Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleansed by the blood, for which sin are we judged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleansed by the blood, for which sin are we judged?

If we are completely cleansed for which sin will we be judged.

We are completely cleansed of sins we have repented of.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Will Christians stand with the Sheep and what will be our Judgement?

Comment

Originally posted by rhern View Post
        Will Christians stand with the Sheep and what will be our Judgement?
        True Sheep are always classified as Christian whether Jew or Gentile.
        Judgment is positive as his grace is sufficient for the repentant heart.

Comment

Jesus spoke of His sheep, they are descendants of the promise to Israel. under the Law

But we are the Body of Christ, under grace, Christ is the Head of the Body, will the Body of Christ be Judged?

1 Corinthians 12:27
          Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Comment

Jesus spoke of His sheep, they are descendants of the promise to Israel. under the Law
            Not so.
            Jesus said he had other sheep not of that fold.

John 10:16

I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

Comment

It seems to me that the Lord Jesus speaks of two different folds of sheep that are His, the first, believing Jews, the other, believing Gentiles, and that both folds are meant to come together as one believing flock in Christ .. John 10:14-16.

This passage (John 10) speaks of us, His sheep, hearing His voice, of us knowing Him, and of Him knowing us, of Him laying His life down for us because we are His sheep, because He is the Good Shepherd, and of our receiving eternal life from Him as a result.

It even speaks of the nature of believers (be they Jews or Gentiles), that we all choose to believe ~because~ we are His sheep, His elect .. John 10:26-28, (and why others do not choose to believe in Him .. see v26).

Finally, I'm not sure how being "under the law" in Israel fits into all of this, but I am hoping that you might explain it to us.

Thanks

--Deut

John 10
              3 This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Matthew 5
              16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
              12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
              1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
              15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Comment

Hello again rhern, the saints will ~not~ be judged and condemned along with the reprobate in the Judgment at the Great White Throne .. e.g. John 3:18, 5:24. Rather, the works the we do (or that fail to do) in this life as believers will be judged by the Lord Jesus so that we may be rewarded for them .. or not .. e.g. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15; 2 Corinthians 5:6-10.

--Deut
                Matthew 5
                16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
                12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
                1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
                15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Comment

We will be judged by our deeds , this is true , repetetively it appears in the gospel , Jesus , Peter , Paul , James ...

Understanding who the judge is , and what the judge said the gospel is the word of the eternal judge , Jesus Christ . We are sinners already judged guilty by the law of sin and death. Now we have a new and eternal covenant , and we have the law of the spirit of life , the law of mercy is our jidgement in Christ he died for our sins , we now are judged according to mercy

Judge not lest Ye be judged said the king , forgive and you will be forgiven , said the king , do not condemn and you will not be condemned said the judge , give and it will be given to you in greater measure , for with the measure you use toward others , it shall be measured to you ....said the judge and eternal King. We truly are not under Moses law , we are in the gospel. we have to repent or our sins , when you slap someone , you don't pretend you didn't , it should cause a person sorrow inside when we treat someone wrong....life in Christ isn't about being judged by our sins , we already have been its why Jesus had to die for us . The law says " sinners must die " Jesus died in our place , now we belong to him , to his covenant and kingdom . ....

Notice there aren't a list of rules ? What he teaches is the spirit of hoe to treat other people . Ultimately sin , is when you do something wrong , to another person...we lie , to one another , cheat...one another ...commit adultery against each other , kill each other , commit violence against each other ...steal from ...each other ect ...those things are sin . To do harm to another person even ...lies , gossip , false witness ect....if you look at Genesis chapter six , we see that because mankind had become so wicked in thier minds and hearts ...." It repented the lord that he had made man on the earth , and it grieved him at his heart "

if I were to steal from my neighbor , then saw him looking for what I stole one day , it might repent me in my heart ....I might see the wrong I have done , and learn the lesson about stealing ....leading to a change in behavior .

repentance isn't to one day decide you are now sinless and will never be tempted again , it's a process of acknowledging the truth , that we each one will be judged according to our deeds . Jesus tells a great parable about a man who is brought before the king and he owes a great amount he cannot pay , the demand is made for his life and family ...but he pleads with the king for mercy , and time to lay his great debt .

