No announcement yet.

Liberal or fundamentalist.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberal or fundamentalist.............

Seeing as I seem to be spending most of my time in this room, I'll ask my question here.

Do you consider yourself to be a bit on the .... liberal.....side of Christianity or are you more...
    fundamentalist ?

Me, I'm a bit on the liberal side.

Rocky.

I'm a bigotted fundementalist... apparently!
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
      I'm a bigotted fundementalist... apparently!

A bigotted fundy.....now that's an interesting answer...........

Does that mean you don't like anyone who isn't a fundy ?? Or is that a tag others have given you....

Rocky

Comment

I'm pretty much fundamentalist with mainstream beliefs although I have a few personal beliefs that are pretty far out there.
        I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
        - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Rocking horse View Post
          A bigotted fundy.....now that's an interesting answer...........

Does that mean you don't like anyone who isn't a fundy ?? Or is that a tag others have given you....

Rocky
          It's something others have called me. For a while I attended a Christian group for meals and fellowship, once a week. But it became apparent that they didn't believe in hell, or that humankind is endemically sinful, which made me wonder what they thought Christ died for. Last week they said that their remit was to "make God culturally relevant," which I found shockingly blasphemous (God is the only relevancy in the universe, after all). They believe hardly any of the Bible, and they think, for example, that God's Holy Spirit is already poured out on "all flesh", including Muslims, Hindus, etc... When I disagreed with them on their theory that "hell is not important" I discovered that my "fundy" views were considered "narrow minded and bigotted."

I only ask if a thing is true.

Anyway. I'm pretty fundementalist in my views. Some folks think that means I'm a bigot. I'd hope that's not the case!
          Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Thanks for the explanation....and I've just read your testimony and all I can say is...WOW.

I'm sure heaven is still rejoicing over you.

Smiles,

Rocky

Comment

I am neither, but I can identify with being labeled a fundamentalist. Fundamentalists don't claim Charismatics as their own, FYI.....

Comment

I classify myself as an evangelistic Christ follower.

I take the Bible as it appears in it's appropriate context. Whatever label can be attributed to that, that's me.
                "People aren't confused by the gospel...
                They're confused by us.
                Jesus is the only way to God,
                But we are not the only way to Jesus.
                This word world doesn't need my tie, my hoodie,
                My denomination or my translation of the Bible.
                They just need Jesus...
                Jesus is going to save the world,
                But, maybe, the best thing we can do
                Is just get out of the way."

~"What This World Needs"~
                ~Casting Crowns ~

Tradition doesn't save you, Christ does.
                Don't strap yourself to the Gospel.

Comment

i am a christian fundamentalist

Comment

I'm definitely not liberal so it would be fundamentalist.
                    Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Comment

Sorry to seem dumb, but how would you define a fundamentalist?

Comment

Here is a definition of fundamentalism from dictionary.com:

a movement in American Protestantism that arose in the early part of the 20th century in reaction to modernism and that stresses the infallibility of the Bible not only in matters of faith and morals but also as a literal historical record, holding as essential to Christian faith belief in such doctrines as the creation of the world, the virgin birth, physical resurrection, atonement by the sacrificial death of Christ, and the Second Coming.
                        Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Comment

hmmm, it would appear that you've gotten yourself mixed up with a bunch of fundy's. Myself also being a narrow minded fundy. But hey, it was Christ who said that narrow is the path that leads to life, and wide is the path that leads to destruction, so narrow it is!!
                          Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

I tend to do all I can to be Holy as God commanded me to be and walk in righteousness- call it what you will. I see liberalism as walking in a gray area if you call yourself a Christian and God said be black or white, don't ride the fence so to speak. You either walk in sin or you don't.
                            but this has only been my view for a few years.
                            Am I way out there or are you really saying "dem or rep" haha.

Comment

I am a fundamentalist

Comment

Working...
                              X