting~

Comment

• What's this about an angel? I've read up on that, and it's setting my alarm bells off!
                        Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

• Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                          Aside from the subject, but are demons not also angels? Do they cease to be angels when they become demons? Hum I never thought of that before!
                          Well... since we don't have the recipe book... don't know. But seriously... I don't suspect it is all spooky and or sweet like many pictures depict. That is why it is terribly important that one know the Scripture well and have discernment to be able to keep themselves from getting into a mess.

Visit our new website
                          ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                          "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

• Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                            reality is yeah Satan can transform himself into an angel of light... if there are demons then there are angels... and besides demons don't heal.... believe me if you have ever seen a demon manifest you will know.... demons don't manifest in the way I have seen in watching the Lakeland Revival.... demons don't heal people... they possess them and are all about control... The Holy Spirit is a perfect gentleman and doesn't demand control but will take it when you give it to him...

Can demons cast out demons?
                            The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Comment

• Originally posted by daughter View Post
                              What's this about an angel? I've read up on that, and it's setting my alarm bells off!
                              Todd is much about angels. No mystery there and even the folks who follow him should recognize that the mention of angels here and angels there and visions of angels and visititations before pretty much every service and visitations during the service and etc. etc... there is an awful lot of emphasis put on the angelic. One need determine if it is too much so.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend of Jesus View Post
                                I will repeat what I said before- There is no point trying to pick tiny things wrong about each individual.
                                That's true. But....we should be aware of the doctrine that one believes in before blindly following a person. We shouldn't even really follow a person should we, or should we? And I know we do! Maybe not blindly all the time, but we do in a way. We say I love so and so. I listen to so and so. I support so and so. And I don't think that is always wrong. God has granted some ministers with great insight into the Scriptures.
                                But.. will God still honor with works those who have some say, humm New Age thought, spiritualism, eastern religion etc mixed in with their doctrine?
                                I'm talking here about ANYONE who names the Name of Christ or God.

Comment

Working...
                                X