Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End Times Preperation 101

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • End Times Preperation 101

    I know this has been done before, but really how can we prepare for the end times? I can see that the vast majority of the board is looking for the signs and we are getting them. What can we do? Have you taken any precautions?

    Stock up on food? Move elsewhere?
    sigpic

  • #2
    Follow Christs 2 commandments.

    That is the best preperation you could have for God knows what you have need of more than you do.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by phaeton426 View Post
      Follow Christs 2 commandments.

      That is the best preperation you could have for God knows what you have need of more than you do.

      What about keeping watch?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Joe King View Post
        I know this has been done before, but really how can we prepare for the end times? I can see that the vast majority of the board is looking for the signs and we are getting them. What can we do? Have you taken any precautions? Stock up on food? Move elsewhere?
        Hi, Joe King! I've considered this question a lot, as I see the signs increasing for Christ's return. I have a few thoughts to share. First, while we are not to worry about anything, but pray about everything, I think that God would also not have us be neglectful of preparation. We live in a world where an earthquake or a flood or a tornado or a hurricane or a terrorist could strike, and I believe we should make preparations for just such emergencies. Like the Boy Scout motto, "Always be prepared." That doesn't mean I think we should horde food or become hermits in the mountains, just that we should take wise precautions--keep emergency kits with things we could use in case we're in some trouble.

        Secondly, I believe that God moves us where He wants us to be when we are willing to follow His lead. Every day I pray that God will protect my family from harm, put His angels around us and His hand upon us, and to give us wisdom to hear His voice telling us where to go in present and in future. We currently are asking Him for wisdom as to whether we should stay in the home we love that has an incredible vegetable garden for good food if there is a worsening of the food crisis (as we suspect there will be), or if we should move to a place that is closer to work because of the gasoline crisis. I believe that God grants answers and wisdom to those who ask Him.

        Thirdly, I know that there will be persecutions of believers in Jesus that will be terrible in the days to come, according to Jesus' words in Mark 13:9-13. Personally, I feel that all of us should tighten our bonds with our brothers and sisters in Christ, because all of us are going to need each other's support and encouragement in the terrible days to come. We can certainly be a comfort to each other, and we can encourage each other to be strong in our stand for the Lord even when we face possible death for Him. Perhaps too, those of us who have not yet faced physical persecution in our particular countries, should listen carefully to those who have faced constant persecution in their particular countries, and learn from their advice and examples--perhaps they can teach us some things about how to prepare.

        Obviously, the most important thing we need to do is pray, pray, and pray some more. As we draw close to God in prayer, I believe He will supply us with wisdom to understand what He wants us to do, where He wants us to go, what He wants us to say. I believe He will give us courage to face what is coming and to stand for Him. And I believe He will make incredible miracles happen for us.

        Lastly, one thing I am doing to prepare is in regards to my family members who are not yet saved--those I am hoping will make a decision to serve Jesus before it is too late. I have prepared a resource center in my home, for those of my family and friends (or even someone I don't know) to look at if one day I suddenly disappear into thin air because of the Rapture. In this resource center, I've kept a journal of things I'd like to tell them, some notebooks in which I've kept news articles relating to Bible prophecy, several Bibles, lots of books about Bible prophecy and what to expect in the world of the Tribulation period, books that provide evidence of God's reality (including those regarding the creation/evolution debate), and a timeline I created using the Scriptures of prophecy that I placed in an Excel file (this things is huge!) to show what I understand the Bible indicates will happen. I am praying every day that God will use this to help bring my loved ones to Him that don't know Him yet. That doesn't mean I'm not also witnessing in other ways to them during the time I am here, but it feels good to have something I can leave here for them that may just make a lasting impression on them during scary times.

        Comment


        • #5
          If your hope is heaven then you are prepared. What can anyone do to you? You already know you are going to die, how have you prepared for that? How you die makes little difference, that you will live is what counts. So forget about what may lie ahead in this world and live for the Lord! Which is what we are expected to do come what may.
          Robin

          Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
          And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
          Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
          Those who compromise with Christís enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe we as Christians DO need to prepare at every level, every aspects of our lives from food at home to politics in the holy land. That is why I am part of a group whose sole purpose is to prepare for the endtimes. What kinds of things: strategy, communications, etc.

