sins committed intentionally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sins committed intentionally

Can intentionally committed sins be atoned for?
    analyze. synthesize. repeat.

*It is the next chapter of my life, whether I'm ready or not. My time here in these forums has come to its close. I bless you as I go!*

Originally posted by astrongerthanhe View Post
    Yes, intentional sins can be forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by astrongerthanhe View Post
      The formula is easy. God's mercy is always greater than our sin. So the answer is yes.

God is a forgiving God. Jessu died for us so that our sins can be forgiven. However, the consequences of sin cannot be avioded. All sin is the same in the eyes of God but it is the consequences that are different. Tos we must endure
      Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
        God is a forgiving God. Jessu died for us so that our sins can be forgiven. However, the consequences of sin cannot be avioded. All sin is the same in the eyes of God but it is the consequences that are different. Tos we must endure
        I like the way Amazzin put it, "consequences of sin cannot be avoided".

Count the cost of the sin that one would intentionally commit, not only to yourself, but to your family and your church!

As a good dad, we would set the punishment for breaking a house rule higher for a child if they intentionally broke it right? We would forgive them but there is always a cost.

Same as our court system. The cost of breaking a law increases rapidly when something is premeditated.

I think we can apply this simple things we do daily with others as examples of what God does with us.

Comment

The formula is easy. God's mercy is always greater than our sin. So the answer is yes.

We actually are in a sense avoiding the brunt of the consequence of sin through Christ's atonement sacrafice as all men essentially deserve death and hell. There is no real reason for us to be alive right now but for the grace of God found in Christ Jesus. No one is righteous save Christ, and all men fall short of being worthy of the recipient of his grace. That being said, there is indeed a disciplinary process that we go through in this life though(being that we are disciples of Christ) - as we come to the fullness of this grace and are conformed to the image of his son.

We at times struggle on this path as we grow closer to God, sometimes due to our own decisions, and sometimes due to things beyond our control. Despite it all, God is a savior of all men - and his grace is extended to all men as they are all sinners whom by only his grace, are able to receive the promise of eternal life and become saints.

Comment

Just like David. The fact that David sinned did not change the reality that he belonged to God. However, David still had to accept the consequences of his sin.
            "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Scripture says all manner of sin can be forgiven except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

So based on that, assuming your intentional sin isn't blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, then it can be forgiven.

Comment

Santa Claus

I tell my daughter there is a Santa Claus.

I am lying, make no mistake about it.

Not only that, but it is an intentional sin, and one I do not repent of, as my daughter still believes in Santa.

Now, if I die tomorrow, believing I am born again, was this intentional sin unforgiven. I didn't even repent of it.

This is one of the reasons why I make the case that Christians cannot sin.

Yuke

Comment

Originally posted by Yukerboy View Post
                  I tell my daughter there is a Santa Claus.

I am lying, make no mistake about it.

Not only that, but it is an intentional sin, and one I do not repent of, as my daughter still believes in Santa.

Now, if I die tomorrow, believing I am born again, was this intentional sin unforgiven. I didn't even repent of it.

This is one of the reasons why I make the case that Christians cannot sin.

Yuke
                  Oh my goodness! I must respectfully disagree.

As it says in scripture....Romans 3:23....For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Nowhere in scripture have I found it to say christians can't sin.

Comment

I don't think anyone disputes that Christians have sinned. All have sinned. No one disagrees there.

However....

1 John 3:9 "Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

Cannot here implies inability. The Christian is UNABLE to sin. Dare I say, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Christian to sin.

Comment

All sin can be forgiven.
                      Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:
                      http://www.youtube.com/thewoodsofjordan

Comment

All sin can be forgiven
                        And that was the crux of the question. This "Can a Christian sin" is a whole new subject and I do not want to see this thread hijacked.

Jordan, good post and except for blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, I agree with you.

phaeton426, if we wish to discuss whether a Christian can sin or not and I'm sure many others are ready to jump me about that statement, then let us start a new thread that does not take away from the subject of this one (and I'm not saying that just because you are from Michigan and probably a Red Wing fan ).

Yuke

Comment

intensional sin

If a sin is not intentional then, then the person is not really guilty.

Comment

The Christian has at his/her disposal the Bible, and numerous promises to the effect that God can 'cleanse us from all unrighteousness'. He has also given us His own Holy Spirit that through Him we may be sanctified and made holy. This being the case, if we do not take advantage of everything that God has provided that we may be partakers of the divine nature, then can any subsequent sin be classified as 'accidental'? Or with all the information available to us through His word, can we sin 'ignorantly'? Is there any sin that is not intentional?
                            Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and
                            rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Comment

Sin, unintentional or not, is sin.

When I told my daughter there is a Santa Claus, I didn't think it was really a sin.

Did I lie or not? And now that I know it is a "sin", it is now intentional and I have not repented. Is it forgiven?

If not, and I die tomorrow, no unforgiven sin can enter heaven and I have lost salvation.

Yuke

Comment

Working...
                              X