Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 'Smart' Was Adam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How 'Smart' Was Adam

    I was watching this show called 'Superhumans" on DCVSCI and was wondering if before the fall Adam could calculate 83 to 15 powers in his head like this guy on TV.

    Any thoughts?
    As thy days, so shall thy strength be - Deuteronomy 33:25

  • #2
    Before he fell? Had to be the most intelligent person to ever live, right alongside Eve... Mind you, not the wisest.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gulah Papyrus View Post
      I was watching this show called 'Superhumans" on DCVSCI and was wondering if before the fall Adam could calculate 83 to 15 powers in his head like this guy on TV.

      Any thoughts?

      If he couldn't count as high as all that, he was pretty smart to take a job like "be fruitful and multiply." How does one get a gig like that today, and not break the law?

      The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

      Comment


      • #4
        If you look at how big of a garden God put under the leadership of Adam in Genesis 2:10-14; I need to assume that (before the fall) Adam was incredibly brilliant. Scientists say that we only use around 10% of our actual brain capacity today.

        When Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil...talk about getting a "brain freeze".

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stormfreak1 View Post
          If you look at how big of a garden God put under the leadership of Adam in Genesis 2:10-14; I need to assume that (before the fall) Adam was incredibly brilliant. Scientists say that we only use around 10% of our actual brain capacity today.

          When Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil...talk about getting a "brain freeze".
          Common misconception. We only use a fraction of our brain capacity at a time. So you can calculate the cube root of 8892254 in your head, and use every ounce of your math capacity... but you can't calculate the cube root of 889225, play basketball, sing, listen to your iPod, determine the flavor of gum, dream, and interpret a metaphor all at once.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
            Before he fell? Had to be the most intelligent person to ever live, right alongside Eve... Mind you, not the wisest.
            Where do you get that from?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
              Common misconception. We only use a fraction of our brain capacity at a time. So you can calculate the cube root of 8892254 in your head, and use every ounce of your math capacity... but you can't calculate the cube root of 889225, play basketball, sing, listen to your iPod, determine the flavor of gum, dream, and interpret a metaphor all at once.
              Whose to say that Adam could not do some of these things at the same time before the fall (if they had existed in the garden, of course)? For a guy to name all the animals in the garden... where everything was growing without the hindrance of sin...he must have pretty smart.

              Has anyone ever considered why Eve was (literally) talking with a snake- and didn't recognize something was awry with a snake talking to her?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stormfreak1 View Post
                Has anyone ever considered why Eve was (literally) talking with a snake- and didn't recognize something was awry with a snake talking to her?
                That same snake can still speak today and he gives people all kinds of evil thoughts!
                Matt 9:13
                13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                NASU

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm not talking about - satan, that ancient serpant. (He still "talks" WAY too much.)

                  I'm talking about literally having a conversation with a snake, like when Balaam's donkey was literally talking to him. It seems strange to me that Eve was literally talking to a literal snake. That it didn't strike her as being something unusual tells me something about Adam/Eve's capacities before the fall.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stormfreak1 View Post
                    I'm not talking about - satan, that ancient serpant. (He still "talks" WAY too much.)

                    I'm talking about literally having a conversation with a snake, like when Balaam's donkey was literally talking to him. It seems strange to me that Eve was literally talking to a literal snake. That it didn't strike her as being something unusual tells me something about Adam/Eve's capacities before the fall.
                    Who was that literal snake?

                    But supposing it was a literal snake, in her experience why should she be shocked? It's not like she had a lifetime of experience to draw upon.

                    And perhaps it was her spirit communicating with ole slew foot. And he communicated with her the same way. I think you have a stronger case with Balaam and his donkey.
                    Matt 9:13
                    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                    NASU

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived, and some scientist, if you look at his accomplishments in the field.

                      Adam and Eve must have been the smartest people on the planet at least to begin with. They were the only ones there!

                      Well, Adam "naming" the animals... that would imply some great science knowledge. He wasn't just calling them Fred or Fido... he was classifying them. We know also that he is responsible for the first love poem. There is some indication that he could write.

                      His immediate descendants were quite intelligent and creative too... even the sinners. They built cities, invented musical instruments, agriculture, animal farming, metalurgy... we're talking a clever race of people here. I would imagine they inherited their brilliance from our first parents.
                      Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

                      My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        All of that from the grace of God, starts with a thought.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                          That same snake can still speak today and he gives people all kinds of evil thoughts!
                          Does this mean that Eve spoke Parseltongue?????

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
                            Does this mean that Eve spoke Parseltongue?????

                            Dangit. You beat me to it.
                            This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by -SEEKING- View Post
                              Dangit. You beat me to it.
                              Great minds think alike...it was low hanging fruit, but sweet...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X