Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ?

I do not want to open a boring thread right now, but there are those who believe that God the Father also represents Jesus the Son. The apostles teach from one throne, yet the Son sits with the Father.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

A couple of good points.
    Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

Originally posted by angelmike View Post
      Is God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ?
      No, they are separate persons. It is Modalism that teaches that there is no Trinity and that one person is God acting in different modes or roles which isn't biblical.
      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

I do not want to open a boring thread right now, but there are those who believe that God the Father also represents Jesus the Son
        The Bible is pretty clear that Jesus represents the Father. Not the other way around.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

I think it’s safe to say that Jesus also represents the sinner by having our sin nature imputed to Him.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Comment

Originally posted by MailmanGuy View Post

The Bible is pretty clear that Jesus represents the Father. Not the other way around.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

I think it’s safe to say that Jesus also represents the sinner by having our sin nature imputed to Him.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
          Are you talking about one throne or two?

Comment

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
            James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Are you talking about one throne or two?
              I’m sorry, I took a “rabbit trail”

I see only one. God’s.

Christ’s throne exists within God’s, very similar to the twelve thrones existing within Christ’s. (Matthew 19:28)
              At some point after the White Throne Judgment, Christ will turn over The Kingdom to the Father since all glory belongs to Him.
              1 Corinthians 15:28 When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son will also himself be subjected to Him who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all.

Comment

Originally posted by MailmanGuy View Post

I’m sorry, I took a “rabbit trail”

I see only one. God’s.

Christ’s throne exists within God’s,
                Christ's throne is on the right side of the Father's throne making two thrones as seen here:

Rev_3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

1. My throne
                2. His throne.

Comment

What the Trinity is, and what the Trinity isn't.
                  --Deuteronomy
                  Matthew 5
                  16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
                  12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
                  1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
                  15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Comment

Working...
                  X