Well the king is merciful and moved with compassion toward the man , so the king forgives his great debt completely , tells him you owe nothing now . The man leaves with great joy because of this , but he sees on the way ....a man who owes him a small amount . He attacks the man , ceases him and demands payment immediately. The second man cannot pay his small debt , so the man has him jailed u til he can pay .....

Well the king hears about what the forgiven man has done and he summons him back into his chamber. He is livid over what this man has done " I forgave you your great debt , and you had no mercy on this other man who owed you ....so now your debt is reinstated in full and you will be thrown in prison and tormented unti you can pay in full ....remembering he could not pay the debt to begin with ..Jesus ends this parable saying " this is how my Heavenly Father will treat all of you , unless you forgive your neighbor from the heart " he is the eternal judge ....

You see , were judged by mercy. God has truly forgiven us and we are bound to walk in repentance , which means to treat other people right , honor others help when you can , brotherly love .....but also we are held to a standard of how we treat others when we come to Christ , do we forgive ? Condemn ? Encourage ? Criticize ! Do we take revenge ? Do we demand others are held accountable and forget we have been forgiven ???

"let us live as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty , for judgement without mercy will be given to those who have not been merciful , mercy triumphs over jidgement ....blessed are the merciful , they will receive mercy ...forgive and you will be forgiven ..."

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

Not so.
                    Jesus said he had other sheep not of that fold.

John 10:16

I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.
                    The Greek won't let you, other is in Greek "allos" in John 10:16, which is another of the same kind, so the other fold are the Israelite in diaspora. If God would have meant gentiles the word "heteros" would have been used, this means another of a different kind. Jews (Israelite) and gentiles are of a different kind.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
                    a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
                    rightly dividing the word of truth."
                    2 Tim. 2:15

Comment

Adonijah replied:
                      The Greek won't let you, other is in Greek "allos" in John 10:16, which is another of the same kind, so the other fold are the Israelite in diaspora. If God would have meant gentiles the word "heteros" would have been used, this means another of a different kind. Jews (Israelite) and gentiles are of a different kind.

Yes, not only Gentiles but Christians of the Body of Christ. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Adonijah View Post

Are not believers from all nations regarded as his sheep?

Matt 25
                        31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
                        32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
                        33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

Gentiles share in the inheritance yes?

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 3:6

to be specific, that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel,

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

Are not believers from all nations regarded as his sheep?

Matt 25
                          31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
                          32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
                          33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

Gentiles share in the inheritance yes?

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 3:6

to be specific, that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel,
                          Yep. Says "All nations." That's not just Israel.
                          Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Comment

Originally posted by Adonijah View Post
                            Hello Adonijah, that's possible, I suppose, but I believe it highly unlikely for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that v16 not only speaks of multiple "folds", it also speaks of those folds coming together as one "flock" with one Shepherd.

Ephesians 4
                            4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;
                            5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
                            6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Secondly, the principle focus of John 10 isn't on Jews, it's on believers, all who have heard, believed and have come to know Jesus, and who have been granted eternal life by Him because they have. Therefore, I believe that "allos" is the proper Greek word in this case because it speaks of "others .. of the same kind", that is to say, of "believers".

Jesus' "other sheep" (the ones He spoke of in v16) are Gentile believers. The Pharisees are an example of "heteros" sheep, non-believing Jews who were are not led out to pasture by the Savior, these are the sheep of a "different kind".

--Deut

John 3
                            16 God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
                            Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3

Comment

was not Jesus ministering only to the Jews and not the Gentiles

Comment

Working...
                              X