bible listed under fiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bible listed under fiction?

My sister got a Kindle and was shopping on Amazon.com and found The Bible Listed under Fiction.Talk about unbelief !!Isn't this quite upsetting to the believer and as for me no more purchases from Amazon. They have shown what they think of me ,so I am not supporting their company by doing business with them.
    I was alive without the Law ,the Commandment came sin revived and I died

Originally posted by Denny606 View Post
    My sister got a Kindle and was shopping on Amazon.com and found The Bible Listed under Fiction.Talk about unbelief !!Isn't this quite upsetting to the believer and as for me no more purchases from Amazon. They have shown what they think of me ,so I am not supporting their company by doing business with them.
    I hope others are as brave as you
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

I'll probably be in the minority on this one, but I think you're being overly sensitive. Who cares if they labeled the Bible under fiction? Who cares if they actually think it's fiction? At least they're selling it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
        I'll probably be in the minority on this one, but I think you're being overly sensitive. Who cares if they labeled the Bible under fiction? Who cares if they actually think it's fiction? At least they're selling it.
        Sensitive! Me sensitive? Why i never would have imagined anyone calling me that!!! You hurt my feelings
        Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

I've bought a few versions for my wife's kindle and they were under the section of Bibles. I don't recall any mention of fiction. That's odd.
          This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
            I may be ,and you have a point but I stand by my statement and thanks for calling me sensitive ,you are a man of integrity yourself and have some keen powers of observation,now I am going to quit or it could look like I am trying to brag on myself .God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by -SEEKING- View Post
              I've bought a few versions for my wife's kindle and they were under the section of Bibles. I don't recall any mention of fiction. That's odd.
              She was surfing around and looking for novels she hadn't read and she is a unbeliever and it shocked her that it was listed under fiction ,it could be listed in multiple categories. I don't know .For example, Christian,Historical,and fiction,I don't doubt your word on this any more than I do hers .Websites are a strange place they just have to list them in a catalogue style and they probably multi -list them for maximum exposure ,Who knows?

Comment

I wouldn't quit without a fight. Perhaps you should challenge them and ask 'why fiction'? Why not at least history? State your reason why you don't believe it belongs in fiction. Who knows, a depressed Amazon clerk may think twice and take a second look at the Bible. It's not ours to retreat from the world when Jesus said 'Go!'.
                ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

I just did a quick search and this is what I got.

Kindle Store › Kindle Books › Religion & Spirituality › Bible & Other Sacred Texts

When I clicked on Fiction, bibles were not there.

Kindle Store › Kindle Books › Fiction › Religious Fiction
                  This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

It's possible it was a genuine error that they've subsequently corrected.

It's possible it was done by someone hostile to Christianity but has since been corrected.
                    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
                    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
                    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
                    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Kindle Store Kindle Books Fiction Religious Fiction

when I did this search,I did find the old testament on the 34th thru 36th listing,Is this what you were refering to Seeking?Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Denny606 View Post
                        Kindle Store Kindle Books Fiction Religious Fiction

when I did this search,I did find the old testament on the 34th thru 36th listing,Is this what you were refering to Seeking?Denny
                        Looks like it.......

Comment

Maybe it was just the long ending of Mark or the Comma Johanneum....

OK, ducking and running for cover now...

Comment

Re: bible listed under fiction?

Originally posted by Nagflow
                            It has been made up by folks who have not bothered to put any scientific facts in the bible.
                            Of course, it's fiction.
                            You're more than welcome to ask your Questions in Christians Answer. That's the section for those who are not Christians.

Comment

Re: bible listed under fiction?

Why were the post's deleted?
                              That was a perfect example of non-righteous fear of the Lord.
                              He even admitted it should be put in the horror/sci-fi section....why would someone say that unless they are actually afraid?

Well whats done is done.

Back to OP,
                              Have you tried contacting anyone from that site to talk with them?

Comment

Working...
                              X