Can we Bless GOD???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Can we Bless GOD???

I have heard saying's such as "Blessed be the name of the Lord" in a song and have heard folks say "we bless your Holy name".

Can we bless GOD? do we have that capacity?

If you you guys and gals can shed some light on that, because to be perfectly honest it sounds awesome. Please share scripture if you know of any and your opinion , and if so, Let's bless GOD together!
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

See Psalms 1 - 150.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
      See Psalms 1 - 150.

Good morning Rabbiknife, Praise and Bless are two different aspects. Unless I'm looking at the wrong verse.
      If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
        I have heard saying's such as "Blessed be the name of the Lord" in a song and have heard folks say "we bless your Holy name".

Can we bless GOD? do we have that capacity?

If you you guys and gals can shed some light on that, because to be perfectly honest it sounds awesome. Please share scripture if you know of any and your opinion , and if so, Let's bless GOD together!
        We are His portion and inheritance (Eph 1:17-19), so, in that sense, yes we can bless the Lord. Also note:

Ps 116:12-15 "What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."

He is seeking a Bride without spot or blemish! Yield to His grace to bring you forth. This is the greatest act of service and devotion we as believers could ever achieve.

Z.
        "Unto you therefore which believe, He is precious" (1 Peter 2:7)

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
          Good morning Rabbiknife, Praise and Bless are two different aspects. Unless I'm looking at the wrong verse.
          See Psalm 103

Lots of Psalms talk of blessing God.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAB View Post
            We are His portion and inheritance (Eph 1:17-19), so, in that sense, yes we can bless the Lord. Also note:

Ps 116:12-15 "What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."

He is seeking a Bride without spot or blemish! Yield to His grace to bring you forth. This is the greatest act of service and devotion we as believers could ever achieve.

Z.

Moving, Thank you for that scripture.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

By giving glory and honour to G_d, you bless Him, be that in singing praises or worship....
              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              there are better things ahead.
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
                See Psalm 103

Lots of Psalms talk of blessing God.
                Psalms 103:1-2,20-21-22

Thanks you.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.) And he blessed him and said, "Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!"
                  To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                    And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.) And he blessed him and said, "Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!"

That is an awesome example, thank you. What scripture is that by the way.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

That is Genesis 14.18-20.
                      To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                        That is Genesis 14.18-20.
                        Thanks Mark. ....

Andrew_no_one

Comment

I'm curious, what does it mean to be blessed as it's used in Hebrews 7:6?

Comment

Welcome to the board!!
                            Originally posted by EhudsSecretMessage View Post
                            I'm curious, what does it mean to be blessed as it's used in Hebrews 7:6?
                            Heb 7:6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

This blessing has to do with the receiving of tithes......
                            and also indicating that he, Abraham, recognized that Melchizedek served the same G_d as him.
                            The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                            God plants in our hearts
                            to remind us
                            there are better things ahead.
                            -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by Ta-An View Post
                              Welcome to the board!!
                              Thank you!

What I am actually asking for is the definition of this type of blessing. It seems to me that type of blessing could be different than the "bless" mentioned in Psalms, which means "gratefully praise". I believe the blessing mentioned in Heb 7:6 is of the same nature as the blessing Isaac gave Jacob in Gen 27:23 - "He could not identify him, because his hands were hairy like his brother Esau's hands; so he blessed him."

Comment

Working...
                              X