No announcement yet.

could/would you shoot a home intruder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could/would you shoot a home intruder?

i don't keep a gun handy, but i really think if someone was breaking in and i could get to my gun, i would shoot. i would try to scare him off first, but if it came right down to it, i would shoot.

how about you?

Only if the intruder presented the ability or desire to use lethal force. It's too easy to just shoot while it's better to hold the intruder at gun point if all he has is a knife or his fists. However, if he didn't heed the fact I was aiming at his chest and told him I was armed and not to move and he still advanced on me after the verbal warning I'd shoot him. If he had a firearm there would be no verbal warning and the first thing he'd hear would be the sound of a pump shotgun charging a 3 inch magnum turkey shell and then the explosion of the shotgun firing.
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Yes I would...

I live in the Everglades, and have 2 young children and my wife in the house...if one were to break in, then I will assume that the lives of my family are in jeopardy and will act accordingly.
      Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου

****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****

A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

Comment

In a nano second

Comment

Not only have I had to ponder the question in the OP, I've had to face that at one time it could have been on of my sisters high on meth looking for money. For her, I don't think I could have ever shot to kill, no matter the circumstance. I would shoot to injure if I had not other choice, though.

For anyone else, I am with Slug on this one. Of course, being a woman, the chance of my weapon being taken and used against me is a little higher, so I may tend to not hesitate as long as a man if I really felt it was shoot or die.

I've had a .357 in the night stand next to my bed for the past 15 years. And before anyone goes there, I never have kids in my apartment. If I do, I will take the necessary precautions to keep it out of their hands.

Comment

Lemme at 'em!

----------------------------------------------
            When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
              Only if the intruder presented the ability or desire to use lethal force. It's too easy to just shoot while it's better to hold the intruder at gun point if all he has is a knife or his fists. However, if he didn't heed the fact I was aiming at his chest and told him I was armed and not to move and he still advanced on me after the verbal warning I'd shoot him. If he had a firearm there would be no verbal warning and the first thing he'd hear would be the sound of a pump shotgun charging a 3 inch magnum turkey shell and then the explosion of the shotgun firing.
              Yeah, what he said!

The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

Comment

I would be willing to shoot an intruder, but only after all other options had been exhausted.

I'd try verbal exchange, disarming them, pointing a gun at them to get them to surrender, and finally shooting to wound. I can't imagine that, after I shot to wound, I would need to do more than wait for the police, but in the unlikely case that they were going to use lethal force against my family, and shooting to kill was the last option, I would. (I've thought about this because I have in the past disarmed knives, and have considered becoming a police officer)

Comment

if you shoot, shoot to kill.
                  an intruder that gets hurt in your home whether it is an accident or you maiming him can sue you and take everything....better there is no one left to testify, but make sure you know who it is before pulling the trigger.

Comment

by the way, we always knew where my parents had their gun and never dared touch it. we were taught well.

Comment

Yep.

When an intruder broke down Robert Jenkins’ door, he seemed to doubt Jenkins’ marksmanship. “When he saw me, he said, ‘Give me that gun,’” the 81-year-old Jenkins said. “Then he lunged at me, so I shot him.” But police say the incident didn’t end there. While Jenkins’ wife called 9-1-1, the intruder again dove at Jenkins, striking him in the head and chest. Jenkins fired his .38-caliber pistol a second time, killing the intruder. “If it happened again, I’d do the same thing, but I hope I don’t have to,” Jenkins said. (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta, GA, 03/22/08)
                      JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
                      JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve509 View Post
                        i don't keep a gun handy, but i really think if someone was breaking in and i could get to my gun, i would shoot. i would try to scare him off first, but if it came right down to it, i would shoot.

how about you?
                        I have owned two shotguns, one I bought as a teenager and one given me by my grandfather … I got rid of them … had no use for them. I inherited a pistol from my dad, I held on to it for awhile but again found I had no reason to have it, so I sold it. Would I shoot an intruder? No! I’ve made sure of that decision by choosing not to have a gun.
                        True story: I stood at 2:00 AM braced with all of my weight against the front door while someone yelling and screaming was throwing all of his weight against it, trying to break in. After a few minutes he gave up and left and I called 911. My only defense was prayer; I prayed, believing, and thank God it worked, as promised! Had I a gun, the results probably would been different. I am thankful for the inspiration that caused me to get rid of my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by cnw View Post
                          if you shoot, shoot to kill.
                          an intruder that gets hurt in your home whether it is an accident or you maiming him can sue you and take everything....better there is no one left to testify, but make sure you know who it is before pulling the trigger.
                          I hope with time you will post again and correct everything that is wrong with these words.

Surely a christian doesn't put worldly possessions - being sued - above someones life? Please read Matthew 6:25-34.

Would readers not give up every worldly possession to a thief, in the hope of 'saving' that person? I heard of a woman being mugged - she took off her cross and chain - and gave it to the man before he even asked!

If we act the same as non believers - can we honestly say we have found Jesus Christ? Servant of Truth.
                          1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Originally posted by DadBurnett View Post
                            I have owned two shotguns, one I bought as a teenager and one given me by my grandfather … I got rid of them … had no use for them. I inherited a pistol from my dad, I held on to it for awhile but again found I had no reason to have it, so I sold it. Would I shoot an intruder? No! I’ve made sure of that decision by choosing not to have a gun.
                            True story: I stood at 2:00 AM braced with all of my weight against the front door while someone yelling and screaming was throwing all of his weight against it, trying to break in. After a few minutes he gave up and left and I called 911. My only defense was prayer; I prayed, believing, and thank God it worked, as promised! Had I a gun, the results probably would been different. I am thankful for the inspiration that caused me to get rid of my guns.
                            Do you know whether this would-be intruder went anywhere else and harmed anyone? Maybe raped and murdered a little girl?

It is a very real possibility. And how would that make you feel to escape the harm of the intruder only to have them go and harm another because you didn't stop them from doing so.

I don't own a gun, but if I did and someone forced their way into my home, I'd kill them in a second and wouldn't be bothered by it one bit.

My wife and my daughter happen to matter to me. I do not pretend silly things. Someone that tries to break into another's home has with purpose and intent gone far out of their way to at the very least to take and more likely to harm.

I'm not likely to be their last victim. If given the opportunity, legally, to stop them, I surely would. And I'd feel very good about it too because I would understand that I may very well have saved not only my life, my wife and daughter's lives but others that would have become this intruder's victims after me. And that seems Christ-like to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve509 View Post

how about you?
                              No. I'd try to convert him. if I die, I die. But I'm not going to treat him the same way he treats me. One has to be willing lose his life to find it .

Comment

Working...
                              X