Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Time Revival or End Time Deception?

Many of you have heard about the "revival" going on in Florida under Todd Bentley. We need to take caution and examine these things by their fruits. I wanted to post here a couple videos that show some of the manifestations from this revival.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX9xd...eature=related
    This video shows a man testifying of what he has experienced and then shows Todd Bentley imparting this "anointing" to him by kneeing him in the stomach. The man proceeds to shake and convulse violently.

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOgb...eature=related
    This video shows the same man in his hotel room sharing the same story about the angel. A few minutes into it, he convulses, gets thrashed by an unseen force, hits his head very hard, and manifests like an epileptic on the floor while his friends laugh hysterically.

Now, I haven't said anything good or bad about this revival, just posting these things to make them known. I will let everyone decide for himself. Just know that these are real manifestations occuring and Todd Bentley is the one causing them to occur.

For more on this revival, and to know what I think about it, click here: http://www.puregospeltruth.com/heali...d-bentley.html

Revivals happen almost once or twice every generation. There were revivals in the 1900's, there were revivals in the 1800's, in the 1700's, and on back. Classifying it as an end-times revival or deception is hardly called for if similar events have happened in the past. That would be like calling the Iraq War a sign of the end-times simply because it's a war, while ignoring the Vietnam War, the Korean War, World War II, World War I, etc.

Related websites:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revivalism
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_blessing
    http://www.evanwiggs.com/history.html
    To This Day

Comment

What I am interested in knowing is...

How does the revival actually play out?

What we read or see in the news is just masses of people trying to crowd into a church or onto stage to get healed.

Is there any organization to this? Is there any time specifically set aside, for everyone to shut up and listen to someone reading Scripture, where someone gets on stage and reads the Truth to the crowds? It happens now and then that people, even Christians, get into the delusion that they need physical healing. Which is more important, physical health or spiritual health? Jesus performed miracles - if you read the Scriptures people went to Him for physical healing. But what He taught was spiritual healing, in Him. The physical healings are a sign to the people, but the spiritual healing is the most important thing. That's what I want to know, are they making the spiritual health an important aspect in this revival, or are they just sticking to physical health?
      To This Day

Comment

(Third post, woo.)

I just finished watching the first video...

And what I see there is nothing like the physical healings we see in the Bible. I see a man who is becoming increasingly agitated, is kneed (well, it wasn't that hard, but still) in the stomach, and falls to the floor tweaking and twitching.

In the Bible, it was always a statement of "Be healed" and the person was healed, filled with strength. Not someone getting kicked in the stomach or smacked on the forehead, and the person drops the floor, completely weak and twitching involuntarily.

My immediate perception of what I see: this doesn't appeal to the Bible. This isn't good.
        To This Day

Comment

I heard about the revival in Florida just recently. Its nice that you already looked into it for me, saves me some time. Thanks thats all I need to see. Good Website!!

Comment

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
            "Let no man deceive you"

I also am "man" - this includes myself !

Comment

Let me say a few things here just to make a few things clear.

1. On an official note... folks be careful what you say and how you treat this thread and what is happening in Florida. Keep in mind this fact... there are literally thousands of people attending every night and tens of thousands watching on the Internet and likely hundreds of thousands watching via Godtv. My personal opinion and yours aside... there are many people that think this real and think this a real revival etc. Just saying it is of the devil or some such does nothing for anyone short ticking them off and causing them to shut their ears to anything good said.

2. Todd Bentley, Joe Schmucky, myself or no other man has healed anyone save Jesus Christ when He walked this earth. Every other healing done since that day was done by the self same power of Jesus Christ.

3. Just because a bunch of folks who came to a revival then went to their hotel room and laughed like drunken sailors (no offense to the drunken sailors) and claimed it an anointing of God don't make it either an anointing of God nor does it make it something approved of by the person preaching the revival. Now... Todd well may approve of this but that isn't the point. Folks have a tendency to broad brush things when seeing stuff like this.

4. Drama rules with many a preacher. From the preacher that is talking normal and then is "crying" and yet not a tear in the eye and then switches right back to normal... to the preacher that uses some made up story that he knows didn't really happen... to the preacher that gets up there and falls on the floor acting like that same drunken sailor. Sure... there are degrees of exaggeration but why be legalistic about it. Drama is drama regardless of the degree.

On that note... and I will have more to say I am sure... be civil and act like the Christian folk you proclaim to be when discussing this issue in this thread.

This is not intended for any specific person in this thread already etc. I am just being ahead of the curve because I know well how these threads turn out. If a person starts being a jerk then your post will be deleted. No complaining if it happens.

Visit our new website
              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by IamBill View Post
                I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
                Cry

There has recently been a lot of this guy on God Channel TV, here in the UK. I find it hard to watch more then a few minutes at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post
                  I heard about the revival in Florida just recently. Its nice that you already looked into it for me, saves me some time. Thanks thats all I need to see. Good Website!!
                  Always look into things yourself and always take the time to test it with scripture. Never depend on others for the things you should do yourself.
                  Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

No real need to either laugh or cry guys. Just pray that whatever God wills in all of this be done.

