Jerusalem Post: Rabbis call Christianity a cult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerusalem Post: Rabbis call Christianity a cult

As part of the 60 year celebration of existence, one of the events in Israel is a Bible quiz for young Jews. One of the finalists is a young girl who is a Messianic Jew.

This has lead to protests from the chief Rabbis. There are calls to disqualify the girl or boycott or cancel the quiz. The Rabbis wrote:
    "It is unacceptable that a member of a cult that has removed itself from the Jewish faith will take part in a quiz dedicated to a book that has been holy to the Jews since their inception as a people."
    The Jerusalem Post article is here:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

I understand of course Jews disagree with Christians. But a cult? Is this how Jews see Christians? It saddens me to see such harsh rhetoric.
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

This is very sad, because Christians never said bad words to Jews for not accepting Christ as their Saviour. It only shows the deep division between two main stream religions.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Revolvr View Post
      As part of the 60 year celebration of existence, one of the events in Israel is a Bible quiz for young Jews. One of the finalists is a young girl who is a Messianic Jew.

This has lead to protests from the chief Rabbis. There are calls to disqualify the girl or boycott or cancel the quiz. The Rabbis wrote:
      The Jerusalem Post article is here:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

I understand of course Jews disagree with Christians. But a cult? Is this how Jews see Christians? It saddens me to see such harsh rhetoric.
      Truly the word of God is being fulfilled, let us hope that their eyes are opened before it is too late, as we know only a remnant shall be saved of Israel.

Rom 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

Rom 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
        This is very sad, because Christians never said bad words to Jews for not accepting Christ as their Saviour. It only shows the deep division between two main stream religions.
        Do they therefore not acknowledge what Jesus accomplished at the cross?

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
        Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

If they seek peace why do they not accept what Christ has done?

Comment

That's not necessarily true, the Catholic church doctrine taught that the Jews were the killers of Yahushua up until recent times.
          Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
          -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Originally posted by Revolvr View Post

Technically, from a Judaism perspective, Christianity is a cult.

'Cult' meaning an offshoot viewpoint that differs significantly in several areas from the original viewpoint.

Christianity has alot of offshoot beliefs from Judaism. In this case, however, the original was flawed (for rejecting the Messiah), and the offshoot cult (Christianity) was correct for accepting Messiah, and shouting Him from the tops of the mountains and throughout the world for the last 2000 years.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
              Technically, from a Judaism perspective, Christianity is a cult.

'Cult' meaning an offshoot viewpoint that differs significantly in several areas from the original viewpoint.

Christianity has alot of offshoot beliefs from Judaism. In this case, however, the original was flawed (for rejecting the Messiah), and the offshoot cult (Christianity) was correct for accepting Messiah, and shouting Him from the tops of the mountains and throughout the world for the last 2000 years.
              Is that therefore where this applies?

Rom 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

Comment

So much for being a light unto the world
                "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
                -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

This is a delicate subject, you have to understand what the Jewish people have been through with the persicution and forced conversions. We should be praying for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. We are enjoying the fact the we know the Jewsih Messiah and have salvation while they the chosen people are blinded to their own Messiah. Sad indeed

Comment

Originally posted by diffangle View Post
                    That's not necessarily true, the Catholic church doctrine taught that the Jews were the killers of Yahushua up until recent times.
                    I wonder why they taught that.

John 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

John 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
                    Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
                    Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
                    Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
                    Acts 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
                    Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
                    Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
                    Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
                    Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
                    Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
                    Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
                    Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
                    Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
                    Acts 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
                    Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
                    1Peter 3:15
                    (BBE) But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Comment

Originally posted by Naphal View Post
                      I wonder why they taught that.

John 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

John 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
                      Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
                      Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
                      Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
                      Acts 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
                      Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
                      Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
                      Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
                      Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
                      Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
                      Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
                      Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
                      Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
                      Acts 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
                      Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
                      Don't get me wrong, the Jews played a part in His death but so did the gentiles, the gentiles were the ones that physically carried it out, also He died for every one of us... so if you want to get technical... we all killed Him(since we're all sinners). But ultimately remember, no man taketh His life from Him...

Jhn 10:18 No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of My Father.

So trying to put the blame solely on the Jews is just plain wrong.
                      Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Hrrrm... We only, 'historically', accused them of Deicide (killing God) and having to drink the blood of 'Christian' babies to make themselves 'whole, pure', whatever other garbage.

Comment

Yeah bad things have been done to both. Thats the nature of humans doing/saying stupid human things to other humans. We all know that so lets move on.
                          "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
                          -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Originally posted by diffangle View Post
                            Don't get me wrong, the Jews played a part in His death but so did the gentiles, the gentiles were the ones that physically carried it out, also He died for every one of us... so if you want to get technical... we all killed Him(since we're all sinners). But ultimately remember, no man taketh His life from Him...

Jhn 10:18 No man taketh it from Me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of My Father.

So trying to put the blame solely on the Jews is just plain wrong.
                            Solely? It would be inaccurate but you said:

Suggesting that it was wrong to even implicate the Jews as being any part of the death of Christ and well, the scriptures make it clear they did kill him. It lays more blame on them than anyone and rightly so. Yes, no one could have killed him had he chosen not to come and be born, but that's a side issue. The Jews did everything but do the actual killing but this equals killing just as much as the hands that were bloodied in the act, even moreso in this case.

1Peter 3:15
                            (BBE) But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Comment

Originally posted by Naphal View Post
                              Suggesting that it was wrong to even implicate the Jews as being any part of the death of Christ and well, the scriptures make it clear they did kill him. It lays more blame on them than anyone and rightly so.
                              It's wrong to try and pin it on to one race of people, the Scriptures make it clear that it was a joint effort(of Jew and gentile) in the crucifixtion of Yahushua and that it was b/c of our(both Jew and gentile) sin.

Yes, no one could have killed him had he chosen not to come and be born, but that's a side issue.

It's not a side issue, He explicity states that no man(that includes the Jews) takes His life from Him but that He lays it down Himself.

The Jews did everything but do the actual killing but this equals killing just as much as the hands that were bloodied in the act, even moreso in this case.

If the gentiles didn't beat and crucify Him... He wouldn't have died... the Jews weren't going to kill Him themselves... it took two to tango in this case... no one is less guilty than the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X