Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus commanded them.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jesus commanded them.

    Jesus commanded them.
    Were the Jews require to obey?
    When could they stop obeying this commandment; did they stop?

    If the Word who is God, (who became flesh, who also handed Moses the 10 commandments,) could this command in Matthew 10:5-6 be considered equal to the 10 commandments.

    What do you think about this passage.

    Find passages to verify your answers.

    Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.


    Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.

  • #2
    Originally posted by rhern View Post
    Jesus commanded them.
    Were the Jews require to obey?
    When could they stop obeying this commandment; did they stop?

    If the Word who is God, (who became flesh, who also handed Moses the 10 commandments,) could this command in Matthew 10:5-6 be considered equal to the 10 commandments.

    What do you think about this passage.

    Find passages to verify your answers.

    Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.


    Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.
    To the TWELVE he never recanted this command. And so Galatians 2:7-9 tells us;

    7 "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
    8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles
    9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision."


    But once Israel's rejection of Him was complete He commissions the same TWELVE in Acts 1:8;

    8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

    And sure enough it comes to pass in Acts 11:15-18;

    15 "And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them (THE GENTILES), as on us at the beginning.
    16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
    17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
    18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."


    The COMMAND is not recanted, it is EXTENDED.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rhern View Post
      Jesus commanded them.
      Were the Jews require to obey?
      When could they stop obeying this commandment; did they stop?

      If the Word who is God, (who became flesh, who also handed Moses the 10 commandments,) could this command in Matthew 10:5-6 be considered equal to the 10 commandments.

      What do you think about this passage.

      Find passages to verify your answers.

      Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.


      Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.
      He didn't have to recant the commandment. He merely said for them not to go into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans until he ascends into heaven,

      And at the end of his message to them, he told them, "Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come (Matt 10:23)."

      Matthew 10:
      5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
      6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
      7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
      8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
      9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
      10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
      11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
      12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
      13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
      14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
      15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
      16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
      17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
      18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
      19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
      20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
      21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
      22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
      23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rhern View Post

        Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.


        Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.
        It was commanded only to the 12. When they died, the commandment ceased.

        James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rhern View Post
          Jesus commanded them.
          Were the Jews require to obey?
          When could they stop obeying this commandment; did they stop?

          If the Word who is God, (who became flesh, who also handed Moses the 10 commandments,) could this command in Matthew 10:5-6 be considered equal to the 10 commandments.

          What do you think about this passage.

          Find passages to verify your answers.

          Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.


          Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.
          As the Christ, Jesus also appeared to the Eleven (Twelve minus Judas) and gave them another commandment that is not a law, but the perfect will of God.

          Mark 16:14-15 KJV declares:
          Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
          [15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.


          So, Matthew 10:5-6 is a limited commandment at the beginning that remains a subset of a perfect/complete commandment at the end times.

          Note that the beginning or end times is not defined/measured by any calendar period of time, but measured by one's level of spiritual attainment.
          Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Glorious View Post

            As the Christ, Jesus also appeared to the Eleven (Twelve minus Judas) and gave them another commandment that is not a law, but the perfect will of God.

            Mark 16:14-15 KJV declares:
            [I][COLOR=#000080]Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
            [15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature

            So, Matthew 10:5-6 is a limited commandment at the beginning that remains a subset of a perfect/complete commandment at the end times.

            Note that the beginning or end times is not defined/measured by any calendar period of time, but measured by one's level of spiritual attainment.





            Yes Jesus said," {Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.} This is a true statement, but not at this time.(it's in O T)

            But Why several years after the resurection

            Peter Said," it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation"



            why does Paul think it 's unlawful, please give me a scripture....

            Acts 10:28 King James Version (KJV)

            28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

            {Why after several years after the resurection, Jewish believers in Christ, " contended with him" in other words they are argued with Paul about eating Ham sandwiches with gentiles}

            Acts 11:2-3 King James Version (KJV)......

            2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, ...

            3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.

            Why did Jews argue with Peter instead of Preaching to the World the Good News? This is several years after resurection

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rhern View Post






              Yes Jesus said," {Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.} This is a true statement, but not at this time.(it's in O T)

              But Why several years after the resurection

              Peter Said," it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation"



              why does Paul think it 's unlawful, please give me a scripture....

              Acts 10:28 King James Version (KJV)

              28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

              {Why after several years after the resurection, Jewish believers in Christ, " contended with him" in other words they are argued with Paul about eating Ham sandwiches with gentiles}

              Acts 11:2-3 King James Version (KJV)......

              2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, ...

              3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.

              Why did Jews argue with Peter instead of Preaching to the World the Good News? This is several years after resurection
              Because there are at least two groups in Scripture which are separately prepared by God as Scripture shows for example in Gen. 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth", that these are indeed two separated groups turns out from Gen. 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens".

              These two lines continue through Scripture, see the promises made to Abraham in Gen. 12:2 "And I will make of thee a great nation..." v. 8 "...Unto thy seed will I give this land...", 13:16 "And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth...", so this is clearly the earthly promise, yet God promised more as Gen. 15:5 tells us "And he brought him forth abroad (out without), and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So (like this) shall thy seed be". This is the other promise God made and Paul calls them "So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham" and these are the second group, consisting of Jews and Gentiles.

