Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Disasters & Global Warming

Hello all, new here

I would like to know what is your opinion, in regards to all the recent natural disasters, we have been witnesing around the world in recent times.

Also, what do you think of global warming? I know there are a lot of people out there that don't believe in global warming.

Do you think that everything that is currently happening is a sign of the end of times?

I would really appreciate your views.

yes

most would say it is at least a prelude to pains of labor, if not the pains of labor, but there is no evidence of Global Warming, its a big lie, it is Solar warming and even now the reports say are we will be in a colder climate within the next 10 years. Same thing they said 30 years ago when they said we were heading for an ice age.

Comment

In a word, yes. ALL of the things taken together that we (this generation) are witnessing, has never happened before at the same time, increasing in frequency and intensity, in ONE generation.
      Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.
      MAY WE IN EVIL'S HOUR, TRUTH'S SWORD WITH BOLDNESS WIELD

Comment

Call me a curmudgeon, but I don't see an increase in intensity. The largest natural disasters on record (in terms of death toll anyway) are in the past. Our generation hasn't even seen a flu epidemic, yet there was a time two generations ago where EVERYONE in North America knew or was related to someone who died of Spanish flu.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
          Call me a curmudgeon, but I don't see an increase in intensity. The largest natural disasters on record (in terms of death toll anyway) are in the past. Our generation hasn't even seen a flu epidemic, yet there was a time two generations ago where EVERYONE in North America knew or was related to someone who died of Spanish flu.
          Now everyone is dying of cancer, AIDS, and so forth. It's amazing how many folks are getting cancer these days and just think it's "part of life".
          "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by LatinAngel View Post
            Hello all, new here

I would like to know what is your opinion, in regards to all the recent natural disasters, we have been witnesing around the world in recent times.

Also, what do you think of global warming? I know there are a lot of people out there that don't believe in global warming.

Do you think that everything that is currently happening is a sign of the end of times?

I would really appreciate your views.
            I definitely think we are in the last of the last days.
            Jesus is coming soon.
            Global warming? I think that the theory is a myth and Nasa's corrected data on climate records supports that the theory is a myth. However, when God scorches the Earth during the tribulation, It is going to get very hot. The Earth will be scorched, but only when God is ready to pour out that judgment.

Comment

Thank you so far for your input/views, now another question has arisen. When one refers to ONE generation, to me a generation is: My parents and us their children, so wouldn't my husband, my children and I be another generation? Sorry, not trying to get off topic here, just that I am a bit confused.

I may also add, that I strongly believe that we are living our last days, don't think we have many signs left? Please do correct me if wrong and I am sorry I can not quote any bible verses as I don't know them by heart.

Comment

Originally posted by VerticalReality View Post
                Now everyone is dying of cancer, AIDS, and so forth. It's amazing how many folks are getting cancer these days and just think it's "part of life".
                As far as more cancer case I believe this to be a case of people on average living long enough to develop cancer. There are also modern environmental issues at play as well.

AIDS is such a problem in countries in Africa because of the culture. It is common for people to have many partners even though they may have one wife (and many have multiple wives). There is a lot of migration of people through the countries.
                Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
                Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
                  As far as more cancer case I believe this to be a case of people on average living long enough to develop cancer. There are also modern environmental issues at play as well.
                  What would make you believe this?
                  "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

There was a thread on here not long ago, about the length of time of a generation.

It can range from 40 to 100 years, depending on the particular circumstances.

I hope this helps.
                    Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

How does this fit into the length of time of a generation?

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."

sigpic

Comment

I will not get into this a whole lot, but I will mention there are several threads on this topic. You should check them out if you haven't already.

I'll say this though . . . His glorious return is soon, things will only get worse, and global warming is exaggerated.

I personally believe that although there have been hundreds of more severe events, as many will tell you on this forum and say these are simply tragedies and not signs from God, these are probably God's way of stretching our humanitarian relief efforts and then when we can't handle any more catastrophes He will start bringing the big stuff.

Oh and welcome to the forum
                        Laughing at the world
                        Watching it bend
                        Enjoying the show
                        Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
                        as I walk through the mist
                        By God I will sit
                        And watch the world twist

In Him I will trust
                        And only Him I will fear
                        When the world turns to dust
                        I know He'll be near

Comment

Originally posted by VerticalReality View Post
                          What would make you believe this?
                          Well, we are living longer than ever. Things like heart attacks used to kill years ago. Now people regularly survive. I guess what I'm getting at is that our medical advances are starting to eliminate/redure the various diseases and conditions that used to kill off people when they were much younger and that cancers that typically now occur in the elderly never developed to the point of needing treatment. I don't have any hard stats for this, just a supposition.

As for environmental that may have been a poor choice of word. We have identified numerous materials that we commonly used in more recent time that are known to cause cancer that did not exist through much of human history.
                          Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
                          Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

First of all I agree with you supposition Teddyv. As we age we loose the ability to fight cancer cells as we could when we were younger. I also think that things like smoking and other outside influences cause cancer to a greater degree.

As far as global warming, I think it is all part of God’s plan. I think Jesus knew that we would develop fossil fuels and it would hinder the environment eventually. And that this would bring all eyes back to the Middle East. I have said a lot in those two sentences so let me explain.

I am not a green friendly person. I do not believe we should save the caribou in Alaska because an oil rig would disturb them. I just think decisions like these put a huge label on anyone who agrees with environmental findings. I do think that the oil up there is in safe keeping for future generations, but still the logic behind not using that resource was wrong.

So when I say that I think that global warming is real, it is not because I am on board with every environmental movement that we see. To the contrary, I am extremely conservative. What is different with this particular issue is that we can see the changes happening before our very eyes.

