Finally saw "There will be blood"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally saw "There will be blood"

Loved it! That pastor was a wack job, i think Daniel was right when he called him a false prophet.
    I'm astounded, bewildered, confused, baffled when people tell me there are 75 million people in America that are filled with the Holy Ghost and we're the most rotten nation on earth. "Leonard Ravenhill"

But I didn't like the end. Maybe I just didn't understand it.

Comment

Yeah the ending was kind of different, kind of had an ending just like "No country for old men"
      I'm astounded, bewildered, confused, baffled when people tell me there are 75 million people in America that are filled with the Holy Ghost and we're the most rotten nation on earth. "Leonard Ravenhill"

Comment

I had to stop watching the movie about 40 minutes into it. I just couldn't stand it. Borefest is the word I'm looking for.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought it was aweful, bad story line(if you can call it that), hideous music, really bad ending.
          Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
          -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

So... what are you guys talking about???
            Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
              A recent movie with Daniel Day Lewis, here's the wiki on it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_Will_Be_Blood
              Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
              -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Originally posted by diffangle View Post
                I thought it was aweful, bad story line(if you can call it that), hideous music, really bad ending.

The soundtrack was top notch!! The tribal drums in some parts were incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post

The movie "There will be blood"

Comment

I did like the music!

Comment

yeah, ( i haven't seen it) but did you notice how the movie preview gave away the whole movie.....i could probly tell you everything that happened.

kill people, take oil. good guy wins.

Comment

no, i wouldn't exactly say "good guy wins" in reference to this movie.

the movie is a parable about the mixture of "big oil" and false, money-grubbing, manipulative religion.

it's a film about a man who perfects his hatreds and sees all his predjudices confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderbyrd View Post
                          no, i wouldn't exactly say "good guy wins" in reference to this movie.

the movie is a parable about the mixture of "big oil" and false, money-grubbing, manipulative religion.

it's a film about a man who perfects his hatreds and sees all his predjudices confirmed.

......................and then drinks your milkshake.............

My love for God is only as much as the love I have for the person I love the least!

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
                          ― John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                          X