I'm gonna need a little more.
      Are Jews Christians

Comment

Don't know. What do you say?
        Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

Originally posted by rhern View Post

Are Jews Christians
          The first Christians were and God is calling the rest of them to join them.

Acts
          26 Agrippa said to Paul, “You are permitted to speak for yourself.” Then Paul stretched out his hand and proceeded to make his defense:

2 “In regard to all the things of which I am accused by the Jews, I consider myself fortunate, King Agrippa, that I am about to make my defense before you today; 3 especially because you are an expert in all customs and questions among the Jews; therefore I beg you to listen to me patiently.

4 “So then, all Jews know my manner of life from my youth up, which from the beginning was spent among my own nation and at Jerusalem; 5 since they have known about me for a long time, if they are willing to testify, that I lived as a Pharisee according to the strictest sect of our religion. 6 And now I am standing trial for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers; 7 the promise to which our twelve tribes hope to attain, as they earnestly serve God night and day. And for this hope, O King, I am being accused by Jews. 8 Why is it considered incredible among you people if God does raise the dead?

9 “So then, I thought to myself that I had to do many things hostile to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 10 And this is just what I did in Jerusalem; not only did I lock up many of the saints in prisons, having received authority from the chief priests, but also when they were being put to death I cast my vote against them. 11 And as I punished them often in all the synagogues, I tried to force them to blaspheme; and being furiously enraged at them, I kept pursuing them even to foreign cities.

12 “While so engaged as I was journeying to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests, 13 at midday, O King, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining all around me and those who were journeying with me. 14 And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew dialect, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 And I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And the Lord said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. 16 But get up and stand on your feet; for this purpose I have appeared to you, to appoint you a minister and a witness not only to the things which you have seen, but also to the things in which I will appear to you; 17 rescuing you from the Jewish people and from the Gentiles, to whom I am sending you, 18 to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.’

19 “So, King Agrippa, I did not prove disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 but kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance.

28 Agrippa replied to Paul, “In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian.”
          29 And Paul said, “I would wish to God, that whether in a short or long time, not only you, but also all who hear me this day, might become such as I am, except for these chains.”

And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Are Jews Christians
            Usually they practice Judaism. There are some who are Jewish racially but are Christian religiously.
            James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

When did the Christianity begin?

What is the statement of faith?

Are Jews Christian?
              Christianity began on the night after our Lord's resurrection in John 20:22. John 7:39 says that until our Lord was glorified the Spirit we should receive was not yet (given).

THE statement of faith is what a person, Church or sect writes down concerning their beliefs.

Jews are NOT Christians. If a Jew believes in Jesus and is converted he ceases to be a Jew. He is a New Creature without a past (2nd Cor.5:17). That is why both Galatians 3:28 and Colossians 3:11 confirms that in the Church there is no ethnicity.

Comment

Are Jews Christian?

At least Abel, possibly Adam and Eve.
                They didn’t use the word ‘Christian’ at that time, but any human being, redeemed to God by faith, through the reconciliation of the shed blood of Christ, is a Christian.

Jesus said, “blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.” John 20:29

This speaks of all believers of all ages past and future.

Jews who are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb are.
                Jews currently alive, in a state of unbelief, are the mission field.
                Jews who died in unbelief face the same eternal damnation as gentiles who die in unbelief.

Sin is a 1:1 condition for every human being.
                Jesus is the only way to defeat sin.
                Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.. Acts 4:12

Comment

Are Jews Christians
                  ======================

No.
                  To be a Christian one must believe in Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Jews do not believe that Christ came and will come again.

Comment

Originally posted by preston39 View Post

======================

No.
                    To be a Christian one must believe in Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Jews do not believe that Christ came and will come again.
                    Read several passages in Acts.

Over and over it say some Jews, multitudes, great multitudes believed....and some didn’t.

Most Gentiles do not believe. Most Jews do not believe.

But many Jews and Gentiles, an uncountable multitude, have and will continue to believe.

Jesus taught, “wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matt 7:13

Comment

Backing up what Brother David Taylor has written:

Jesus said "Abraham saw my day and rejoiced". Job said "I know my redeemer lives and that in the end, He will stand on the earth."

Formally, Christianity began when Jesus rose again. However, it has always been Jesus that saved. It was Jesus that was symbolized with the passover lamb. It was Jesus in the burning bush that stated "I AM that I AM". David prophetically saw Jesus. Moses prophetically saw Jesus. Job prophetically saw Jesus. Eve was looking for Jesus before she gave birth to a boy. But with each boy, she hoped he was the one that God had promised! (Check out what she named her sons and what she said about them.) So as far back as Eve, man has looked to Jesus for salvation.

God bless!
                      Matt 9:13
                      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                      NASU

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post

Read several passages in Acts.

Over and over it say some Jews, multitudes, great multitudes believed....and some didn’t.

Most Gentiles do not believe. Most Jews do not believe.

But many Jews and Gentiles, an uncountable multitude, have and will continue to believe.

Jesus taught, “wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matt 7:13
                        ============
                        There are Hebrews who believe in Christ...I am one of them.
                        But,if a Jew...they do not believe in the New Covenant/NewTestament. That is the Jewish faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                          Backing up what Brother David Taylor has written:

Jesus said "Abraham saw my day and rejoiced". Job said "I know my redeemer lives and that in the end, He will stand on the earth."

Formally, Christianity began when Jesus rose again. However, it has always been Jesus that saved. It was Jesus that was symbolized with the passover lamb. It was Jesus in the burning bush that stated "I AM that I AM". David prophetically saw Jesus. Moses prophetically saw Jesus. Job prophetically saw Jesus. Eve was looking for Jesus before she gave birth to a boy. But with each boy, she hoped he was the one that God had promised! (Check out what she named her sons and what she said about them.) So as far back as Eve, man has looked to Jesus for salvation.

God bless!
                          ===================
                          Do not confuse the Jew in the OT with the Jew in the NT.

Comment

Originally posted by preston39 View Post

===================
                            Do not confuse the Jew in the OT with the Jew in the NT.
                            Eve, Job, Noah, and Abraham were not Jews. Salvation is the same as it has always been, through faith in Jesus. They were saved looking to Jesus in the future and we are saved looking to Jesus resurrection in the past. Same Jesus. Same faith.

Jesus said "If you had beleived Moses, you would believe Me." All who believed Moses, believed Jesus and were saved. There is no confusion.

God bless!
                            Matt 9:13
                            13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                            NASU

Comment

When Jesus started His ministry, His dissipels followed Him, but they were only called christians later.Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Are Jews Christian?
                              Jews are the Hebrew people who can become Christians if they follow Christ.

Comment

Working...
                              X