McCain or Obama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain or Obama?

I think the question is pretty self-explanatory, lol. (For those of you who are American citizens and registered voters, of course.) Well, I'm not ashamed to say that when I head to the polls this November, I'll be voting for John McCain.

Although some say that his "age may work against him", (he's 71), I don't believe that that has interfered with his ability to uphold a successful campaign, or will interfere with his ability to maintain office if elected. Some interesting things that I recently learned about McCain is that he was a member of the Naval academy, his father was a Naval officer, and he was born in the Panama Canal.
    John McCain
    53.93%
    Barack Obama
    14.61%
    Neither
    28.09%
    Prefer not to disclose
    3.37%

They both SEEM like pretty nice guys, but they're politicians, so I don't know how they can be. Ha. I don't vote so I picked neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Porter View Post
      They both SEEM like pretty nice guys, but they're politicians, so I don't know how they can be. Ha. I don't vote so I picked neither.
      You don't vote? If you're old enough to vote and don't vote, I'm sorry to hear that. But yes, you are correct, "looks can be deceiving".

Comment

Since this is election related, I am moving this to the Election forum.
        Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Comment

I'll be voting for John McCain, though if I had my druthers, it would have been Duncan Hunter.

Comment

I vote neither. I distrust both of them.
            The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
            In the ranks of death ye will find him;
            His father's sword he hath girded on,
            And his wild harp slung behind him;
            "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
            "Tho' all the world betray thee,
            One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
            One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Comment

Barack Obama..........
              My love for God is only as much as the love I have for the person I love the least!

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
              ― John F. Kennedy

Comment

McCain, though not by much.

Comment

I am not really happy with our candidates this year. But I will vote for John McCain. Better than not voting at all.
                  g
                  "Gripped in the Hand of God"

Comment

Neither! I'll be writting in a vote for Huckabee
                    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

McCain. He has a son that has served in Iraq, may still be and I believe a son in the Naval academy.

I don't always agree with McCain, but he is a man of honor .

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
                        McCain. He has a son that has served in Iraq, may still be and I believe a son in the Naval academy.

I don't always agree with McCain, but he is a man of honor .
                        I agree. I don't agree with some of his policies (do I ever!), but I admire that man's courage under fire! Who in recent history could hold a candle to that man's honor?

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
                          I don't always agree with McCain, but he is a man of honor.
                          Yes, I agree! I think people sometimes forget that being a good leader doesn't mean being "perfect". Even good leaders make mistakes from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post
                            I vote neither. I distrust both of them.
                            Same here... I'll be writing in Ron Paul.
                            Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
                            -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

I voted neither, though i'm afraid that voting neither or writing in another will only give Barack the upper hand in winning this election, simply because it will be a racially/religiously determined issue.

I'm afraid it would almost be better to vote for Mc Cain just to keep Barack out of office.

Shalom,
                              Tanja
                              Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.
                              2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
                              If it's not done out of unselfish love, then it's hardly righteous.
                              http://disciple2yeshua.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X