Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blashphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Let us reason together.

What is this sin that hath not forgivness?

The Spirit has revealed to me that this is the sin of the backslider. The ones who turn their back on the plow.

God is a Living God, and so I don't just see this as the traditional form of blasphemy, some sort of cussword or bad speech against the Spirit.

What does this mean to you?

Edit: Slug1 and fewarechosen and soldier4christ by their posts have led me to add an edit. The act of not repenting against the sin of backsliding is the sin against the Holy Spirit. I should have stated the act of staying in the backslide thus denying the Holy Ghost is the sin. Also the act of denying the Holy Spirit that dwells in others.

Thank you all for expanding my understanding of this scripture as God has led you to do.
    Last edited by theleast; Jun 16th 2008, 05:16 PM.

Originally posted by phaeton426 View Post
    Let us reason together.

What is this sin that hath not forgivness?

The Spirit has revealed to me that this is the sin of the backslider. The ones who turn their back on the plow.

God is a Living God, and so I don't just see this as the traditional form of blasphemy, some sort of cussword or bad speech against the Spirit.

What does this mean to you?
    Does your "revelation" have Biblical backing? If so, which verses?

I agree that bad speech or a cussword is not blasphemy nor is backsliding cause how can we put a value on "backsliding". Peter denied Christ 3 times and IMO is a serious backslide and many Christians for whatever reason value this as blasphemy...yet Jesus came to him and brought him back... so that shoots your revelation out of the water IMHO since Peter was not only forgiven but restored.

The Bible is very specific what blasphemy is and anything that says otherwise and can't be supported with scripture is not truth.
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Ah but Peter didn't have the Holy Spirit when he denied Christ 3 times. Peter didn't receive the Comforter until AFTER Christ was risen.

Here is the scripture you requested.

24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. 26Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
        Does your "revelation" have Biblical backing? If so, which verses?

I agree that bad speech or a cussword is not blasphemy nor is backsliding cause how can we put a value on "backsliding". Peter denied Christ 3 times and IMO is a serious backslide and many Christians for whatever reason value this as blasphemy...yet Jesus came to him and brought him back... so that shoots your revelation out of the water IMHO since Peter was not only forgiven but restored.

The Bible is very specific what blasphemy is and anything that says otherwise and can't be supported with scripture is not truth.
        peter did not have the holy spirit at that time,

also i am curious as to what your defintion of blashpeme is in this case.

scripture says all manner of blaspheme against christ will be forgiven but not against holy ghost.

so im curious to see what you think the difference is

Comment

Ah but Peter didn't have the Holy Spirit when he denied Christ 3 times. Peter didn't receive the Comforter until AFTER Christ was risen.
          Spirit of the letter, not Spirit of the Word (meaning). The situation with Peter shows us that we can be redeemed and restored, thus forgiven if we backslide. Everyone backslides in one form or another during their relationship with Christ. I do it every day when I'm talking to a person or saying Hi to someone in the store and don't ask them if they have Christ in their life or say a simple, "God Bless you" as I walk by a stranger. Like I said, what is the "value" of backsliding? Am I denying Christ if I NEVER proclaim to others I serve God or attempt to share even the smallest drop of the Gospel on others I meet? IMO closet Christian's are practicing a backsliding relationship as God has commissioned us all to spread the Gospel and not hoard it to ourselves. I'm guilty of this at times and I'm beginning to come out of the "Christian" closet over the past few years. Now I speak about God to everyone.

OK, off my rant

Here is the scripture you requested.

24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. 26Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
          Interesting. On 29 Jul 07 this scripture was placed on my spirit for my niece. At the time she was seeking God and came to me and my wife cause of our relationship with God, she felt that we'd be able to answer her questions. She began to read the Bible more after we gave her a new one and her questions became more involved about a relationship with Christ... beyond her "I believe" in God but don't serve Him religious upbringing. God showed me what would happen to her if she began a relationship but continued to not have a "faithful" relationship and only maintained a "religious" relationship. That scripture was what I was led to and also given how to explain the scripture to her. She had no concept of spiritual warfare and that scripture wouldn't have much meaning if she just read it. I explained how from her past this scripture explained her addictions and hurts over the years...

Anyway, she suffered from exactly what that scripture explains and it almost cost her, her life. Now she's clean and even though her walk with Christ is slow going... it's going as she fills herself with God as He cleans her spiritually and she fills those clean spots with Christ activities, study, fellowship, church attendance (this is a big one we're working on) etc.

In all honesty I don't see how the scripture has anything to do with blasphemy

She is being restored, slowly... but is being restored.
          Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

backsliding is not the unforgivable part

its backsliding then not repenting

that is putting the plow down and the unforgivable sin

when we dont have the spirit we are blaspheming christ and not the holy spirit --thats why its forgivable
            but once we get the holy spirit and do not repent our blaspheme --that is how we can be worse off than the first

peter denied christ at the time --but then went on to speak strongly of him and eventually resisted unto blood

so he repented , he didnt stay denying him that would have cost him greatly -- that is what repentence is all about

Comment

Originally posted by fewarechosen View Post
              peter did not have the holy spirit at that time,

also i am curious as to what your defintion of blashpeme is in this case.

scripture says all manner of blaspheme against christ will be forgiven but not against holy ghost.

so im curious to see what you think the difference is
              If a person see the Holy Spirit in action, such as seeing a person pray over another person with cancer for example... and is healed... then a person was to say this healing is of the devil and not believe it's of God, has committed blasphemy. Discernment is always needed cause satan can and does imitate miracles and revelations to mislead us. The example in scripture (Matthew 12:22-37) is of Jesus delivering a man of a demon and the Pharisees associated this miracle with the devil (beelzebub) showing us what blasphemy is.

