Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleansed by the blood, for which sin are we judged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhern View Post

Matthew 25: 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Yes to the Jews ...No to the Christian
    The Jews; this inheritance was the promise give to the fathers: Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham,
    ... they are of the Law , this is the spirit of Bondage.

No, not for the Body of Christ,12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise

Christians have a better inheritance, they are co heirs with Christ. Ephsians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision

Romans 8
    15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

The promise to Abraham is for Jew and Gentile. We are all Sons of God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Gal 3
    6 Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.
    7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham.
    8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations will be blessed in you.”
    9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”—
    14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
    27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
    28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Gal 3
      6 Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.
      7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham.
      8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations will be blessed in you.”
      9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

Yes I cannot argue with scripture, you are correct.

I am perplexed that the Gal. does not mention the cleansing Blood or Members of the Body of Christ.
      It does speak much about: 18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise... very Jewish.

Paul was a progressive teacher, in the beginning after the incident in Damascus he started teaching in the name of Jesus the Christ like Philip and Peter.
      He gradually began teaching about the cross and the blood as in Romans.
      Therefore I would guess Galatians may have been written early in his ministry?

either way I see your point

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

Its a picture of the restoration of all things from before the fall of Man. That's what we inherit.
        This is not correct "the restoration of all things" doesn't look back to before the fall of man, but to the beginning of the current aion which started with Noah after the flood. There were no prophets before the fall of man yet Acts 3:21 says "...the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began". The words "since the world began" are the wrong translation of the Greek: ap aionos.

So, that is not what "we" inherit.
        "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
        a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
        rightly dividing the word of truth."
        2 Tim. 2:15

Comment

Originally posted by Adonijah View Post

This is not correct "the restoration of all things" doesn't look back to before the fall of man, but to the beginning of the current aion which started with Noah after the flood.
          The restoration of ALL things has to include the removal of death , sin , pain, just like it was at the foundation of the world.
          Its not a mere restoration on the first earth , but all things are made new.

Rev 21
          Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
          5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said,
          “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. 7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

This is what we inherit when all things are made new at his coming and the restoration of all things. Act 3 , matt 25.

Comment

The restoration of ALL things has to include the removal of death , sin , pain, just like it was at the foundation of the world.
            Its not a mere restoration on the first earth , but all things are made new.

Rev 21
            Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
            5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said,
            “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. 7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

This is what we inherit when all things are made new at his coming and the restoration of all things. Act 3 , matt 25.
            What surprises me is that you consider this to be for "us" as gentiles or combined gentiles/Jews and seem to completely go passed what was promised to Israel. Those who follow Paul should know that the revelation is written to Israel, not to gentiles.

Paul says in Rom. 8:29 - a letter written to the Church of God, not to Israel -: "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren", they do not need the water of life, cause they no longer live in the flesh, they are like the angels, Mat. 22:20, they don't die anymore, Luke 20:36 says "Neither can they die any more..." so again those who belong to that group, hence have the faith of Abraham, don't need the water of life.

So "we" don't inherit that and that is not what the restoration of all things is about.

Comment

Originally posted by rhern View Post
              If we are completely cleansed for which sin will we be judged.
              We are completely cleansed from the original sin from Adam and then charged to live righteously in Christ and not sin. However, this is nearly impossible for man is inherently sinful in nature. Even the great apostle Paul lamented on the struggle between the spirit of God in us and our flesh (Rom 7:14-21). I believe that as believers, we all identify with this famous statement from Paul.

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

So the sins for which we shall be judged pertain to the sins and transgressions we commit.

Comment

This is not true either, see Acts 11:26 which is about Jews, this follows from v. 19 "Now they which were scattered abroad (Greek: diaspeiro) upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only."

The separation of Barnabas and Saul (Paul) only occurs in Acts 13, so before that the only converted gentile is Cornelius and those with him.
                You are correct. I agree with you.

Comment

What surprises me is that you consider this to be for "us" as gentiles or combined gentiles/Jews and seem to completely go passed what was promised to Israel. Those who follow Paul should know that the revelation is written to Israel, not to gentiles.

The promise of the inheritance was given to Abraham and those who share his faith. Did you see post 31?

Luke 3:8

Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father,’ for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

Romans 4:16

For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Comment

The promise of the inheritance was given to Abraham and those who share his faith. Did you see post 31?

Luke 3:8

Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father,’ for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

Romans 4:16

For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,
                    Yes I did, did you read v. 26? "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.", that's the difference. God made two promises to Abraham:
                    1. He promised him the land this is Abraham's literal offspring i.e. Israel. Gen. 13:14 "And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered."
                    2. He promised him the cosmos i.e. heavens and earth, this is his spiritual offspring, i.e. those who have the faith of Abraham as Rom. 4:12 says "And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised". These are blessed with Abraham Gal.3:9. This group is promised in Gen. 15:5 "And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be". In Hebrew the word "so" isn't a numeral but means "like this", "thus", therefore a heavenly seed is promised and they do not inherit the land. In Gen. 22:17 both promises are repeated: "That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies".
                    Israel as a nation is never called sons of God, that is only the remnant that God always preserves 1 Kings19:18, in Mathew they are never called Righteous all that is asked of them is to repent from their sins (stop breaking the Law and confess it) as Mark 6:12 says so clearly "And they went out, and preached that men should repent". Therefore Romans isn't talking to the nation of Israel, nor to gentiles but to the Church of God, as Rom. 1:16 says "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek".

The faith of Abraham was that he believed in the Lord Gen. 15:6, this is of the utmost important to God, see what He says to Moses and Aaron in Num. 20:12 "And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them." Unfortunately many nowadays don't believe the Lord either.

Comment

Working...
                    X