But before we start pulling data from every scientific study, let’s look at what we can see. Our roads are full of cars with a swelling population who has a huge appetite for traveling. It is not just the USA but everywhere around the world. China consumption for energy is rivaling the USA’s. Europe, Russia, India, South America, are all becoming (or already)industrialized. So when we see our roads packed just know it is quickly becoming packed all over the world. Also, with the increase in the standard of living worldwide, energy consumption is ramping up. So we have an enormous amount of Co2 gas going into the atmosphere.

Co2 is a natural part of our atmosphere, but an excess amount that is produced year in year out has to have an effect somewhere. I think we can only kid ourselves in believing that we can massively consume something that has a byproduct and not think there are consequences. Also, this planet is not that big, and it has it’s own balancing routine in dealing with natural gasses when the scale tips. And I do think that the equilibrium is tipping towards the earths stress points.

People are very quick to denounce the findings of these scientists because they fear it will cost them some money. I am on the band wagon with many of them in that I do not think it will do any good paying someone in Washington a fee to consume energy. It is stupid to do so. It will not curb our consumption one bit, and it will only hurt families who are barely making it to begin with. It is like ethanol and how it has driven up grain prices. It is a bad idea, but just because those ideas were bad it does not mean that our weather is not in a state of flux.

For those who think that global warming is a religion. This is really wrong to even think this. It is not a religion at all. It is a genuine concern over what we are doing to this earth that my fellow man is living on. If I did not care about how I am affecting my neighbor then I would not love him, and that would go against what Christ taught us. If I put this earth above Christ then that would be a sin, but that can be said about so many things we find in today’s world. However, taking notice of the actual changes occurring and applying them to scripture is being a prudent Christian in my opinion.
                            For instance, what if we added a foot of water to the entire world? I know it does not sound like much, but if you spread that weight out over a vast amount of area, could it have an impact on the earths crust at the bottom of the sea? Could it push that much more water in the crevices and cause earthquakes that Christ talks about in the latter days? If global warming is real, can it be one of the horsemen talked about in revelation (drought/famine). I think it very well could be, and it is one of the reasons that I think it sets us apart from any other generation that has existed since Christ.

We have several things coming together at the same time that is completely unique that no one has ever seen before in history. We have a huge need for the consumption of crude to maintain the standard of living for billions of people. This consumption gives a by product of Co2 that could be impacting our weather. Most of the world’s oil reserves are located in the Middle East and controlled by Israel’s swore enemy. The richest country that the world has ever seen has a huge appetite for crude and desperately needs those reserves. This same country is Israel’s biggest ally. And throw on top of that the world has developed nuclear weapons. I can easily see how the fulfillment of Revelation could come to pass with the current issues we have in the world today. All it takes is a spark to set the whole thing off, and we could easily see the fulfillment of scripture. Even with those set of events occurring on a national scale, we can see scripture being fulfilled closer to home. We see everyday how love is becoming cold. Also, I see 2 Timothy 3 being fulfilled everyday.

However, I do think we have some time before we see all these things come to pass. And here is my reasoning. Since we are on a global warming thread, I will start with the weather. I think in order for the weather to become a biblical scale problem things have got to become more severe and frequency. And that is where global warming comes into play. As we debate more and more about its effect we continue to pump our Co2 levels up, and nothing will stop us from reducing our output. Even if we reconcile a greenhouse treaty, we still are not going to get countries like China to conform to those regulations. So it is going to increase no matter what everyone agrees to. So whether you are pro or con green, you will see the Co2 levels dramatically increase. And if I am right about it’s effect on the weather, it will fit the bible’s prophecy like a glove.

Secondly, the worlds need for crude is not going to be replaced anytime soon. The Middle East has it. Right now Israel controls that region militarily. In order for the fulfillment of scripture to come to pass someone else has to emerge to contest that balance of power. As long as we support them fully, it is not likely to happen. However if we shift our support to the Arabs, it will fulfill scripture completely. In order to motivate America to do this, we have to have a bit more time before the need for crude will compromise our relationship with Israel. However we can see the signs of our current administration putting pressure on Israel to split Jerusalem. Bottom line, I can see that type of pressure mount.

And finally, the love becoming cold 2 Timothy 3 fulfillments. With things becoming so automated, computerized and society becoming impersonal (money oriented), I can only see getting worse. I do not think we are in the days of Lott, but we are approaching a society very similar. For instance, look at gay marriage. I would guess we are just a few years out on that being incorporated in our normal way of life. Immorality is defiantly on the rise as well as the absence of love for our fellow man.

In close, I just feel that global warming is all part of fulfillment of scripture. I can see a one way path mapping out every detail in Revelation and Matthew 24/25. It is a bitter sweet message being fulfilled because we get to rejoice to see our Lord and Savior return to rule on Earth, but the trials that we all will have to endure will be great. I know that the wedding feast will be worth anything that we have to face, but it still does not stop my grief for those who will not make it and the troubles that are headed their way. I guess the best thing we can do is witness as hard as we can while there is still time. I do hope that I am wrong!

God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
                              Well, we are living longer than ever. Things like heart attacks used to kill years ago. Now people regularly survive. I guess what I'm getting at is that our medical advances are starting to eliminate/redure the various diseases and conditions that used to kill off people when they were much younger and that cancers that typically now occur in the elderly never developed to the point of needing treatment. I don't have any hard stats for this, just a supposition.

As for environmental that may have been a poor choice of word. We have identified numerous materials that we commonly used in more recent time that are known to cause cancer that did not exist through much of human history.
                              Why do you feel like mankind always seems to turn to science for answers?

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X