After the Millenium???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: After the Millenium???

According to the scriptures, the time for the dead to be judged is after the millenium is complete;

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

What happens after judgment is passed?

Thanks in advance.

Firstfruits

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has imagined what God has in store for those that love him.

It is not known what we will be, but when he appears we shall be like him for we shall see him as he is.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
      Hello, Firstfruits! After the judgment is passed, anyone whose name was not found in the Book of Life is thrown into the lake of fire for eternity (verse 15) and those who are God's righteous people will spend their eternity in the new heaven, new earth, and New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:1-2). There will be no more death (20:14), for there will be no more curse (22:3). We will live forever with God.

Many of my Christian friends believe that, when we enter this new heaven and new earth, we will have opportunities to be explorers of all that God has created, we will have opportunities for learning and growing in areas that God has developed our talents and interests in, that we will have some kind of purposeful roles to play according to skills that we will develop for work, we will invent and create just as we are made in God's image to be inventors and artists and creators. This is speculation, as far as I can tell, but my opinion is that they are right. I'm looking forward to this new heaven and new earth and all that God has in store for us.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
        No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has imagined what God has in store for those that love him.

It is not known what we will be, but when he appears we shall be like him for we shall see him as he is.
        Thanks jeffweeder,

You have not actually said what happens after judgment has passed, although I understand what you have said.

So what according to scripture when the millenium has ended and judgment has passed what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
          Hello, Firstfruits! After the judgment is passed, anyone whose name was not found in the Book of Life is thrown into the lake of fire for eternity (verse 15) and those who are God's righteous people will spend their eternity in the new heaven, new earth, and New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:1-2). There will be no more death (20:14), for there will be no more curse (22:3). We will live forever with God.

Many of my Christian friends believe that, when we enter this new heaven and new earth, we will have opportunities to be explorers of all that God has created, we will have opportunities for learning and growing in areas that God has developed our talents and interests in, that we will have some kind of purposeful roles to play according to skills that we will develop for work, we will invent and create just as we are made in God's image to be inventors and artists and creators. This is speculation, as far as I can tell, but my opinion is that they are right. I'm looking forward to this new heaven and new earth and all that God has in store for us.
          Thank you Wombat,

When the millenium is complete, and the judgment is finished, other than what you have said in the first section is there anything else we should expect according to scripture?

Comment

When the millenium is complete, and the judgment is finished, other than what you have said in the first section is there anything else we should expect according to scripture?
            Hi again, Firstfruits! Here are some things I've discovered in Scripture that relate to that time period.

Isaiah 65:17 says, "Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth--so wonderful that no one wll even think about the old ones anymore."

II Peter 3:12-13 says "You should look forward to that day and hurry it along--the day when God will set the heavens on fire and the elements will melt away in the flames. But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth He has promised, a world where everyone is right with God."

Isaiah 66:22 says the new heavens and earth will be forever!

Revelation 21:2 to 22:5 speaks about the beauty of the New Jerusalem, which will be our capitol city in this new heaven and new earth. I believe that this is what Jesus referred to when He said He was going to prepare a place for us. I believe He is building our homes there, one for each believer that has lived through the ages. Should be plenty big enough as a 1400-mile cube!

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
              Hi again, Firstfruits! Here are some things I've discovered in Scripture that relate to that time period.

Isaiah 65:17 says, "Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth--so wonderful that no one wll even think about the old ones anymore."

II Peter 3:12-13 says "You should look forward to that day and hurry it along--the day when God will set the heavens on fire and the elements will melt away in the flames. But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth He has promised, a world where everyone is right with God."

Isaiah 66:22 says the new heavens and earth will be forever!

Revelation 21:2 to 22:5 speaks about the beauty of the New Jerusalem, which will be our capitol city in this new heaven and new earth. I believe that this is what Jesus referred to when He said He was going to prepare a place for us. I believe He is building our homes there, one for each believer that has lived through the ages. Should be plenty big enough as a 1400-mile cube!
              Hi Wombat,

Thank you for the information you have given, and for your imput, it has been very helpful.

God bless!!

