Obama, on sin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama, on sin

From an interview in 2004: (the whole article is here)

GG:
    Do you believe in sin?

OBAMA:

Yes.

GG:
    What is sin?

OBAMA:

Being out of alignment with my values.
    His values define what sin is?

Not being out of alignment with GOD's values?

Oh hang on... I forgot... Obama's probably the Messiah... right? Of course he knows what God thinks! Silly me...
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Oh, wow... thanks for this Fenris. Very interesting article...

Do you see how he tries to bring in a feel good connection to every religion under the sun? And says there are "many paths" to a "higher power"?

Himself and Oprah Winfrey are channeling the same mumbo jumbo from the look of it!

Here's my favourite quote so far. Proves that Obama is God!

When asked if he prays...

"I think I have an ongoing conversation with God. I think throughout the day, I’m constantly asking myself questions about what I’m doing, why am I doing it. "
      Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Can you say 'one world religion'?

I guess this eliminates the problem of One True God, and it certainly takes care of that pesky Jesus problem.

And Iím not somebody who is always comfortable with language that implies Iíve got a monopoly on the truth,
        And of course that bothersome sin question
        Iím a big believer in tolerance
        And well....learning. Being the masses we are probably to stupid to learn or have much understanding in the first place
        I think that religion at itís best comes with a big dose of doubt. Iím suspicious of too much certainty in the pursuit of understanding just because I think people are limited in their understanding.
        And can't we just all get along, (you knew that was coming)
        I think that, particularly as somebody whoís now in the public realm and is a student of what brings people together and what drives them apart, thereís an enormous amount of damage done around the world in the name of religion and certainty.
        I'm just at a loss here
        Itsí not formal, me getting on my knees. I think I have an ongoing conversation with God. I think throughout the day, Iím constantly asking myself questions about what Iím doing, why am I doing it.

Iím measuring my actions against that inner voice that for me at least is audible, is active, it tells me where I think Iím on track and where I think Iím off track.
        I relinked this for copy write purposes
        falsani.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

The arrogance to claim that sin is something that is out of step with HIS values.

I don't see how any religious person of any faith can vote for him.

Comment

Thank you Fenris, I'll be sending the link around. I always feel that what flows out of the mouth of a man is a solid indicator of the location of his heart.

Comment

Obama is running for President, not Calvinist Theologian. The President, or any public servant for that matter, serves not only Christians, but Jews, Hindus, Muslims, and all other citizens.

It should also be pointed out that Bush has made plenty of statements resembling or even identical to Obama's concerning religion, but I didn't see the Theologically Orthodox Police jump all over him because of it.
              If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. - John 8:36

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Templar View Post
                Obama is running for President, not Calvinist Theologian. The President, or any public servant for that matter, serves not only Christians, but Jews, Hindus, Muslims, and all other citizens.
                Ahem. I started this thread, and I am a Jew. I find his statement very disturbing. It displays an arrogance that he considers his personal values to be the definition of right and wrong. It is not an attractive quality in someone aspiring to be the leader of the free world. Just watch- he says he'll bring people together and rule by consensus. But a man who makes statements like that is going to be a 'my way or the highway' type of leader...

You heard it here first, folks...

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                  Ahem. I started this thread, and I am a Jew. I find his statement very disturbing. It displays an arrogance that he considers his personal values to be the definition of right and wrong. It is not an attractive quality in someone aspiring to be the leader of the free world. Just watch- he says he'll bring people together and rule by consensus. But a man who makes statements like that is going to be a 'my way or the highway' type of leader...
                  I may be wrong, but I think you find his statements disturbing not because of the statements themselves, but because of who made them. If Bush or McCain made them, and a Democrat criticized them, I'd wager you'd be singing a different tune.

Also, it's rather comical for a Bush supporter to complain about someone else being a "my way or the highway" type leader.
                  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. - John 8:36

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think you find his statements disturbing not because of the statements themselves, but because of who made them. If Bush or McCain made them, and a Democrat criticized them, I'd wager you'd be singing a different tune.
                    So you're a mindreader now too?
                    Also, it's rather comical for a Bush supporter to complain about someone else being a "my way or the highway" type leader.
                    Really?

Bush has worked with party leaders from both sides of the aisle and has used the veto very sparingly. Maybe even too sparingly. He asked for and got senate votes before he engaged in any major activity, including the Iraq war.

Cognitive Dissonance, anyone?

Comment

It should also be pointed out that Bush has made plenty of statements resembling or even identical to Obama's concerning religion, but I didn't see the Theologically Orthodox Police jump all over him because of it.
                      Er... really? You've never seen anybody go after the President, before and after he was elected, for his statements on religion?

Possibly you missed the primaries of 2000, where religion and all possible interpretations of all possible statements were parsed a million times? Or the zillion times after that he's mentioned Islam, which can be found on this board with just a search?

Here; take a look. You'll find the same people saying the same things about President Bush.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...ht=bush+muslim

Most of those are from the Election 2004 forums... 2004, mind you.

So, yes, if Bush or McCain said something like that... would we sing a different tune? I certainly don't. Words like that bother me. (if you search hard enough through the links I posted, I believe I say as much).
                      One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                        So you're a mindreader now too?
                        Really?

Bush has worked with party leaders from both sides of the aisle and has used the veto very sparingly. Maybe even too sparingly. He asked for and got senate votes before he engaged in any major activity, including the Iraq war.

Cognitive Dissonance, anyone?
                        Classic Neutralization strategy for one suffering from CD, "every one else is doing it why can't I."

Comment

Fenris, thank you for helping to expose this man's views and values.
                          The media certainly won't. So, we must rely on other means.

As Christians it behooves us to dig deeper. God said His people perish from the lack of knowledge/understanding.

That Obama derives truth from his own values should speak loud and clear as to what we face should this man be elected.

I'm sending this link around too. God spare this country from this man.

Comment

Ah so true. And yet we find this but one more reason to dislike the man. In spite of so many misguided sheep in America, I'm waiting on Christ to return - not obama to appear.

Comment

Well i'm beginning to wonder if the appearance of Obama as president will herald the return of our long awaited Messiah.
                              At any rate, i'm really not thrilled with Obama as President due to precisely these kind of things.

I have to say i wonder if Obama got any funding from Ahmadinejhad.... I can just see the two striking up a nice chat.

Shalom,
                              Tanja
                              Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.
                              2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
                              If it's not done out of unselfish love, then it's hardly righteous.
                              http://disciple2yeshua.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X