Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people who deny the divinty/sacrifice of Jesus suffer eternal damnation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do people who deny the divinty/sacrifice of Jesus suffer eternal damnation?

    What do each of you believe?

    Supporting verses may be used but they aren't vital.
    38
    Yes. Denying Jesus send one to Hell forever
    84.21%
    32
    No. (explain what does happen please)
    15.79%
    6

  • #2
    It pretty much boils down to is Jesus who he said he is ?

    I believe so and if he is the Son of God and has made attonement of sins for his people and it is rejected...then i would not want to stand before the Lord on judgement day in my own rightousness as we know they are as filthy rags. It's not just that he was crucified and went through physical pain it was the seperation and crushing of his Son that took place and to reject that and stand on your own without the sacrifice that has been given for attonement..... were else can a person go.

    what are your thoughts ? and is that Gene wilder as your avitar ?
    Last edited by Rullion Green; Jul 12th 2008, 03:31 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
      what are your thoughts ?
      Well, I'm not Christian. So it should be pretty obvious what my thoughts are on the subject.
      and is that Gene wilder as your avitar ?
      The one and only...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fenris View Post
        Well, I'm not Christian. So it should be pretty obvious what my thoughts are on the subject.

        The one and only...
        i didn't expect you to agree with my Christian view just a small opinion on your question as i'm interested in your views.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
          i didn't expect you to agree with my Christian view just a small opinion on your question as i'm interested in your views.
          Fair enough.

          For the record, I am not going to answer my own poll question since it's the Christian perspective that we're discussing here.

          Comment


          • #6
            To be more specific your opinion of Isaiah 64:6. but you dont have to answer it was you who asked the question

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fenris View Post
              Fair enough.

              For the record, I am not going to answer my own poll question since it's the Christian perspective that we're discussing here.
              thats fair enough Fenris

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
                To be more specific your opinion of Isaiah 64:6. but you dont have to answer it was you who asked the question
                Do you mean 64:5? And we are all become as one that is unclean, and all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment; and we all do fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

                Isaiah lived in a generation that saw the destruction of the Temple and the exile of the Jewish people. Obviously that generation was very sinful, and God punished them for it. It was that generation that he was addressing about their sinful nature. Not all of mankind for all time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                  Do you mean 64:5? And we are all become as one that is unclean, and all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment; and we all do fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

                  Isaiah lived in a generation that saw the destruction of the Temple and the exile of the Jewish people. Obviously that generation was very sinful, and God punished them for it. It was that generation that he was addressing about their sinful nature. Not all of mankind for all time.
                  Yeah 64:6 in my bible ? anyway thanks for your answer, i wont take it any firther, it was your question sorry to but in

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ... Of course you know that I answered to the affirmative and it is, in large, because as a Christian I do view the Jewish Bible known to us as the Old Testament in the light shed, by God, through the commentary, known to you as our New Testament. The Gospel of Matthew, was written to the Jewish believers in God and is therefore written to you. Dispite the fact that the Book of Matthew was not, primarily, written for my people one of my most loved passages from the Bible is Matt. 27:50-53.
                    ... I'm sure that we will agree that the Jewish Saints were in Paradise before Jesus and I believe you would still place them there but I place them in Heaven with our Father, God. The entire issue hinges on the one statement that Jesus made that made the leaders of Judea so mad and He was either telling the truth or he was a liar or a mad man. The most amazing thing about this point is that unless you accept it on faith and faith alone there is never to be any affirmation that it is true. On the other hand, the very moment I believed, I was filled with the Holy Spirit of God and the LORD has been with me from that moment forward.
                    ... Just as Abraham believed God, by faith alone, and was saved, so it is with God in the flesh, without faith in Him all is just lost.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I voted no because it's a tricky question that deserves examination on a deeper level.

                      On the one hand, Jesus said,

                      But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

                      This seems fairly straightforward until we come to Peter's denial of Jesus.

                      Jesus said to him, "Truly I say to you that this night, before a cock crows, you shall deny Me three times." Peter says to Him, "Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You." All the disciples said the same thing too.

                      I wouldn't be too careful to reserve judgment of someone who denies Jesus. As we see above, Jesus' emphatic statement about denial is mitigated in practice by his wisdom and mercy. I think the warning is strong, real, and significant. But I can't say the application of the consequences are automatic.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the question is more about one who denies the deity of Christ for their whole life as opposed to someone like Peter who only did it at a moment in time. Maybe Fenris will qualify it for us so we know what he is looking for but sense I saw the thread that sprouted the question, I am pretty sure he is speaking of someone that dies while denying Christ's divinity.
                        Matt 9:13
                        13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                        NASU

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                          I think the question is more about one who denies the deity of Christ for their whole life as opposed to someone like Peter who only did it at a moment in time. Maybe Fenris will qualify it for us so we know what he is looking for but sense I saw the thread that sprouted the question, I am pretty sure he is speaking of someone that dies while denying Christ's divinity.
                          Let's say it's someone who lived their whole life and never once accepted Jesus's divinity.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Intersesting discussion .

                            Denying Jesus Christ's sacrifice, denying He died for a person's sins thus allowing them to have access to God through Him (John 14:6), not repenting or one's sins, not seeking God's forgiveness and not accepting the free gift of salvation would condemn a person to eternal damnation.

                            I'm not so sure that a person is condemned for denying the divinity of Christ. After all some people hardly have a grasp of who Jesus is when they get saved, apart from finally believing that He died for their sins and through Him they have some sort of relationship with God. The understanding of His divinity has come later in some cases I know (and even then it is usually a first based on what others tell a person). Real certainty often only comes one
                            has allowed one's faith to be developed by personal bible study etc, by revelation (Rom 10:17).

                            Only God can really judge when a person is denying what has been plainly revealed to them by Him.
                            If one member suffers, all suffer together ESV, 1Co 12:26a

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                              Let's say it's someone who lived their whole life and never once accepted Jesus's divinity.
                              We do need to examine this even deeper before we can fairly answer what is a baited question.

                              This is the first question we must answer before we answer your question.

                              How does one deny Christ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X