Going to a catholic church on sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to a catholic church on sunday?

I want to learn the ways of alternate denominations.

I know of one large catholic church, I am thinking of going to it on sunday, to see whats different between it and my regular Baptist church.

Should I keep a look-out for anything?

btw: I might try a jw church next sunday.

Confused, Worried, for YOU...

Originally posted by ChristianKnight View Post

I know of one large catholic church, I am thinking of going to it on sunday, to see whats different between it and my regular Baptist church.

Yes! Be aware of legalism, traditions, dogmas, IDOL WORSHIP, false teaching of God's word, talking and praying to the dead, paying through indulgences to earn your way into heaven, believing and accepting the church teaching that Mary is the Thrown of Grace, that she is mercy and grace. That she interceeds in our prayers. Belief in the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Genuflecting (knealing on one knee) before a jar with a candle burining in it...it is suppose to the 'real' presence of God!
    Confessing to a mortal man your sins and him saying he as the power on earth to forgive them or not...if he decides they are not quite forgiveable then he will give you a pentance to do...reciting prayers, praying the rosary, etc., to earn your sins being forgiven by mortal man.Praying the rosary..church says it was given by Mary but it was invinted by Peter the Hermit in 1090 AD and brought to the church by St. Dominic in 1214 AD and approved by Pope Innocent III (1,000yrs. after the death of Mary). It was a ditch effort to get people to start coming back to the church.These are but a few...my deeply concerned heart askes that you don't go to a pagan church and get involved with pagan rituals and idol worship.If satan can get people in the Catholic faith praying to Mary and her rosary then they are idol prayers and are not being heard and answered by Father God. He is winning a war to mass destroy millions who will not look at the Church and it's paganism. But stays blinded and reciting the same 'empty' prayers over and over again.
    Please understand that all you need is the Bible and the Word of God contained there in. Nothing more and nothing less (Deut. 4).
    "MAY THE GOD OF YOUR HOPE SO FILL YOU WITH ALL JOY AND PEACE IN BELIEVING THROUGH THE EXPIERENCE OF YOUR FAITH THAT BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT YOU MAY ABOUND AND BE OVER FLOWING (bulling over) WITH HOPE."
    ROMANS 15:13 Amplified Bible

Comment

I'd get yourself settled in your own beliefs before you start investigating what others believe.

Comment

They will not hurt you. They read from the same Bible the KJV...It cannot hurt to go and listen and see that there are Christians in there too. Just do not take communion because it is beleived in the RCC that it IS the body and blood of Christ because they pray over it and ASK Jesus to make it so....who are we to say God doesn't....so being you are a Baptist and do not believe the same just do not take it

Comment

Don't go to either. Why would you want to go to church for any reason other to worship God? Going to spy on other people isn't good... and in fact it might be dangerous for you, since you don't yet seem settled in your faith. It's not that long ago you were getting caught up in the myths of Greece, remember?

All you will do if you go to these services in your current mind set is feed your pride. Or possibly even be deceived.

And if you go to the JW's you will never get rid of them... they'll try their very hardest to suck you in. I know, I've had dealings with them myself. Also, they are very pseudo intellectual, and if you're not careful you'll believe them. Seriously, I could see that happening.

Jesus says Himself that there will be many false Christs and false prophets... but we are not to go to them. So don't go.
          Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Real Perspective on Catholic Bible

Hi ChristianKnight, Angel 247 says Catholics read from the King James...I was Catholic for 33 years and we only read from the Catholic Bible. I did not buy a King James Bible until I was born again. RRC has it's own Bible.
            Catholics believe in the infallibilty of the papacy (Pope) to interrpret Scripture and says only the 'church' can do this...Christians believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and that is all we need. And that we can interpret Scripture through the Holy Spirit ...who is God himself.
            Example of how the Catholic church twists Scripture: 2 Thessalonians 2:15 "So, then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, wheather by word of mouth or by the letter."
            Christians believe the Apostles and people of the ages passed the word by mouth or deed(alredy said and done with nothing new to be added).
            The Catholis say this says: you can believe in the word AND any thing spoken or written...this is where they are able to add to Gods word (forbidden by God in Deu. 4), and add their traditions, dogmas, etc.
            It is such a twist on words (mis-interpretation) as this that leads the Catholic church away from God...they start believing in themselves and not our King, our Savior, to give us exactly what we need.
            If you don't KNOW the Word of God and don't understand how the RRC adds to and takes away from the Word than you can be fooled into accepting what they say. This is satan working to keep the true word of God hidden away from the RRC (it's people).
            This is how they add stuff like using Mary in ways that God never tells us she was used. Adding the idol worship through praying the rosary, and so much more.
            Please learn what God's character is all about and don't be fooled into believing in what the RRC church 'wants' you to believe.
            STAY AWAY FROM PAGAN RELIGIONS.
            oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
            "MAY THE GOD OF YOUR HOPE SO FILL YOU WITH ALL JOY AND PEACE IN BELIEVING THROUGH THE EXPIERENCE OF YOUR FAITH THAT BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT YOU MAY ABOUND AND BE OVER FLOWING (bulling over) WITH HOPE."
            ROMANS 15:13 Amplified Bible