            If you would like more information send me a private message.

            thanks
            Samir

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm all for trusting and obeying God but by reading the scriptures, I feel as if he is telling us to prepare! Are you going to wait for the anti-Christ's troops to herd you up like cattle and then you will pray and just wait to be delivered?? I don't plan on that.

              I also feel that if I prepare now, I will be able to help more people when things go down. Isn't that what we are supposed to do???

              Do you need more signs before you really believe the end times are here??
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wombat View Post
                Hi, Joe King! I've considered this question a lot, as I see the signs increasing for Christ's return. I have a few thoughts to share. First, while we are not to worry about anything, but pray about everything, I think that God would also not have us be neglectful of preparation. We live in a world where an earthquake or a flood or a tornado or a hurricane or a terrorist could strike, and I believe we should make preparations for just such emergencies. Like the Boy Scout motto, "Always be prepared." That doesn't mean I think we should horde food or become hermits in the mountains, just that we should take wise precautions--keep emergency kits with things we could use in case we're in some trouble.

                Secondly, I believe that God moves us where He wants us to be when we are willing to follow His lead. Every day I pray that God will protect my family from harm, put His angels around us and His hand upon us, and to give us wisdom to hear His voice telling us where to go in present and in future. We currently are asking Him for wisdom as to whether we should stay in the home we love that has an incredible vegetable garden for good food if there is a worsening of the food crisis (as we suspect there will be), or if we should move to a place that is closer to work because of the gasoline crisis. I believe that God grants answers and wisdom to those who ask Him.

                Thirdly, I know that there will be persecutions of believers in Jesus that will be terrible in the days to come, according to Jesus' words in Mark 13:9-13. Personally, I feel that all of us should tighten our bonds with our brothers and sisters in Christ, because all of us are going to need each other's support and encouragement in the terrible days to come. We can certainly be a comfort to each other, and we can encourage each other to be strong in our stand for the Lord even when we face possible death for Him. Perhaps too, those of us who have not yet faced physical persecution in our particular countries, should listen carefully to those who have faced constant persecution in their particular countries, and learn from their advice and examples--perhaps they can teach us some things about how to prepare.

                Obviously, the most important thing we need to do is pray, pray, and pray some more. As we draw close to God in prayer, I believe He will supply us with wisdom to understand what He wants us to do, where He wants us to go, what He wants us to say. I believe He will give us courage to face what is coming and to stand for Him. And I believe He will make incredible miracles happen for us.

                Lastly, one thing I am doing to prepare is in regards to my family members who are not yet saved--those I am hoping will make a decision to serve Jesus before it is too late. I have prepared a resource center in my home, for those of my family and friends (or even someone I don't know) to look at if one day I suddenly disappear into thin air because of the Rapture. In this resource center, I've kept a journal of things I'd like to tell them, some notebooks in which I've kept news articles relating to Bible prophecy, several Bibles, lots of books about Bible prophecy and what to expect in the world of the Tribulation period, books that provide evidence of God's reality (including those regarding the creation/evolution debate), and a timeline I created using the Scriptures of prophecy that I placed in an Excel file (this things is huge!) to show what I understand the Bible indicates will happen. I am praying every day that God will use this to help bring my loved ones to Him that don't know Him yet. That doesn't mean I'm not also witnessing in other ways to them during the time I am here, but it feels good to have something I can leave here for them that may just make a lasting impression on them during scary times.

                You know what's crazy wombat? I feel like I'm drawn to move to Jerusalem.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Actions speak louder than words.

                  Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                  I know this has been done before, but really how can we prepare for the end times? I can see that the vast majority of the board is looking for the signs and we are getting them. What can we do? Have you taken any precautions?

                  Stock up on food? Move elsewhere?



                  Hi Joe, we moved from the city to the country some 12 years ago 380 metres above sea level and 750 miles away and built a house that uses a wood cooking stove that also heats our hot water service and we also use wood to heat the house.

