Repentance through the eyes of the gospel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen! Repentance and obedience are key.
    And oh the reward to those who truly "turn from their wicked ways", beginning with those in the churches.

https://youtu.be/5yvmgNBQrjk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael (limmuwd) View Post
      Amen! Repentance and obedience are key.
      And oh the reward to those who truly "turn from their wicked ways", beginning with those in the churches.

https://youtu.be/5yvmgNBQrjk
      Amen ....how do sinners , accomplish that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Follower1977 View Post
        Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.‭ Philippians‬ ‭3:12-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬
        For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. 16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God. Gal 6:15-16

Comment

Originally posted by jake2020 View Post
          For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. 16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God. Gal 6:15-16
          Look at what he's saying up to that point

Comment

You,have to,look at the section not only a line , he's actually telling us the right mindset to have on his issue .which is where the original comment you replied to came from , Christians path looks like this it's meant to keep us growing up in Christ , and not becoming complacent thinking we are perfect , anyone who abides on the gospel teachings of the savior , will never come to that conclusion of Themself , but rather to this mindset ...

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect:

but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.”

live up , to what you yourself have attained , understanding , we are accountable , for what we know , not what someone else knows . Christianity is centered on the truth that we are not perfect , Jesus understood it well , and he came to be among us , one of us , took on our nature , jumped into the Mud pit that we ourselves created , and made a way out suffered and died , then went home to wait for those who will believe his word , to be perfect and abide in Christ's word , is to press toward the mark , understanding we are not there yet. but above all things there is his mercy and forebearance towards us , it doesn't end at the cross , we have a high oriest advocating for us , one who's not willing to turn us away from the throne of Grace where he rules and reigns by , his word in the everlasting gospel .

Comment

Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. 16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God. Gal 6
              Look at what he's saying up to that point

You,have to,look at the section not only a line , he's actually telling us the right mindset to have on his issue
              Paul is merely stating the obvious, that the inheritance is of faith, not of works of the law.
              Christians path looks like this it's meant to keep us growing up in Christ , and not becoming complacent thinking we are perfect ,
              The complacent are those who are "always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." 2 Tim 3:7
              anyone who abides on the gospel teachings of the savior , will never come to that conclusion of Themself ,
              For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
              For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 1 Tim 2
              but rather to this mindset ......understanding we are not there yet.
              Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
              Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.
              Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers, and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy...Rom 15:5-9
              ..., it doesn't end at the cross , we have a high oriest advocating for us , one who's not willing to turn us away from the throne of Grace where he rules and reigns by , his word in the everlasting gospel .
              Thank you captain obvious.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest...Heb 5:9

Comment

Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. 16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God. Gal 6

Paul is merely stating the obvious, that the inheritance is of faith, not of works of the law.

The complacent are those who are "always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." 2 Tim 3:7

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
                For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 1 Tim 2

Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
                Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.
                Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers, and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy...Rom 15:5-9
                Thank you captain obvious.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest...Heb 5:9

okay somehat hat was your point to begin with ? Captain obvious ? Yeah those are pretty funny commercials . But I'm not looking to argue and insult lol... Let me ask domyou obey Jesus? Or are you looking at the Ten Commandments still?

we we should have a goal of no sin for,ourself , but we cannot lose sight of the fact that we have mercy still . And to pretend

“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:7-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”
                ‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Okay so you quoted there about " promises through the prophets , being now fulfilled " , here is one of those promises made through Israel showing us the light which would come , the law and testimony of Jesus Christ

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people. My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.”
                ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭51:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.”
                ‭‭John‬ ‭8:24-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so then let's you and I , stand in the light for a moment and then consider what happens when we stand in the light .

And the sinless believer stands in the light

“But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

... But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure
                , pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall be given into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
                ‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:27-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

domyoumsee how how whatbjesus is teaching , isn't a rule list , but a spirit , an understanding we are to accept and believe and then follow through our lives ? Or for instance the Good Samaritan parable , most of us will never be in the exact situation of the parable , it's meant to impart the spirit of the love of God for one another .....to really truly love in word and deed also , not only " I love everyone " but to learn the teachings and live after that spirit of Christ sent out in his word, which if we believe ....is salvation.

That's just a bit of light shining , that's who were following ....he already knows we're sinners , it's why he came to teach and save us there is no perfect Christian , there are those who hear and believe and those who say they believe , but don't want to hear it ....because they seek it and then start seeing themselves being found a sinner too, and it's better to dwell out in the shadows rather than in the light that makes manifest and reproves our sin because we believe Jesus Christ

Press on toward the goal but stand in the light for purification .....most will reject is light because it shines on them . " that's not important just the Ten Commandments" sinless I say sinless....but turn on the light first , and see the high goal which you and I are both striving toward , guided by the spirit in teachings like this . im not really sure about you , but there are four gospel accounts full of light , this is a small sample of the light which will bring Reoentance ,, but first it will destroy anyone's pride and self righteousness.

if if you've sinned once , your as guilty as anyone else . Which is why we need the gospel . Sure we have to repent and obey ,,,,,,Jesus Christ and what he taught . I'm positive when people are focused on sinless mess , it's because they have not actually heard the light of the gospel . We do absolutely need to repent and believe the gospel , or were not gonna make it , because try as we may , were sinners who need repentance , that's found in Christ's word who came to call sinners to repentance , through faith and belief in doctrine like above in his word . We're meant to,keep these things in us letting them rule our mind and heart , and therefore were led by the spirit of Christ . whomwill sanctify , but only those who come to his light .