That is why denying Christ or saying He isn't real, is not blasphemy... nor is backsliding as was revealed to the OP. That is why I asked for scripture to back it up and IMO doesn't back it up.
              Slug1--out

Comment

when we dont have the spirit we are blaspheming christ and not the holy spirit --thats why its forgivable
                but once we get the holy spirit and do not repent our blaspheme --that is how we can be worse off than the first

peter denied christ at the time --but then went on to speak strongly of him and eventually resisted unto blood

so he repented , he didnt stay denying him that would have cost him greatly -- that is what repentence is all about
                We're gonna turn this into a OSAS vs. NOSAS debate... I'm NOSAS so I agree. I don't agree that backsliding is unforgivable. I do agree that if a backsliden person NEVER repents even though they once had a relationship with Jesus... will remain unforgiven since they never repented and regained their relationship with God.

Blasphemy and being unrepentant are two separate sins, one is not forgivable the other is.
                Slug1--out

Comment

Then I'm curious how the story of the house being cleaned, and then the evil spirit returning with even worse demons understood by you?

Comment

We're gonna turn this into a OSAS vs. NOSAS debate... I'm NOSAS so I agree. I don't agree that backsliding is unforgivable. I do agree that if a backsliden person NEVER repents even though they once had a relationship with Jesus... will remain unforgiven since they never repented and regained their relationship with God.

oh ok then i think we are on the same page, perhaps we just had wording difficulties.

Comment

I agree mostly if not in full.

I believe that a person Denies the Holy Spirit when they refuse to listen to the Holy Spirit's instruction.

For instance, if you don't allow yourself to "feel" empathy towards those you hurt or when the Holy Spirit convicts you of something & you refuse to cave.....indefinitely. Not about stumbling but deliberately leading a blasphemous life yet claiming you love God. Deliberately rejecting His instruction when knowing full well the instructions God has placed for His followers.

Love in Christ.

Comment

Blasphemy and being unrepentant are two separate sins, one is not forgivable the other is.
                        What is OSAS vs. NOSAS? I'm clueless....

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Christiana View Post
                          What is OSAS vs. NOSAS? I'm clueless....

Thank you.
                          OSAS=once saved always saved

NOSAS=not once saved always saved

I don't want this to turn into a debate on that but in a way I suppose it kinda is.

Comment

Common mistake... and it is made a lot.

When someone speaks of another with the Holy Spirit and says that they have the spirit of the devil that is blaspheme against the Holy Ghost and it happens a lot. It is a trap that many fall in, just because the Holy Spirit dwells within you it does not make YOU perfect, you are still a man in the flesh. Although we try and walk in the Spirit we fail many times.

The spirit is more with the sinners because they need him and he rejoices over the one lost sheep that was found than the others. But those standing by watching say why would the spirit be with them more than us? Because we know he is a sinner and we are not he must have a devil. (see Luke 15:1-32)

The scriptures does tell us what it is.

Mark 3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

Mark 3:23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

Mark 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Mark 3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Mark 3:26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Mark 3:27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Mark 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Michael

Comment

Then I'm curious how the story of the house being cleaned, and then the evil spirit returning with even worse demons understood by you?
                              That's easy if you understand spiritual warfare.

Oh, before I continue let me put this out before I continue... so I don't forget

In your OP you say it was revealed to you that blasphemy is being unrepentant... that is my understanding from the way you wrote it. So, we can use scripture to back that anyone who has backsliden whether it was before or after being indwelt with the Holy Spirit.. can be forgiven and restored. But the Bible clearly states that the sin of Blasphemy cannot be and WILL NOT BE forgiven.

Turning your back on Christ can be forgiven, blasphemy cannot

The revelation you have doesn't add up and that is why I asked the simple question about what scripture backs the revelation cause it must line up with the Bible 100%, not 99.99% (satans imitation of God)... to be from God.

OK, explanation of the scripture dealing with the returning demons. It explains what happens to a person who is a Christian or who becomes a Christian and doesn't fill themselves with Christ. That is why with deliverance, not may teams will ever deliver a non-Christian cause what will removing a demon cause if this person doesn't have faith in God... it will cause utter failure in helping the person cause they will be worse off then before the deliverance was done. This demon will return to party with the other demons and make life even worse.

As for a person seeking Christ and then giving themselves to Jesus and accepting Him as their Lord and Savior and THEN doing nothing to grow in that relationship will have a tough time with their faith... that is why Christian's who say they don't have to go to church, or don't have to serve on ministries within a church, or don't fellowship with other Christians have a bad time with their faith and walk with God. It's more then "just" praying and reading the Bible... it's a package deal and all this must fill that "house" that was swept clean the moment a person accepted Jesus and He moves in.

By keeping Jesus locked in one room of the "house", which is you... then that leaves the rest of the house open to problems. Each room of the now clean house must be filled with Christ and with each activity you devote to Christ fills more rooms and leaves no room for a demon to enter. Soon all rooms will be filled if you allow God to use you and you actively serve.

I look at it this way... reading the Bible, 1 bedroom. Praying is another bedroom. Church is the livingroom. Fellowship is the kitchen. Ministry is the front and backyards around the house as God reaches out through you to others... do you see what I mean by this explanation which ended up being longer then even I figured it would be

Christian's MUST FILL themselves with Christ and not restrict Jesus to just a single room in the house (just praying and reading the Bible). The house must be filled and as the house grows with more rooms (being pruned - John 15), more can be done for Christ as you are led to fill these additional rooms with Christ.

Praise God, I'll be developing this for my next blog!
                              Slug1--out

Comment

Working...
                              X