                  It’s only a small farm of 81 acres and there are springs that provide 3’500 000 gallons of water per year.
                  We built a ram pump that works from the springs by water flow power which now completed, will pump water up 65 FT to a 5000 gallon above ground concrete tank providing water to a glasshouse that is built around a stone wall which radiates warmth on cold nights.

                  The dams have mountain trout for a protein food source.
                  The water system to the farmhouse is a gravity system.

                  We use rainwater with an underground concrete water tank of 10’500 gallons but we can fall back on the spring water system if needed.
                  When we first arrived we planted Hazel, Walnut and many types of fruit trees for them to mature.

                  The soil is good and we are waiting for our three sons to come here from the city when Daniel 8 kicks in and that is only a short time away.

                  I have sent CD’s from Charles Wheeling IBE books of Alabama to a few people over the years along with my own studies to all my family and not only my sons but to my three brothers also which they make copies and give to other friends and so it goes.

                  My family are watching and are working for funds to make sure that our local government taxes are prepaid so we can be debt free and self sufficient so that we won’t be in an awkward position when God’s people can’t buy or sell.

                  Joe, we knew about the energy crisis over twenty years ago and also that earthquakes were coming and that is why were moved up here away from the coast.
                  We understood that water would not be so abundant in the future and made preparations for that event by seeking reliable water supplies and a fertile basalt soil.

                  A few laughed when we said we were moving and the reasons for doing so.
                  It was hard work building a house to on those snowy days.
                  Everyday we prayed for strength to keep going and the 27000 brick pile gradually got smaller.
                  It was hard living in a caravan for two years it got so cold at times.

                  I came back early to the finished farmhouse one afternoon and found my wife crying pitifully missing our sons.
                  It weighs heavily on her dear sweet heart but when I said we will move back my three sons said no dad we are coming down soon. You know Joe, sometimes we almost gave up. My wife decided that we had to see this through, the choice was hers to make freely and without any pressure from me.

                  It is not easy taking that first big step in faith but studying prophecy for over 30 years and seeing the pages of Daniel slowly turning is very sobering indeed and so we will be making that phone call soon to our family telling them to come.

                  It does not take a lot of money to set it up and we do not have much of that stuff, but we are blessed with the gift of faith and act on it.

                  We have responded through our understanding of prophecy, and utilize our God given intelligence to carry out what is necessary for others we dearly love and for the times in which we all live.

                  I don’t care for myself Joe, but I love my wonderful wife and my dear sons and 3 brothers very much and just want to do all I can with God’s good help for them.

                  He has blessed us richly and we want to be of help to those whom we love so very much.
                  To sit back and do nothing was not an option as far as we were concerned.
                  It would have been a travesty, a monumental disregard of our understanding of scripture, which we do not take lightly.
                  Noah worked whilst others drifted around not realizing the perilous times in which they were heading.

                  Your brother in Jesus PC.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi Prophecy Countdown,

                    I respect what you doing , and here in South Africa we have ample opportunity to do the same , with the cheap outlying farmlands.

                    Maybe I will do the same closer to the time, but my personal belief is that the real persecution will only last for 3.5 years. I dont mind dying if my family only has to last a year or two before we are re-united at the resurrection, or maybe die with me. The major importance is if their souls are kept safe during this time ,most of the biblical warnings are about this spiritual preparation (parable of the virgins).

                    I am a believer in additional revelation outside the bible , the gift of prophecy is still around. In this regard I have heard a number of prophecies saying that Southern Africa will be a relatively safe haven at the end , with more chance of survival , and many Christians from around the world will come here for refuge at the end. Will wait and see.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      By following Christs 2 commandments you ARE keeping watch.

