Shortened days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Shortened days

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
    I have a theory on this, but am afraid I am WAY out on a limb. So before I post what I'm thinking, I want your thoughts.

What does Christ mean that those days shall be shortened?

Also, as a sidenote, in the limited time I have been on this board, I am so appreciative of all views as the majority of you are helping me not only hammer out exactly what I believe, but also delve deeper into the Word of God than I have ever done before. By doing so, I have been seeing things in the Bible that I have never even noticed before like the above and for that I thank you all.

Bill

Don't everyone jump in at once. Take your turn, give others a chance to post....

Comment

By saying the days be shortened he doesn't mean a 24 hour day will be shortened to a 22 hour day. He means that instead of say 120 days it will be 100.

Those numbers are just to for understanding and not meant to be specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukerboy View Post
        I have a theory on this, but am afraid I am WAY out on a limb. So before I post what I'm thinking, I want your thoughts.

Also, as a sidenote, in the limited time I have been on this board, I am so appreciative of all views as the majority of you are helping me not only hammer out exactly what I believe, but also delve deeper into the Word of God than I have ever done before. By doing so, I have been seeing things in the Bible that I have never even noticed before like the above and for that I thank you all.

Bill
        Greetings Bill,

Had you ever considered that perhaps the days shortened are the days of evil reign, or tyranny? If God allowed evil its full reign without end, then no flesh could be saved, because man would utterly destroy the whole world. So for the sake of His elect people, that is for their salvation, God permits evil, and evil men to work their evil purpose for only so long, then they are no more. The evil they do works for good to those who love the Lord, to them who are the called according to His purpose. I don't know this is the answer, but something to consider perhaps?

Pr 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Many Blessings,
        RW

Comment

I'm starting this thread again in the end times chat. I posted in here when it should be there.

My bad.

Yuke

Comment

My interpretation of that verse is a bit more simpler.

Rather than some supernatural event, Jesus is merely saying that if Satan were to have free reign for enough time, man would wipe himself out. So, instead of giving Satan enough time, Jesus is going to return before that happens.

I think this is a case of the simplest explanation being the correct one.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukerboy View Post
              I have a theory on this,
              Hi Bill. I've discovered when it comes to anything Jesus said, especially in Matthew for some reason, I have to look at it always in light of what He has just said.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
              Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mar 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
              Mar 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
              Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
              C. S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
              X