Gay Marriages in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Gay Marriages in CA

I am not surprised by the news today about the supreme court overturned allowing for Gay Marriages in CALIFORNIA.

I only wonder if this IS another sign of the End times... with everything else that is happening

Jesus Hurry!

Originally posted by pinksparkleez View Post
    I am not surprised by the news today about the supreme court overturned allowing for Gay Marriages in CALIFORNIA. I only wonder if this IS another sign of the End times... with everything else that is happeningJesus Hurry!
    Hi, Pinksparkleez! I agree with you that this is a sign of the times. In II Timothy 3:2 the Bible says that people in the end times will consider nothing sacred. Marriage is a sacred covenant before God, established by God for a man and a woman. Also, II Peter 3:3 says that people in the end times will do every evil thing they desire. Certainly God holds homosexuality as an evil thing in His sight, and I feel that modern churches that "okay" the gay lifestyle among their members are fulfilling II Timothy 3:5 which says people in the end times will appear to be religious but at the same time will deny the power that could make them godly, as well as II Timothy 4:3-4 which says church members won't endure sound doctrine, but will want to "have their ears tickled" and listen only to teachers who will say what they want them to say. They will turn away from truth.

I believe that the other characteristics of people in the last days which Peter lists in Chapter 3 are also prevalent today. These include people loving only themselves and their money, being boastful, proud, scoffing at God, being disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unloving, unforgiving, slandering others, having no self-control, being cruel, having no interest in what is good, betraying friends, being reckless, loving pleasure rather than God, and laughing at the truth. Now, I'm sure that all of these characteristics have been found in past times as well as current times (people have always been sinners since Adam and Eve fell), but the current situation, at least so far as I've seen in the United States, certainly appears to me to be one of deteriorating morality and an ever increasing trend towards the characteristics described by Peter. I'm not a youngster--I've seen a lot of years--and I have to say that within the last ten years things have changed so much moralitywise that I can hardly believe my eyes and ears. I do believe these are signs that Jesus' return is right around the bend.

Comment

Originally posted by pinksparkleez View Post
      I am not surprised by the news today about the supreme court overturned allowing for Gay Marriages in CALIFORNIA.

I only wonder if this IS another sign of the End times... with everything else that is happening

Jesus Hurry!
      The men of Soddom & Gomorah surrounded Lot's house, kicked and pounded at the doors demanding Lot send his guests out so the town could rape them.

We have a long way to go yet.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
        The men of Soddom & Gomorah surrounded Lot's house, kicked and pounded at the doors demanding Lot send his guests out so the town could rape them.

We have a long way to go yet.
        Agreed. Plus in Paul's day gay marriage was common, even the Roman leader had two gay marriages...one to a slave boy.. (though that isn't really considered gay marriage but something all together different). We think things are bad until we look at history...

God bless
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Better check again

Dear His Least:

You said in your last post, " We have a long way to go yet."...better check again. Last gay pride parade in San Francisco had live nude homosexual sex acts in the street and the police did nothing to stop it.

Wish it weren't so...time to pray like never before.
          gr

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Rake View Post
            Dear His Least:

You said in your last post, " We have a long way to go yet."...better check again. Last gay pride parade in San Francisco had live nude homosexual sex acts in the street and the police did nothing to stop it.

gr
            Got a link for that...I can't image the police not doing something ...a straight couple couldn't do that and not be arrested..

If its true, that is bad...but its still not trying to bang on someone's door to rape the men inside...not having a nations leader openly marrying a boy...or another man.
            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Rake View Post
              Dear His Least:

All that means is that there were live nude homosexual acts occuring. It DOESN'T mean we're smack in the middle of the end times. And since I have to "check again", lets both look WAAAAY back to Soddom, where the whole town showed up to gang rape Lot's male guests. Or research why Isreal had a civil war with the tribe of Benjamin in the book of Judges. Or more recently, look at the Roman empire... when at the height of its Imperial power, aristocrats were expected to attend the orgies of the ruling class or be put to death.

So... I'm sorry but looking at the state of California, "THE END IS NIGH" is not my first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                Got a link for that...I can't image the police not doing something ...a straight couple couldn't do that and not be arrested..
                Its probably true, but it is no more a sign of the end times than La Senza marketing a line of lingere for tween girls, or the fact that modern man has forgotten the sabbath, or that nearly every monetary system in the world is based off of usery.

Comment

I feel certain it is a sign of the times we live in. It is a falling away from God, and it is just one more thing that is being adopted as acceptable behavior in our society. I am not a scholar on how history has respected gay unions nor do I want to become one, but what little I do know is that we consider a marriage a holy union between a man and a woman. It is suppose to be a sacred relationship, obviously not always respected as one, but never the less it is. This is a direct conflict with how God created us. I feel it is just one more huge step in disrespecting the lord.

