Can Anyone Show Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Show Me

what, if any, Scriptures declare that a born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ can be under the control of a demon? Can anyone give me one example where a born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ had a demon cast out of them?

Why do so many believe that both light and darkness can occupy the same space? Can someone who believes such a thing illustrate for me in the Scriptures where it proclaims that the Holy Spirit will fill and dwell in someone while this person has a demonic spirit also indwelling them?

I honestly do not know where in the world this sort of teaching came from.
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

AMEN my Brother. You are correct.

Comment

I agree, light and dark can not be in the same.
      I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
      Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

I agree with you too. Where did you see someone saying that this can happen?

Comment

Originally posted by VerticalReality View Post
          what, if any, Scriptures declare that a born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ can be under the control of a demon? Can anyone give me one example where a born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ had a demon cast out of them?

Why do so many believe that both light and darkness can occupy the same space? Can someone who believes such a thing illustrate for me in the Scriptures where it proclaims that the Holy Spirit will fill and dwell in someone while this person has a demonic spirit also indwelling them?

it is absolutely no where in scripture Cory.

Comment

Who's saying a believer can be possessed?

Comment

Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post
              I agree with you too. Where did you see someone saying that this can happen?
              Todd Bentley apparently had one, and just about every charismatic VR and i run into believe this. they also believe that you are not totally free after salvation, that you have to renounce every thing your great great great great great great grandfather did. it absolutely unbelievable how many christians we run into that believe this. with no scripture to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by cross crusader View Post
                Todd Bentley apparently had one, and just about every charismatic VR and i run into believe this. they also believe that you are not totally free after salvation, that you have to renounce every thing your great great great great great great grandfather did. it absolutely unbelievable how many Christians we run into that believe this. with no scripture to back it up.
                I don't have a clue who Todd Bentley is, but I don't have issues with being ignorant.

I've never heard anyone preach this kind of stuff before, but it is something I'll keep my eyes/ears open for as I am trying out some new churches in my area. I'll also keep my ears open for people I know being sucked into this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post
                  Where did you see someone saying that this can happen?
                  As cross crusader stated above, we have encountered many professing Christians in our area who are being taught that born again believers can have demons in control of them. I've seen and heard one preacher of a full gospel church in particular close to our area in several of his services where he has adamantly preached this doctrine that Christians can be possessed and that he has cast demons out of Christians. I have also encountered several on this forum in the past who believe that Christians can be possessed the same as the legion of demons that occupied the man until Jesus sent them into the herd of swine. However, what I have yet to see is any of these folks actually back their claims with the Word of God. Not one source can they reference that indicates anything close to what they are proclaiming.
                  "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

I agree. It is not biblical.

But this teaching and ministry has been around I know since the 1970s. In fact I was a member of a Charasmatic Church back in the late 1970s and mid 1980s and the pastor called his ministry "a deliverance ministry". But he didn't really get into the casting demons out of Spirit-filled, blood washed Christians all that much in the Church services until the mid 1980s. But he held a couple of Bible Studies during the week which some of my friends from there went and they shared with me that those Bible studies were more the casting out of demons out of Christians than studying the Bible.

I found out in the mid 1980s that the pastor based his "ministry on "Pigs in a Parlor" and other books on deliverance from demons when the author came to our church one night. He held a deliverance ministry that night for 5 hours before I left and it was still going on.

I would have left long before I did but I had ridden to church with those friends who had shared with me since the late 70s about the pastor casting out demons in those Bible Studies. But when I left that night, I didn't return there.

This is a link to that author and his books and tapes:

http://impactchristianbooks.com/prod...Author=Hammond

Shirley

Comment

Let's see what scripture says about this shall we?

24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. 26Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

For when you cast the demons out of your head and do those things that are pleasing to God he sends you a Comforter. But you must stay steadfast in your faith and keep your eye single, for if you put down the plow those demons come back and in force. Then you will see that your sins are increased and it is even harder to pick that plow back up.

The Holy Spirit cannot be tainted by your sin. The Holy Spirit is pure and clean, the Holy Spirit cleanses us. But you can turn your back on the Holy Spirit. This is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. Thus will the last state of the man be worst than the first. And this my brothers and sisters is the one sin that hath not forgiveness.

Comment

Have you read Neil Anderson's book "The Bondage Breaker"? I see his quote in your sig. At least I think it is from him.

As for your question, a couple of thoughts. Is God omnipresent? Does he dwell in the earth along with Satan? What's the difference between say a spirit of lust being on/in a man's flesh and lust itself?

2 Cor 10:3-6
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, 6 and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.
                        NASB

Now a follow up question. Where is it written that a Christian can't have a demon?
                        Matt 9:13
                        13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                        NASU

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton426 View Post

24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. 26Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

For when you cast the demons out of your head and do those things that are pleasing to God he sends you a Comforter. But you must stay steadfast in your faith and keep your eye single, for if you put down the plow those demons come back and in force. Then you will see that your sins are increased and it is even harder to pick that plow back up.

The Holy Spirit cannot be tainted by your sin. The Holy Spirit is pure and clean, the Holy Spirit cleanses us. But you can turn your back on the Holy Spirit. This is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. Thus will the last state of the man be worst than the first. And this my brothers and sisters is the one sin that hath not forgiveness.
                          When that passage was written, or spoken by Christ, was the comforter given yet? If not, then what did he mean by the house?
                          Matt 9:13
                          13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                          NASU

Comment

i did exactly this for about 10 years after receiving the holy spirit, im glad god is long suffering and had patience with me. but it also points out to why god said we must endure till the end --its not just about enduring till we have the holy spirit.

i think often people want to feel good and feel saved, not thinking that they can be worse off , for having known and felt the holy spirit then not live like it.

the man who was given one talent and buried it , had it taken away and was cast into darkness.

pray that is not us

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton426 View Post

"Adulterous generation" (12:39), the subject of the verses, echoes the analogy of the prophets for the infidelity of Israel. (Jer. 2:1-3, 20:25,32,33, 3:1-5, Hos. 2:2-13)

When by God's mercy the Israelites were delivered out of Egypt they did not repent of their impure ways. So the unclean spirits again took residence in them. (Deut. 31:20, 32:15-18, Ps. 106:34-39)

For a Christian, baptism is an exorcism in that it involves the renouncing of the devil and all that is evil. After baptism a Christian is clean. If they falter in some manner there is grace in repentance.

Comment

Working...
                              X