No announcement yet.

Salvation Regeneration Doctrine Lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT Salvation Regeneration Doctrine Lost?

In Central America there are thousands of people who think they are going to heaven because they were baptised as infants. As true Christians we would ridicule this idea however the exact same thing happens in the majority of Christian churches across the world where people believe they are saved because of a decision they made, or a prayer they prayed long ago.

Ephesians 2:8-9 reads "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

It is crucial that people understand that salvation has absolutely nothing to do with us and that it is purely God working amongst us with his grace.

We know that the gate is small and the way is narrow and that few shall enter in however the evidence that someone truly passed through the small gate is that they are now on the narrow path is it not?

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Mat 7:16 Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them.

Now I am not advocating salvation by works, that is blasphemy to say the least. I am also not saying that some people are more saved than others but rather that truly saved Christians will be known their fruits.

Salvation is by the grace of God, through faith that was also given to us by God. (See Eph 2:8-9) It is not a conscious decision to jump out of the line going to hell and into the line going to heaven that saves us. It is the grace of God, through faith given to us by God.

Upon being saved, the believer is regenerated and this, right here, is what sets apart the "carnal" church-attenders from the saved Christians. Regeneration involves a changing of the soul. It is about loving the God you once hated and ignored. It is about hating the sin that you once loved.

The evidence that you truly repented to God long ago is that you are still repenting today. Christians speak of heaven as a place where we will live our lives in service and praise of the Almighty, my question, why not start now?

This doctrine of regeneration is entirely scriptural and has been part of Baptist theology for hundreds of years. It is NOT a new radical new age interpretation. From Spurgeon to Luther, all the great preachers believed in the doctrine of regeneration. The problem is that this new, modern "5 steps to heaven" tomfoolery is not scriptural in the slightest. Never did Jesus say that if we asked him into our hearts and lived like the devil that we would spend eternity with him. Instead he said that on the day of judgement he will tell "carnal" men that he "never knew them", them which "work iniquity". (Mat 7:23)

It is impossible for a human to be sinless, we will slip and slide in sin for all of our lives - that is our curse, however our salvation is evidently proven by the change in attitude and regeneration, without which there is no evidence that Christ knows them.

For more information visit these links:

Article about the doctrine: http://www.founders.org/journal/fj02/article2.html

Southern Baptist Minister Paul Washer shocks youths with biblical yet unpopular message: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8

Please fire away but I would ask for contribution at least and not just flaming for the sake of flaming.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Anikaii View Post
    In Central America there are thousands of people who think they are going to heaven because they were baptised as infants. As true Christians we would ridicule this idea however the exact same thing happens in the majority of Christian churches across the world where people believe they are saved because of a decision they made, or a prayer they prayed long ago.

Ephesians 2:8-9 reads "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

It is crucial that people understand that salvation has absolutely nothing to do with us and that it is purely God working amongst us with his grace.

We know that the gate is small and the way is narrow and that few shall enter in however the evidence that someone truly passed through the small gate is that they are now on the narrow path is it not?

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Mat 7:16 Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them.

Now I am not advocating salvation by works, that is blasphemy to say the least. I am also not saying that some people are more saved than others but rather that truly saved Christians will be known their fruits.

Salvation is by the grace of God, through faith that was also given to us by God. (See Eph 2:8-9) It is not a conscious decision to jump out of the line going to hell and into the line going to heaven that saves us. It is the grace of God, through faith given to us by God.

Upon being saved, the believer is regenerated and this, right here, is what sets apart the "carnal" church-attenders from the saved Christians. Regeneration involves a changing of the soul. It is about loving the God you once hated and ignored. It is about hating the sin that you once loved.

The evidence that you truly repented to God long ago is that you are still repenting today. Christians speak of heaven as a place where we will live our lives in service and praise of the Almighty, my question, why not start now?

This doctrine of regeneration is entirely scriptural and has been part of Baptist theology for hundreds of years. It is NOT a new radical new age interpretation. From Spurgeon to Luther, all the great preachers believed in the doctrine of regeneration. The problem is that this new, modern "5 steps to heaven" tomfoolery is not scriptural in the slightest. Never did Jesus say that if we asked him into our hearts and lived like the devil that we would spend eternity with him. Instead he said that on the day of judgement he will tell "carnal" men that he "never knew them", them which "work iniquity". (Mat 7:23)

It is impossible for a human to be sinless, we will slip and slide in sin for all of our lives - that is our curse, however our salvation is evidently proven by the change in attitude and regeneration, without which there is no evidence that Christ knows them.

For more information visit these links:

Article about the doctrine: http://www.founders.org/journal/fj02/article2.html

Southern Baptist Minister Paul Washer shocks youths with biblical yet unpopular message: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8

Please fire away but I would ask for contribution at least and not just flaming for the sake of flaming.

Thank you.
    Excellent article. I think it does a good job to show that salvation is not a pit-stop, but instead a covenant that we are called into. Thus, when the Bible says "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it," we can take comfort knowing that He is there during our sanctification, faithfully guiding us.

Those, however, who accept Christ as "fire insurance" or say a magical prayer and go off on their merry way are in danger, for they have not truly entered into a relationship with Him.

Also, the doctrine isn't lost. There are still some of us who believe it. I will say, however, that I'm quite surprised to see a Southern Baptist (presumably from some of the stuff you mentioned in your article) supporting it...you must be loved, especially by your new president.

Comment

"Salvation is an every aspect a work of God on behalf of man, and is in no aspect a work of man on behalf of God." Brad Strand

Comment

To Apothanein Kerdos

I couldn't agree more Apothanein Kerdos and to clarify, I'm not Southern Baptist but I do listen to some of their material.

Praise God that there are still those who believe in Salvation with Regeneration resulting. It's just sad that millions of people in our churches believe themselves to be saved and yet they will end up in a lake of brimstone for eternity.

If I seemed aggressive in the article it's because this doctrine of salvation and consequent regeneration is one I hold dear to and I must say, I picked up a scent of "5 steps to heaven" syndrome in another topic.

Sold Out I like the quote. Thank you.

In Christ,
        Ryan

Comment

I think Repentance could be added to the list of things being lost aswell, i live in Scotland and my problem is just trying to find a Protestant church that actually reads the Bible !

Comment

I couldn't agree more Apothanein Kerdos and to clarify, I'm not Southern Baptist but I do listen to some of their material.

Praise God that there are still those who believe in Salvation with Regeneration resulting. It's just sad that millions of people in our churches believe themselves to be saved and yet they will end up in a lake of brimstone for eternity.

If I seemed aggressive in the article it's because this doctrine of salvation and consequent regeneration is one I hold dear to and I must say, I picked up a scent of "5 steps to heaven" syndrome in another topic.

In Christ,
            Ryan
            There is no salvation without regeneration.

Comment

True, Butch5 and this is one of the main issues that works-orientated Catholics I know cannot stand about what they perceive to be protestantism where its one prayer and a life of sinfulness.

We need to light the way and be in the world and not of the world.

Praise God that we have the chance.

Comment

In Christ,
                Ryan
                I agree salvation without regeneration is a big problem. I believe the faith alone doctrine is partially the cause of this. Millions of people think, if they say they believe, they have just bought a ticket to heaven. And OSAS is another that causes the same problem.

Comment

Working...
                X