                      If you do those two things God will lead you to do all the right things at the right times, and to the right places.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                        You know what's crazy wombat? I feel like I'm drawn to move to Jerusalem.
                        Wow, Joe King! While that may seem like the least safest place to move that anyone could possibly choose, perhaps there is a reason that God is placing this on your heart. Pray deeply about this. God will grant you an answer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Prophecy Countdown View Post
                          we moved from the city to the country some 12 years ago 380 metres above sea level and 750 miles away and built a house that uses a wood cooking stove that also heats our hot water service and we also use wood to heat the house.The dams have mountain trout for a protein food source.
                          The water system to the farmhouse is a gravity system. When we first arrived we planted Hazel, Walnut and many types of fruit trees for them to mature. The soil is good and we are waiting for our three sons to come here from the city when Daniel 8 kicks in and that is only a short time away. Noah worked whilst others drifted around not realizing the perilous times in which they were heading.
                          I applaud you, Prophecy Countdown! What faith you've shown in believing God's prophetic word and working to provide for your family in the dangerous times to come! May He protect all of you and supply you with all your needs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DurbanDude View Post
                            Hi Prophecy Countdown,

                            I respect what you doing , and here in South Africa we have ample opportunity to do the same , with the cheap outlying farmlands.

                            Maybe I will do the same closer to the time, but my personal belief is that the real persecution will only last for 3.5 years. I dont mind dying if my family only has to last a year or two before we are re-united at the resurrection, or maybe die with me. The major importance is if their souls are kept safe during this time ,most of the biblical warnings are about this spiritual preparation (parable of the virgins).

                            I am a believer in additional revelation outside the bible , the gift of prophecy is still around. In this regard I have heard a number of prophecies saying that Southern Africa will be a relatively safe haven at the end , with more chance of survival , and many Christians from around the world will come here for refuge at the end. Will wait and see.

                            Hi Durban, I agree that the last period of three and a part years being Daniel 12: 12. 1335 days will be the tribulation period in the second half of the 2300 evening morning period of Daniel 8: 14 which is six and a part years.
                            But I do believe that the rough goat will attack the ram before this President leaves office and many don’t realize how close this is to the start of the 2300 ereb/evening boqer/morning period countdown.
                            We can never prepare early enough spiritually and with that in mind foremost move on in faith with actions to support our physical well-being.

                            There is one concern that I have Durban and that is if a person lives in the city and he can’t buy or sell unless he accepts the mark of the beast they will turn his water off and his electricity, so that his house will become a nightmare.
                            This is just the start of things to come but people are relaxed about it, but for my family, I can’t be.
                            Dear Durban, you seem able to move quickly. The US President will attack the higher horn on the ram.
                            I could go into detail but I have done that before describing Daniel.

                            One other thing, death is oblivion, however it’s the road to death that concerns me we are weak so we need to take ourselves out of harms way because I do not want to let my Lord down in betrayal and I don’t want evil people near my family because that is my weak point.
                            I hope you can understand where I’m coming from Durban.
                            Also if you check the first pouring of the early rain in Joel 2: 23 which was given to Zion and only ‘moderately.’

                            Joel 2: 28, speaks of the latter rain which will be given abundantly to all flesh so yes we will witness for the Lord when the counterfeit turns up.

                            Your servant in Jesus, PC.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wombat View Post
                              I applaud you, Prophecy Countdown! What faith you've shown in believing God's prophetic word and working to provide for your family in the dangerous times to come! May He protect all of you and supply you with all your needs.
                              Hello Wombat, thank you for your kind words and may our dear Lord protect you and bless all those dearest to you during these times and at the wedding supper.
                              It is so refreshing to meet a like-minded person as your good self in these times of confusion where we should have our minds fixed clearly on prophetic events that will soon transpire in rapid succession.
                              Dear Wombat, you have given me a real lift for the day and regenerated my enthusiasm.


                              We owe our dear Lord so much and it is He that must take all the credit for what he enables us to do on His behalf.

                              Now I have to finish a brick composting unit tomorrow and then get into making a vermin proof chicken coup.



                              I must admit I canít wait to get that ram pump cracking away itís based on a real old idea but these pumps have been known to work for over fifty years and are cheap to make.



                              Well, I must hit the sack and get some rest.
                              Nice hearing from you Wombat, I am your servant in Jesus, PC

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X