Anyways , sorry we disagreed and I became " captain obvious " lol peace to you my friend . I'm gonna leave this conversation here for my part , and just encourage you to let the light shine on every area of the heart unless maybe you have , not my place to,know , but if not , to go to Christ and his word will lead where we need to go .

Comment

Just to continue with the light , this is why people avoid the things Jesus taught

“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”
                  ‭‭John‬ ‭3:19-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The light of Christ will show any believer they also have sin to deal with , no matter what they thought before also , his words teach us how to live , believe , think , what to hope for how God really is , how he actually loves mankind , he's trying to save us from our sin not destroy us for it , he's had plenty of just opportunities to destroy mankind for sinfulness but he wants , he wills that we hear and relent and live these kind of things are light for a believer in Jesus Christ but we have to actually believe his way , he's a teacher about God the father among many other titles he holds he's telling us the truth about almighty God and mankind.

.paul then further reveals these things later as the Holy Spirit has taught him regarding what Jesus is saying there and also what John is saying about " standing in the light , and having the blood purify our sins " remember a covenant first has the word of the covenant , then blood is shed . The first was the word of Moses , and the blood of animals . The new is the word of Jesus Christ , and his blood shed for the remission of,our sins , the blood of the eternal covenant . But rather , back to the light and Paul continuing regarding the light , making sin manifest and causing the reproval of sin.

“But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.”
                  ‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:13-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

its T S darkness to believe Gods will is to destroy a man for his sin , though he is just by the law to do so ......but we have to see him in the glory of Jesus Christ his only son , the only savior , messiah and lord . He himself is the image of the invisible God , he gives the understanding of the true God , the father who's trying and willing to save us still , by telling us the truth

Comment

... Let me ask domyou obey Jesus? Or are you looking at the Ten Commandments still?
                    Clearly you're not paying attention:
                    ...if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
                    If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the teaching which conforms with godliness, 4 he is conceited and ignorant. 1 Tim 6
                    Paul touches on this false doctrine that came from his ministry also , people were taking his letters , much like they do today , grabbing a few lines creating a doctrine that says " it's okay to sin now
                    And then you have some that can't fathom that we are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Rom 3:23-24

we're not under the law ,
                    Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. Rom 3:31

He provided redemption for his people; He ordained his covenant forever—
                    Holy and awesome is his name. Psalm 111:9-10

we'll never be judged
                    Don't hate, appreciate.
                    24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. John 5

....people use the bible as if each sentance carries its own message so what happens is you have a grace crowd that quotes Pauls best one liners , then they argue eternal salvation ,
                    And then of course you have a pack of wolves howling about something they can't grasp.

And this is what he promised us—eternal life. 1 John 2:25

Comment

Clearly you're not paying attention:

If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the teaching which conforms with godliness, 4 he is conceited and ignorant. 1 Tim 6

And then you have some that can't fathom that we are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Rom 3:23-24

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. Rom 3:31

He provided redemption for his people; He ordained his covenant forever—
                      Holy and awesome is his name. Psalm 111:9-10

Don't hate, appreciate.
                      24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. John 5

And then of course you have a pack of wolves howling about something they can't grasp.

And this is what he promised us—eternal life. 1 John 2:25

ots odd to me how many different ways , some pretty creative , that people use to completely avoid what's plainly stated in scripture ....at least you don't resort to insults , or anything ....of course that isn't Christ like , I do,appreciate that , again . I hope to discuss and find agreement elsewhere , I know sometimes it's hard to judge " tone " with text ...but I'm not willing to be drawn into a fruitless argument , it's not what I'm in this forum for , thanks for your very mature , attitude and well informed scriptural replies .....God bless you

Comment

Amen ....how do sinners , accomplish that ?
                        By turning aside from those things which the Lord reveals to us "will not inherit the Kingdom."
                        Jesus told those that He forgave and set free, "Go and sin no more", and "Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." (see John 8:11 and John 5:14)

Repentance is for sinners whom God has revealed Truth to: Truth of the consequences of sin; Truth of what Christ really accomplished almost 2000 years ago.

The Finger of God is not pointed so much at the world, put at those in the churches, telling us to "lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus..." (Heb 12:1-2)

For truly, "unless you repent you will all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3)

May we be found among those who are truly repenting as we "struggle against sin, resisting even to the point of shedding our blood." (Heb 12:4}

Comment

I'm positive when people are focused on sinless mess , it's because they have not actually heard the light of the gospel . We do absolutely need to repent and believe the gospel
                          Again, believers focused on the spotless Lamb.

ots odd to me how many different ways , some pretty creative , that people use to completely avoid what's plainly stated in scripture ....
                          Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead ...1 Peter 1

Comment

Working...
                          X