Visit our new website
                    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                      No real need to either laugh or cry guys. Just pray that whatever God wills in all of this be done.
                      Pretty much what I meant. I didn't watch the whole fist minute.
                      "Let no man deceive you"

I also am "man" - this includes myself !

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                        Well, if it's deception (and I lean in the direction) then" God's will" is not in it other then to allow it to take place. todd

Comment

I know one thing for certain...people (all of us) are so, SO hungry for real, God-sent REVIVAL, they go traveling for miles and miles, just in the hope of seeing a real move of God!

But, in my time, I HAVE been in real moves of God, and believe me, once you've experienced a holy move of the spirit of Almighty God, nothing but the real can ever, ever take its place.

Oh my, even I long for those days again...Oh Dear Jesus, just to see those days again...

But the moves of God that I recall, we didn't have to go here or go there...my goodness! We sometimes were in home Bible Studies, and miracles happened! Sometimes revival came in my own private home...it came to the work places--factories all around started having a 30 - 45 minute each day, when a preacher or teacher would come in and lead a Bible Study! Kids in schools were starting "Bible Clubs"...and owners of beer joints closed down, and churches sprang up in those same buildings!
                          Sinners actually came under conviction, and hurried to the church, and could not wait for an altar call to run to the altar and fall on their knees, crying out for God to save them!

I've seen it...I've seen precious Mothers and wives shout the roof almost off the building, when that worthless-drunken-no-good man found salvation! Salvation that TOOK, in those days! God took the bottle from town drunkards and replaced the bottle with the bible, and those former old drunks who would not work, and were cruel to their families, became Choir Leaders and Sunday School Teachers!

AND...none of us could read and hear enough of the WORD OF GOD! We were soaking it up like a sponge!

Yes, I know the real. Let me hear about these things again, and I want to be in it. But the trouble is, the real was contagious. People seemed to catch it from each other!

I just happen to believe real moves of God come to us. Do I need to go SOMEWHERE looking when I KNOW revival COMES to where we are? Am I too far off track? Here, I believe, is where revival starts....

2 Chronicles 7:14
                          If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Just a side note...gas is far too high now-adays to go running here and there in search for revival. Lord, start a revival again, and Lord, let it begin with me, and with each person on this board that is dedicated to you! Amen.
                          My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggindeeper View Post
                            I know one thing for certain...people (all of us) are so, SO hungry for real, God-sent REVIVAL, they go traveling for miles and miles, just in the hope of seeing a real move of God!

But, in my time, I HAVE been in real moves of God, and believe me, once you've experienced a holy move of the spirit of Almighty God, nothing but the real can ever, ever take its place.

Oh my, even I long for those days again...Oh Dear Jesus, just to see those days again...

But the moves of God that I recall, we didn't have to go here or go there...my goodness! We sometimes were in home Bible Studies, and miracles happened! Sometimes revival came in my own private home...it came to the work places--factories all around started having a 30 - 45 minute each day, when a preacher or teacher would come in and lead a Bible Study! Kids in schools were starting "Bible Clubs"...and owners of beer joints closed down, and churches sprang up in those same buildings!
                            Sinners actually came under conviction, and hurried to the church, and could not wait for an altar call to run to the altar and fall on their knees, crying out for God to save them!

I've seen it...I've seen precious Mothers and wives shout the roof almost off the building, when that worthless-drunken-no-good man found salvation! Salvation that TOOK, in those days! God took the bottle from town drunkards and replaced the bottle with the bible, and those former old drunks who would not work, and were cruel to their families, became Choir Leaders and Sunday School Teachers!

AND...none of us could read and hear enough of the WORD OF GOD! We were soaking it up like a sponge!

Yes, I know the real. Let me hear about these things again, and I want to be in it. But the trouble is, the real was contagious. People seemed to catch it from each other!

I just happen to believe real moves of God come to us. Do I need to go SOMEWHERE looking when I KNOW revival COMES to where we are? Am I too far off track? Here, I believe, is where revival starts....

2 Chronicles 7:14
                            If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Just a side note...gas is far too high now-adays to go running here and there in search for revival. Lord, start a revival again, and Lord, let it begin with me, and with each person on this board that is dedicated to you! Amen.
                            Nothing at all wrong with that!

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I'm still not sure I understand the concept of "revival".

Are these churches that are going into "revival" dead or something? It seems to me that if you need some sort of revival you must just be a dead church. The folks in the bible didn't need "revival". They got that when they accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and were baptized in the Holy Spirit. It seems when folks use the term "revival" today they are saying that they need something exciting to happen. They need something to stir their emotions and revive them out of this dead state they're in. This concept is troubling to me.
                              "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X