7th Day made Holy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th Day made Holy..

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God came to the end of all his work; and on the seventh day he took his rest from all the work which he had done.
    Gen 2:3 And God gave his blessing to the seventh day and made it holy: because on that day he took his rest from all the work which he had made and done.
    Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heaven and the earth when they were made.

My question is why did Man take this day and make it a working day.. Opening stores, why did we choose it from a Holy day??

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
    Daughter & Family
    Vickie & Ashley
    For ALL suffering with ALS
    Moonglow and Nate
    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
    Gary &Cleaveland
    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

He rested not us because of the fall we are now working to achieve the greatness to enter into God's rest. So as a punishment we have to work ironic huh...God is a force to be reckoning with

Comment

Originally posted by By Faith View Post
      He rested not us because of the fall we are now working to achieve the greatness to enter into God's rest. So as a punishment we have to work ironic huh...God is a force to be reckoning with
      My understanding of him making the seventh day holy, means we are all sinning by working on the holy day..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
      Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
      SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
      Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
      Daughter & Family
      Vickie & Ashley
      For ALL suffering with ALS
      Moonglow and Nate
      My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
      Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
      Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
      Gary &Cleaveland
      EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
      Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Goodness no than pastors would be sinning and I don't want to do that. Re Read the second verse it states He meaning God rested. Now skip down to the punishment Gen 3:17 and on. He punished the man by making him work with out rest. Sweat until he returns to clay (paraphrased). We could have made the seventh day Holy if we wouldn't have fallen. Now we strive to enter into God's rest during the second coming because that is when the next opprotunity. But God himself he is still at rest and you can read that in Heb...that author talks about it a little.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Matthew 11 and Hebrews 4 tells us that He became our rest. I have rest every single day I am in Christ.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

By accepting Christ we have entered into His rest, just as God did, thus fulfilling the true spirit of the law. Sabbath/Rest means a cessation from labor. We cannot get away from "just as God did" in that scripture. "Just as God did" says that I am fully following the example set by God by trusting Christ for my salvation. I am resting everyday, just as God did. It does not say "partly", "sort of", "kind of"... it says JUST LIKE GOD.

Christ became our Sabbath or rest. In Christ We no longer have to keep a reminder of something we already have. Keeping the Sabbath seems to me rejecting the reality for the shadow.

For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Charger View Post
            Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God came to the end of all his work; and on the seventh day he took his rest from all the work which he had done.
            Gen 2:3 And God gave his blessing to the seventh day and made it holy: because on that day he took his rest from all the work which he had made and done.
            Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heaven and the earth when they were made.

My question is why did Man take this day and make it a working day.. Opening stores, why did we choose it from a Holy day??
            We will all enter that same rest some day if we remain obedient:

Hebrews 4
            1Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it.

2For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard.
            3For we who have believed enter that rest, just as He has said,
            "AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH,
            THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST,"
            although His works were finished from the foundation of the world.
            4For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh day: "AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS";
            5and again in this passage, "THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST."
            6Therefore, since it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly had good news preached to them failed to enter because of disobedience,
            7He again fixes a certain day, "Today," saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
            "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
            DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS."
            8For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that.
            9So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.
            10For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.
            Under the law, it was of the flesh. Under grace, it is of the Spirit and originates from heaven. Our high priest does not die - that is now Christ! He is eternal, versus the earthly high priests who had to offer sacrafice over and over. Christ died once for all.

Hebrews 7
            26For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens;

27who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. 28For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.
            Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
            Not second or third, but first.
            Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
            when He is the source of all hope,
            when His love is received and freely given,
            holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
            will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Charger View Post

Remembering/observing the seventh day Sabbath is one of the ten commandments...

Ex 20
              8 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
              9 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.
              10 But the seventh day is a Sabbath to YHWH your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.
              11 For in six days YHWH made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore YHWH blessed the Sabbath day and consecrated it.
              Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
              -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

The Ten Commandments along with the rest of the law was part of the covenant with the Jews, and as such no longer applies to the NT church.
                For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Ergatēs View Post
                  The Ten Commandments along with the rest of the law was part of the covenant with the Jews, and as such no longer applies to the NT church.
                  The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                  God plants in our hearts
                  to remind us
                  there are better things ahead.
                  -Holley Gerth

Comment

I refer you to Acts 15 and the Council of Jerusalem...

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well, Fare ye well.

These were the things the Jerusalem Council determined the Gentiles were to follow, these were the ONLY NECESSARY THINGS that were listed by the Apostles concerning the law...

Comment

Originally posted by Ergatēs View Post
                      I refer you to Acts 15 and the Council of Jerusalem...
                      Ergatēs... without the OT the NT has no foundation
                      The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                      God plants in our hearts
                      to remind us
                      there are better things ahead.
                      -Holley Gerth

Comment

You cannot deny the NT or the truth contained therein... Do you still sacrifice animals??? Why not?

Comment

You would have to provide an academically acceptable interpretation to the rulings of the Jerusalem Council found in Acts 15 to show otherwise. I will be awaiting your exegesis on those scriptures...

Comment

1. Since the 4 gospel accounts (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) were written 3 to 6 decades after the initiation of the new covenant era..why are there no editing comments by the authors regarding the cessation of the sabbath 4th commandemnt? John put about 8 editing comments in his account, which is regarded by most scholars as the the most recent account, yet he says nothing in chapter 5, 7 or 9 (sabbath conflict passages) about a change of worship manners. Never mind the other 3 who had an opportunity in Matt 12, Mark 2 and 3, Luke 6, 13 and 14.

2. Why did Jesus spend so much effort defending, correcting , clarifying the 4th commandment in His conflict with the Jewish clergy. If he knew He was going to trash, abrogate, obsolete the annoying, burdensome, legalistic rule...why didn't He just throw in the towel and say..."I am going to phase this stupid law out with my death."

3.Why didn't Paul tell the gentile crowd in ACTS 13:42-44..."Hey you don't need to wait a whole week to come back to hear more preaching....come tomorrow on the "LORD's DAY" ..I am just hear to reach these pharisee, legalistic, judaizer Jews..I preach Jesus and we have trashed this 4th commandment and we are in a new covenant and so we worship tomorrow. or whenever we feel like it"

4. In ACTS 18:4 ( just 2 chapters before ACTS 20:7) why didi Paul run the risk of contaminating the Greek gentiles by having them associate with the Jews.."every sabbath". Why didn't he tell them.."Hey Greeks, I came here to reach the Jews but while they are coming up to speed, if they believe, I want to get you guys away from worshiping on this abrogated, obsolete, legalistic, burdensome HOLY day. Start coming tomorrow on the LORD'S DAY...I don't want you to get contaminated and used to this terrible awful SABBATH day thing. Just think how bad the Jews have gotten worshipping and making a big deal about this legalistic ritual."

5 See also ACTS 16:13, ACTS 17:2 where Paul appears to be a hypocrite as he acknowledges the OLD, ancient, burdensome, faulty, legalistic, JEWish sabbath day....which God made HOLY at least 1000 years before any JEW ever showed up on this planet.

So much for the most hated commandment of the 10.

Comment

Now where again is the NT commandment to the Gentiles to keep the Sabbath?? Oh that's right, there's not one. I forgot.

I am looking forward to your exegesis on "NO GREATER BURDEN" in Acts 15.

Show me ANY SINGLE place in scripture where ANY SINGLE gentile was EVER REQUIRED to keep the Sabbath. I dare you.

Comment

Working...
                              X