              That's why gentiles are grafted on the tame olive tree (Israel) and Paul always went first to the Jew, then to the Greek, the reason is to arouse Israel or as Scripture says in Rom. 10:19 "...I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people...". Rom. 11:11 says "I say then, Have they (Israel) stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them (Israel) to jealousy".

              The church fathers didn't saw nor knew this, so they spiritualized Scripture, God says Israel but we should read the Church. It wasn't until 1948 (some of) the churches started to recognize Israel still has a future, but none of them could separate from the: "read gentiles where it says Israel" of the past.
              "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
              a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
              rightly dividing the word of truth."
              2 Tim. 2:15

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Adonijah View Post

                Because there are at least two groups in Scripture which are separately prepared by God as Scripture shows for example in Gen. 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth", that these are indeed two separated groups turns out from Gen. 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens".

                These two lines continue through Scripture, see the promises made to Abraham in Gen. 12:2 "And I will make of thee a great nation..." v. 8 "...Unto thy seed will I give this land...", 13:16 "And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth...", so this is clearly the earthly promise, yet God promised more as Gen. 15:5 tells us "And he brought him forth abroad (out without), and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So (like this) shall thy seed be". This is the other promise God made and Paul calls them "So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham" and these are the second group, consisting of Jews and Gentiles.

                " of the past.

                Presently, God is dealing with one Group at a time. He will deal with Gentiles until the fullness. Meanwhile Most Jews are unable to see Jesus as the Savior.
                Romans 11:25 New King James Version (NKJV)

                25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own [a]opinion, thatblindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
                Luke 21:24 New King James Version (NKJV)

                24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rhern View Post
                  why does Paul think it 's unlawful, please give me a scripture....
                  I assume you mean Peter?

                  In the Old Testament, Gentiles were allowed to convert to Judaism and become full participants with Jews. However, God repeatedly warned the Jews not to associate with unconverted Gentiles, lest they learn their ways. Peter, however, was most likely reacting to rabbinical teaching or tradition.
                  Love is patient, love is kind. . .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pdun459 View Post

                    I assume you mean Peter?

                    In the Old Testament, Gentiles were allowed to convert to Judaism and become full participants with Jews. However, God repeatedly warned the Jews not to associate with unconverted Gentiles, lest they learn their ways. Peter, however, was most likely reacting to rabbinical teaching or tradition.
                    yes sir you are correct

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rhern View Post
                      Jesus commanded them.
                      Were the Jews require to obey?
                      When could they stop obeying this commandment; did they stop?

                      If the Word who is God, (who became flesh, who also handed Moses the 10 commandments,) could this command in Matthew 10:5-6 be considered equal to the 10 commandments.

                      What do you think about this passage.

                      Find passages to verify your answers.

                      Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.


                      Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.
                      ewq1938 is correct. Matthew 10:5-6 relates a single instance when Jesus sent out the twelve. This was a training exercise, a trial run, if you will. This wasn't a matter of discrimination or exclusivity. It wasn't a matter of law keeping. The restriction to avoid the Gentiles and the Samaritans was simply a matter of practicality, meant to limit their range. That is, "Don't go too far away." For this particular exercise they were to limit their coverage area. Jesus would let them go ahead of him and after awhile he would follow them to see how they did. After the training mission was completed, they would get together and share stories and experiences.

                      Luke relates another time Jesus sent out 70 disciples. Luke 10

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CadyandZoe View Post

                        ewq1938 is correct. Matthew 10:5-6 relates a single instance when Jesus sent out the twelve. This was a training exercise, a trial run, if you will. This wasn't a matter of discrimination or exclusivity. It wasn't a matter of law keeping. The restriction to avoid the Gentiles and the Samaritans was simply a matter of practicality, meant to limit their range. That is, "Don't go too far away." For this particular exercise they were to limit their coverage area. Jesus would let them go ahead of him and after awhile he would follow them to see how they did. After the training mission was completed, they would get together and share stories and experiences.

                        Luke relates another time Jesus sent out 70 disciples. Luke 10
                        Your idea would make a good movie you have a very good imagination.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rhern View Post

                          Your idea would make a good movie you have a very good imagination.
                          Thanks, I think.

                          I simply ask myself, what is it like to be a student, which is what "disciple" means. I know from experience that a good teacher will assign activities to the student, which help the student gain practical knowledge of the job or task without placing them in a situation that might harm them or discourage them from trying in the future. Students need confidence building activities.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rhern View Post

                            Your idea would make a good movie you have a very good imagination.
                            That's saying a lot since he used no imagination and that your original post implies that the gospel still should not be given to the gentiles. It is yours that is imaginary and would make for a fictional movie.
                            James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rhern View Post


                              Presently, God is dealing with one Group at a time. He will deal with Gentiles until the fullness. Meanwhile Most Jews are unable to see Jesus as the Savior.
                              Romans 11:25 New King James Version (NKJV)

                              25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own [a]opinion, thatblindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
                              Luke 21:24 New King James Version (NKJV)

                              24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
                              Then what is according to you the time and with whom is God dealing now? I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with Rom. 11:25, what do you think is the mystery Paul is speaking about here?

                              "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
                              a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
                              rightly dividing the word of truth."
                              2 Tim. 2:15

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X