Firstfruits

Comment

Hi Jeffweeder,

I understand what you mean about not knowing what we shall be before Jesus comes, but what I am asking is what according to scripture do you believe happens after Christ has come and the millenium and judgment has passed?

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Firstfruits

Comment

Hi Jeffweeder,

I understand what you mean about not knowing what we shall be before Jesus comes, but what I am asking is what according to scripture do you believe happens after Christ has come and the millenium and judgment has passed?

Firstfruits
                  You know, scripture just doesn't have a whole lot to say about how things will be exactly at that point. I'm certain we will be on our knees worshiping God. I think God will have things for us to do. I would imagine we will fellowship with each other and the angels. Since it's eternity I suppose there would be opportunities to just play around with our new abilities in our new immortal incorruptible bodies. Like maybe fly to different galaxies and explore. Seems silly, but since scripture doesn't really talk much about it, we can only speculate. It will be better than anything we can imagine, which is probably why it isn't talked about much because even if it was, we wouldn't understand it or be able to fathom it at this point, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by John146 View Post
                    You know, scripture just doesn't have a whole lot to say about how things will be exactly at that point. I'm certain we will be on our knees worshiping God. I think God will have things for us to do. I would imagine we will fellowship with each other and the angels. Since it's eternity I suppose there would be opportunities to just play around with our new abilities in our new immortal incorruptible bodies. Like maybe fly to different galaxies and explore. Seems silly, but since scripture doesn't really talk much about it, we can only speculate. It will be better than anything we can imagine, which is probably why it isn't talked about much because even if it was, we wouldn't understand it or be able to fathom it at this point, anyway.
                    Thanks John146,

At judgment it is written that the heaven and earth have fled away; Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Does that mean that the earthquake in the following scripture takes place before the heaven and earth have fled/passed away? Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, And there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: And there were lightnings, And voices, And thunderings, And an earthquake, And great hail.

Are these scriptures at the time of judgment?

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; And every mountain And islAnd were moved out of their places.

Rev 16:20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Comment

Hi Jeffweeder,

My answer is the same , because i believe (at the moment) , that when Christ comes he will judge everyone accordingly....and his reward is with him....which in my opion, is your name in the book of life....which is opened GWT day.
                      He is patient with the world now, right now, as the gospel goes to the remote parts of the earth, and then the end will come, when he comes to seperate the sheep from the goats.
                      John goes no further, than to suggest that when Christ appears, we shall be like him.
                      What we will be hereafter has not been imagined by man..............imagine away brothers and sisters, get it as good as you can, because God is going to surpass it....

Comment

My answer is the same , because i believe (at the moment) , that when Christ comes he will judge everyone accordingly....and his reward is with him....which in my opion, is your name in the book of life....which is opened GWT day.
                        He is patient with the world now, right now, as the gospel goes to the remote parts of the earth, and then the end will come, when he comes to seperate the sheep from the goats.
                        John goes no further, than to suggest that when Christ appears, we shall be like him.
                        What we will be hereafter has not been imagined by man..............imagine away brothers and sisters, get it as good as you can, because God is going to surpass it....
                        Thank you Jeffweeder,

With regards to separating the sheep from the goats, does that mean that after judgment there will only be either heaven of the lake of fire?

Mt 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Comment

With regards to separating the sheep from the goats, does that mean that after judgment there will only be either heaven of the lake of fire?
                          Looks that way to me.
                          If everyone is judged ,what would be the point of an extra 1000 years on this earth?

Jesus said that he would come again and recieve us-so that we could go to the fathers house-to one of those mansions he has prepared for us.

Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
                          12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
                          13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,

Comment

After the MK

And the judgement is over begins the eighth day and eternity

Comment

Looks that way to me.
                              If everyone is judged ,what would be the point of an extra 1000 years on this earth?

Jesus said that he would come again and recieve us-so that we could go to the fathers house-to one of those mansions he has prepared for us.
                              Thanks Jeffweeder,

If there was another 1000 years after judgment had passed, would that mean that there were two milleniums? which is not mentioned, to my knowledge.

Only one millenium, which ends before judgment.

God bless!!

Firstfruits

Comment

Working...
                              X