As far as Sodom and Gomorrah, if an angel walked into some parts of San Francisco I am not sure they would not be raped by some Gay men. It is a big City and some bad things have happened there just as many bad things happen in other cities. Also, I want to add that if those angels were of the female gender, I am sure there are places in San Francisco that would not be safe for them. I will also mention that all of Sodom was not Gay because Lot’s daughters were engaged to be married to two men. And Lot tried to get them out of the City but they refused to listen.

Genesis 19:14 4 So Lot rushed out to tell his daughters' fiancés, "Quick, get out of the city! The LORD is about to destroy it." But the young men thought he was only joking.

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post

I believe that the other characteristics of people in the last days which Peter lists in Chapter 3 are also prevalent today. These include people loving only themselves and their money, being boastful, proud, scoffing at God, being disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unloving, unforgiving, slandering others, having no self-control, being cruel, having no interest in what is good, betraying friends, being reckless, loving pleasure rather than God, and laughing at the truth. Now, I'm sure that all of these characteristics have been found in past times as well as current times (people have always been sinners since Adam and Eve fell), but the current situation, at least so far as I've seen in the United States, certainly appears to me to be one of deteriorating morality and an ever increasing trend towards the characteristics described by Peter. I'm not a youngster--I've seen a lot of years--and I have to say that within the last ten years things have changed so much moralitywise that I can hardly believe my eyes and ears. I do believe these are signs that Jesus' return is right around the bend.
                    We also experienced these signs in an intensified way the last 20 years.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post

If its true, that is bad...but its still not trying to bang on someone's door to rape the men inside...not having a nations leader openly marrying a boy...or another man.
                      I've seen a homosexual man on a gay parade, dressed in a fake nun costume, with the skirt a mini dress, showing suspenders. The top half of the "habit" was torn to expose the breasts that this man had added surgically. He was still a "man" because every now and then he'd lift his skirt higher so the guy with him could grope his "package", which was quite obvious in the thong he was wearing. These two were simulating sex acts on a float parading through Manchester town centre, in broad daylight. The police did nothing to stop it... if they had tried it would have started a riot.

These were just two of the "acts" - there was a naked man riding a bycicle making provocative "humping" gestures, and there were plenty of people in all manner of clothing and undress engaged in foreplay and groping.

This is what I've seen in the UK. I don't have a video link to it, you'll just have to take my word.
                      Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

When I went to university, usually the 2nd or 3rd week after commencement, they'd set up the student center (basically a small mall) with kiosks for every club and society at the school you could join. My first year the "Out" club (gay & lesbian society) had a poster probably 8 feet high by 4 feet wide of a guy performing a certain act on another. It was graphic, and not subtle in the least. When people complained about it, the school took it down. There was no riot, but there were marches and demonstrations for a while, and we eared a reputation as being an "oppressive" school that year.

So I'm not doubting the stories' veracity. What I'm not feeling is a causal link between the state of California and the end times.

Comment

We are in the End Times, and have been ever since Christ rose from the dead, defeating the devil.

Basically, the old serpent has had his head crushed, but the news that he's dead hasn't filtered down to his body yet... what we're seeing now is his death throws, he's thrashing about in anger to take out as many as he can - while simultaneously the earth groans with the birth pains of the Kingdom coming in.

I don't know when the Kingdom will be fulfilled on this earth... but it will be, and it will come soon. Whenever soon is in God's plan.

My husband's grandmother prayed for him to be saved from the day he s born until the day she died, and it never happened. Then, fortynine years after her first prayer, it "happened swiftly." God did just as He had always purposed.

When the end comes, it will be tremendous, a great and terrible day, and we'll all rejoice in it. I personally hope, and live so far as I can, as though it will happen in my life time. It may not though... whatever happens, He is coming, and when He comes all things will be put right.
                          Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                            All that means is that there were live nude homosexual acts occuring. It DOESN'T mean we're smack in the middle of the end times. And since I have to "check again", lets both look WAAAAY back to Soddom, where the whole town showed up to gang rape Lot's male guests. Or research why Isreal had a civil war with the tribe of Benjamin in the book of Judges. Or more recently, look at the Roman empire... when at the height of its Imperial power, aristocrats were expected to attend the orgies of the ruling class or be put to death.

So... I'm sorry but looking at the state of California, "THE END IS NIGH" is not my first thought.
                            Ok thank you for that post...I have never seen a gay parade nor do I want too.

It all just reminds me of this verse:

Revelation 22
                            11 Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile; let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy.”

God bless

Comment

I think that it's important to note that this decision was made by carefully considering legal precedent with regards to the interpretation of California's state constitution, and not judicial activism. The ruling is available online — though I warn readers that it is a 172 page PDF document of terse legal discourse, certainly not for the faint-hearted!

Comment

Working...
                              X