X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnality in Believers

What is Carnality? What is spiritually?

Key Question- Do you see any carnality within yourself?

Can you answer those two for yourself?

I will attempt to share what I have been taught by God.
    Carnality is any personal thought, act, or view produced by a human person that does not ultimately lead to glorifying God and advancing His kingdom, but it brings personal glory and praise to its originator. It consists of everything short of spiritual. It is limited to earthly thoughts and actions; and, it cannot comprehend anything related to the spiritual. To be carnal minded is death and confusion and to be spirituality minded is life and peace.

Ro 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Carnality is ego driven to validate and prove itself right. It wants acceptance and approval for its actions. Carnality resists anything contrary to its establish ideologies. This includes the truths of God and inspirations of the Holy Spirit. It fight against anything that it does not immediately comprehend because it exposes its weaknesses, dependence, and need of trust in God. The carnal mind cannot discern and recognize spiritual deception.

1Co 2:14 - But the natural man does not receive the thingsof the Spirit ofGod, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Carnality wants to understand and filter everything in through logic, deductive reasoning, and theory. Carnality is both an inherited and learned mindset. We are born in a carnal world and we received the same carnal mindset from Adam. Then we learn to be even more carnal as we attempt to survive and thrive. Carnality always believes in something, therefore, it creates a personal world view as it vehicle for living its own life.

1Co 3:3 -for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

However, the bottom line is that carnality does not want to trust God. Why? The carnal is an enemy of God. It is at war with God. It disdains the things and knowledge of God, because it cannot understand and control them.

Ro 8:7 - Because the carnalmind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Re 22:15 -But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

To be spiritual means to trust God. There is no distance or measure between carnality and spirituality with the exception of trusting God. Spirituality comes down to either trusting God or not. Spirituality has a different process than carnality. It is not learned but surrendered to. It is the only means by the Holy Spirit that the truth can be distinguish from the lie.

Joh 14:17 -the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

Joh 16:13 - has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

How does one possibly know that they could be operating in carnality?
    1.It loves to learn and comprehend knowledge that makes one feel better about themselves.
    2.It loves to boast in the knowledge it knows
    3.Find it hard to trust God
    4.Sees knowledge as means of pleasure, power, and profit
    5.Produces strife and pride
    6.Is partial and prejudice
    7.Hates the truth and loves the lie

How does one possibly know that they could be operating in spirituality?
    1.It loves to discovered more about God that enriches the relationship with God
    2.Praises God for His inspirations and revelations
    3.Trusts God regardless of knowledge
    4.Sees the truth as means of communion and share with God and others
    5.Produces humility and peace
    6.Is not partial and prejudice but just
    7.Loves the truth and hates the lie
    *Bonus round- carnality is in abundance on a great many of Christian forums. LOL............

What do you think carnality is? Do you see a lot of carnality within yourself?
    Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Originally posted by manichunter View Post
    What is Carnality? What is spiritually?

Can you answer those two for yourself?

I will attempt to share what I have been taught by God.
    Carnality is any personal thought, act, or view produced by a human person that does not ultimately lead to glorifying God and advancing His kingdom, but it brings personal glory and praise to its originator. It consists of everything short of spiritual. It is limited to earthly thoughts and actions; and, it cannot comprehend anything related to the spiritual. To be carnal minded is death and confusion and to be spirituality minded is life and peace.

Ro 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Carnality is ego driven to validate and prove itself right. It wants acceptance and approval for its actions. Carnality resists anything contrary to its establish ideologies. This includes the truths of God and inspirations of the Holy Spirit. It fight against anything that it does not immediately comprehend because it exposes its weaknesses, dependence, and need of trust in God. The carnal mind cannot discern and recognize spiritual deception.

1Co 2:14 - But the natural man does not receive the thingsof the Spirit ofGod, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Carnality wants to understand and filter everything in through logic, deductive reasoning, and theory. Carnality is both an inherited and learned mindset. We are born in a carnal world and we received the same carnal mindset from Adam. Then we learn to be even more carnal as we attempt to survive and thrive. Carnality always believes in something, therefore, it creates a personal world view as it vehicle for living its own life.

1Co 3:3 -for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

However, the bottom line is that carnality does not want to trust God. Why? The carnal is an enemy of God. It is at war with God. It disdains the things and knowledge of God, because it cannot understand and control them.

Ro 8:7 - Because the carnalmind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Re 22:15 -But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

To be spiritual means to trust God. There is no distance or measure between carnality and spirituality with the exception of trusting God. Spirituality comes down to either trusting God or not. Spirituality has a different process than carnality. It is not learned but surrendered to. It is the only means by the Holy Spirit that the truth can be distinguish from the lie.

