Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• every christian knows

what is power of satan

it's terrible ----i feel that power is in me-------i don't think satanic thoughts but i feel awful

Comment

oh ,poor pillory-----you know what and how alcohol effects to you,,,,clear your mind-----and feel free

Comment

not that awful,but own stupidity

Comment

I read this and your other post. God loves us and doesn't want to see us enslaved by sin. Yes, alcohol addiction is a sin not a disease. I might concede that it could be a disorder of sorts, but certainly not an incurable disease.

The only one who can free us from sin is the Son of God, Christ Jesus. Until you come to accept that alcohol addiction is not a disease, you'll continue to struggle.

May the peace of Christ be with you.
          Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

ohh,in the name of christ ----true----

Comment

does god hates,,,,,maybe not hates but slaves weaks--------it's not god who slaves----as weak it is

Comment

Originally posted by pillory View Post
                oh ,poor pillory-----you know what and how alcohol effects to you,,,,clear your mind-----and feel free
                Pillory, God ALWAYS provides an escape from the temptations before you:

1 Cor 10:13
                No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
                Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

i respect you----not to poison----i have poison in my blood----although the purpose was to get comfort

Comment

it's just so deep in me -----in vessels ,soul, dna-----to seek comfort from alcohol------i don't know ,but hated that need

Comment

not so much time to repent what i became------which i do everyday-----i am 56------i've tried even think that's my life time and purpose deal with god what to repent-----doesn't work----

Comment

actually i try to pray i'm not what i became

Comment

Actually, the only time God can help a person is when they're weak. For when we are weak He is strong (2 Corinthians 12:10).

Let me tell you, I'm around serious drunks (no disrespect intended) all the time. They've tried it all: programs, psychiatry, religion, you name it. I was once one myself. Nothing will work until you decide to put down the bottle and leave it down. God can't even help unless you're resolve is to quit—period. I know, the programs will say will power isn't enough. I agree. You can't do it by will power, but you can make a decision to do whatever it takes to stop drinking; you have to make that decision and mean it. If you don't feel you can do that, ask God to give you the resolve; and keep asking until he gives you what you need.
                          Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

pillory, has there ever been a day in your life where you were born again ? What I mean is that you felt God's conviction of your sin, and you understood that Christ died for your sin, the righteous for the unrighteous, so that He could bring you to God. Have you decided in your heart , with you whole heart, to follow Christ ?

My story is that I was trying for years to clean myself up before I came to Christ, but then God revealed to me that He wanted me to come to Him just like I am, and that HE would clean me up over the period of years, not days. In fact, I trusted in Christ 20 years ago, and He is STILL cleaning me up, and will until the day I go to be with Him.

Have you ever been truly born again ?

Comment

Working...
                            X