Comment

Well have fun trying to figure out the kneeling thing....

Comment

Is nobody else concerned that he's interested in attending a Jehova's Witness church? Say what you will about the schism between Catholics & Protestants on certain dogma, but JW's are a completely different faith entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                  Is nobody else concerned that he's interested in attending a Jehova's Witness church? Say what you will about the schism between Catholics & Protestants on certain dogma, but JW's are a completely different faith entirely.
                  He's doing it for LEARNING, not searching for a new religion. Like undercover investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                    He's doing it for LEARNING, not searching for a new religion. Like undercover investigation.
                    Originally posted by ChristianKnight
                    If he views Jehova's Witnesses as an alternate DENOMINATION then he's in for a boatload of confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                      He's a sixteen year old boy, who, on the 28th of last month posted that he ocassionally still believed in the gods of Greece. He's highly impressionable, very passionate, and if he goes to the JW's they will stick their claws in so deep they'll draw blood.

CK... I know you will resent me for saying this, but if you go to the JW's, and they start in about how they're genuinely martyrs in an unbelieving world, they could feed into your obession with being a loner for Christ. Seriously, you could end up brain washed. You're just the right age group to stumble.

Learn about what Christians believe... true Christians. What makes us Christian, not what makes one group different from another.

JW's are NOT Christian. They believe in a completely other Jesus, and if you want to research their beliefs you should a)figure out what you believe first, and b) when ready read some books. You don't need to go see them in person. What possible good will that do?
                      Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

I would suggest just being concerned with Jesus being your LORD and savior.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                          I agree. JW's do not believe Jesus is the son of God.
                          He doesn't have a clue what he's about to walk into when he enters
                          that Hall. At least at RCC no one will follow you around and badger
                          you from now until eternity. You come and go as you please.
                          JW's are trouble. Plain and simple. They pass out those pamphlet's/
                          watchtowers and that is your WORD. There is no reading and searching
                          the bible on your own. This morning I got one away from me fast when
                          she asked me if I enjoy reading and I said YES, my bible!
                          My memory is nearly gone;
                          but I remember two things;
                          That I am a great sinner, and
                          that Christ is a great Saviour.
                          John Newton (1725-1807)
                          English minister and hymn writer

Comment

You really would be better off reading your Bible than researching what other faiths believe. By all means try different churches but I'd steer well clear of the JWs and any other faiths - a lot of them sound good on the surface and some even look close enough to mainstream Christianity to not raise immediate warning bells.

If something conflicted directly with the Christian faith I figure you're probably smart enough to reject it. But if it guides you just slightly from the true path you won't necessarily be aware that anything is wrong, but over time you'll come to realise that you've drifted a long way from God and you don't know how long it is since you actually walked the right path.

I suppose a good analogy would be the difference between blocking an attack and deflecting it. Blocking takes much more force than simply brushing it to one side.
                            24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
                            I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
                            I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
                            1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                              He's a sixteen year old boy, who, on the 28th of last month posted that he ocassionally still believed in the gods of Greece. He's highly impressionable, very passionate, and if he goes to the JW's they will stick their claws in so deep they'll draw blood.

CK... I know you will resent me for saying this, but if you go to the JW's, and they start in about how they're genuinely martyrs in an unbelieving world, they could feed into your obession with being a loner for Christ. Seriously, you could end up brain washed. You're just the right age group to stumble.

Learn about what Christians believe... true Christians. What makes us Christian, not what makes one group different from another.

JW's are NOT Christian. They believe in a completely other Jesus, and if you want to research their beliefs you should a)figure out what you believe first, and b) when ready read some books. You don't need to go see them in person. What possible good will that do?
                              Ck you want some good advice, here it is. You have to find yourself in the Lord before you start finding out what others believe. They're going to tear you apart, otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X