Joh 14:17 -the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

Joh 16:13 - has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

How does one possibly know that they could be operating in carnality?
    1.It loves to learn and comprehend knowledge that makes one feel better about themselves.
    2.It loves to boast in the knowledge it knows
    3.Find it hard to trust God
    4.Sees knowledge as means of pleasure, power, and profit
    5.Produces strife and pride
    6.Is partial and prejudice
    7.Hates the truth and loves the lie

How does one possibly know that they could be operating in spirituality?
    1.It loves to discovered more about God that enriches the relationship with God
    2.Praises God for His inspirations and revelations
    3.Trusts God regardless of knowledge
    4.Sees the truth as means of communion and share with God and others
    5.Produces humility and peace
    6.Is not partial and prejudice but just
    7.Loves the truth and hates the lie
    *Bonus round- carnality is in abundance on a great many of Christian forums. LOL............

What do you think carnality is? Do you see a lot of carnality within yourself?

Never liked the word 'carnal'. Are you presently attending a Baptist Theological Seminary? It sounds like you copied this from a book.

The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

Comment

Originally posted by Scubadude View Post
      Never liked the word 'carnal'. Are you presently attending a Baptist Theological Seminary? It sounds like you copied this from a book.
      Is that sarcasm or a serious question. I explained where I got if from in the context. I teach seminary but that does not mean anything in reference to me preparing this as I learn and share what God has taught me..............
      Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Comment

Is that sarcasm or a serious question. I explained where I got if from in the context. I teach seminary but that does not mean anything in reference to me preparing this as I learn and share what God has taught me..............
        It was both. But perhaps I should refrain from posting on your thread. I meant no disrespect.

The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

Comment

A cemetary teacher?
          Christianity is a leap of faith, not the abandonment of logic.

Comment

It was both. But perhaps I should refrain from posting on your thread. I meant no disrespect.
            You could have at least answered the question?

www.woc-church.org

Comment

I teach seminary but that does not mean anything in reference to me preparing this as I learn and share what God has taught me..............
              Usually, subtlty is not lost on me, but I'll take this as your question. It sounded like a statement.

Yes, you do teach seminary. And I disagree, it means everything in your preparing to teach students this subject.

Was this the direction you were hoping to go with this thread? I ask because this is your thread, and I don't intend to go in the direction you seem to be asking.

Comment

Originally posted by 1of7000 View Post
                A cemetary teacher?
                Yo, girl! Long time no talk.

Comment

Usually, subtlty is not lost on me, but I'll take this as your question. It sounded like a statement.

Yes, you do teach seminary. And I disagree, it means everything in your preparing to teach students this subject.

Why is subtlty not lost on you. Is that a good thing or bad thing? What does that depend on, since that is probaly your response (LOL)?

It is not statement. I am sincerely studied the subject. God started me in Romans. I asked him to teach me what carnality is. I have never had deep instruction on the subject. I knew it had everything to do with everything equated to ungodly, unloving, and in-ordinate affections. I knew mostly general things like it was bad, earthly in origin and limitations, and the default human behavior for any believer who has not been discipled in the faith through sanctification. This includes me to a strong degree. I do not want to be carnal. I do not want to excuse my behavior as just being myself when my behavior is sinful. I want out by any means necessary. I want to be considerate, tactic, and peaceful.

I am a police officer. Those things are hard to do when you deal with criminal most of the time. They are people as well, but some of their consciences and mindsets would scare the average citizen who he knew the thoughts and intentions of these criminals. Anyway off topic, and back to the thread. I want to know more, and this others the opportunity to share and study if they so decide...............

www.woc-church.org

Comment

You aren't really a seminary professor, are you.

Comment

This post has meandered far enough from the point, let's not have it get any worse.

As for the OP - it strikes me that all of us by our very nature have yet to purge the carnal self. It isn't in this life that we can overcome such things - although we can certainly strive to step away from them, and we should.

Thanks for sharing this
                      Call to Me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jeremiah 33:3
                      You put the stars in the sky and you know them by name, You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same, You are amazing, God.
                      I do not 'hope' I am saved and I do not 'think' I am saved, I know it with an absolute conviction. I know that I am saved just as I know that I think and I know that I feel. I am purchased and sealed, His possession.

Comment

Key Question- Do you see any carnality within yourself?
                        .................Yes, do you?

Comment

The knowledge that we are all God's, that He has received all and rejected nothing, will unify our inner lives and make everything sacred to us.
                          He promised to use my carnality for Good if I loved Him.

Comment

All I’ve accomplished, the titles I hold
                            My passions, position, possessions and gold
                            To God they must look like a thimble of foam
                            And it’s everything that I own
                            Dirty rags are all that I own

So I stand before God with my stubble and hay
                            He just laughs, but says there’s still a way
                            Because “Father, Forgive” are the words Jesus moaned
                            When He gave everything that He owned

Everything I Own
                            Jason Gray

Comment

Originally posted by ImmenseDisciple View Post
                              This post has meandered far enough from the point, let's not have it get any worse.
                              Why do you think I've meandered off subject? We are still talking about carnality in believers.

Comment

Working...
                              X