Israel diminishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel diminishing

These questions have to do with the time duration of Israel’s diminishing because they rejected the good news of the Kingdom of God. During this diminishing Paul was starting to preach The Gospel of Grace of God. The diminishing of Israel started in Acts 7 (starting with the stoning of Stephen) and the diminishing was completed in Acts 28.

It took 30 years to go fully from the Jews Law (Kingdom of God) period to the dispensation of Grace period.

During that diminishing time period:
    Q 1 - Am I correct in thinking that some or most of the original apostles (not Paul) were still preaching the Good News of the Kingdom of God to the Jews?

During this diminishing time period, for each town that Paul went into:
    Q 2 - Am I correct in thinking that Paul preached to Jews first in each town until they would get enraged with his teachings), and then he would switch and preach to the gentiles next in that same town? See Acts 13:46.

During this diminishing time period:
    Q 3 - Did Paul preach The Good News of the Kingdom of God to the Jews?

Q 4 - Did Paul preach The Good News of the Grace of God to the gentiles?
    Q 5 - If so, didn’t Paul preach two valid gospels during this diminishing time period…one to the Jews and one to the gentiles?

Thans much,
    Bob Young

Originally posted by bob777 View Post
    These questions have to do with the time duration of Israel’s diminishing because they rejected the good news of the Kingdom of God. During this diminishing Paul was starting to preach The Gospel of Grace of God. The diminishing of Israel started in Acts 7 (starting with the stoning of Stephen) and the diminishing was completed in Acts 28.

It took 30 years to go fully from the Jews Law (Kingdom of God) period to the dispensation of Grace period.

Q 1 - Am I correct in thinking that some or most of the original apostles (not Paul) were still preaching the Good News of the Kingdom of God to the Jews?

Q 2 - Am I correct in thinking that Paul preached to Jews first in each town until they would get enraged with his teachings), and then he would switch and preach to the gentiles next in that same town? See Acts 13:46.

Q 5 - If so, didn’t Paul preach two valid gospels during this diminishing time period…one to the Jews and one to the gentiles?

Thans much,
    Bob Young
    I think I know what you're getting at, but Israel started diminishing with the Assyrian Captivity. 10/12th of Israel were carried off never to be gathered again. Then of the two southern Tribes who were carried off to Babylon, only 2.5% returned. And this "diminishing" was not because of the gospel. It was because of Law.

But you probably mean the effectiveness of the gospel upon Jews, starting from Pentecost. In this case we should see a few things:
    • By Matthew Chapter 12, Jesus had been accused of being an emissary of Beelzebub, and denies His fleshly family by the end of the Chapter
    • By Matthew 21:43 the Kingdom is ripped away from Israel and given to the Church
    • By Matthew 23:38 God had left the Temple
    • By His crucifixion "all the people" cried for His death (Matt.27:25)
    • By Pentecost, with Gods Spirit poured out, 3,000 Israelites were converted. Historians calculate that Jerusalem's population swelled to between 1 and 2 million at the obligatory Feasts. If we take the lower figure of 1 million, then we have the grand sum of 3/1,000ths of 1 percent accepting the gospel, or 0.003%
    • If we add the 5,000 of Acts Chapter 4, we have the grand sum of about 1/100ths of 1 percent, or 0.01%
    • No figures appear after that, but by 60 AD when Romans was written, "God concludes ALL Israel in UNBELIEF" (Rom.11:32)
    • Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles. The 12 Apostles were to the Jews (Gal.2:7, 9)
    • The Law was until John Baptist (Matt.11:13; Lk.16:16)

Comment

Thans much,
      Bob Young
      I haven't looked at this thread, and thought I would comment before reading any comments.

1) I don't distinguish the Good News of the Kingdom from the Gospel of Christian Salvation. They are both the same.

2) The "diminishing of the Jews" was actually a "divorce" of sorts. God nullified the contract of Law with the Jews at the point where Christ died on the cross. There was no value in observance under the Law of Moses when the Lord over that temple system had been rejected and crucified by the Jews.

3) Paul said he became "as the Jews" so as to win the Jews. This did not mean he preached a gospel of Law, but that he showed respect for the continuing belief of the Jews that they were still subject to the Law. But neither was Paul ashamed to say he believed we are not under the Law to those Jews so interested in his theology.

Some of the confusion of Jesus' Gospel of the Kingdom with the NT Gospel is the fact Jesus proclaimed the "nearness" of the Kingdom during his earthly ministry, *while he was still under the Law!* But it was the same Gospel indicating that he had, in his own ministry, brought the Kingdom of God near in the sense that people would soon be allowed to become permanent members. Under the Law, Israel had only been, in a sense, *temporary* members.

Comment

Thank you Randy and Walls for your in-depth perspective on my questions. I appreciate it.
        It seems that the Bible isn't clear on some of these subjects, but I try to compare scripture with scripture to hopefully "home in" on an answer. And I value the input of you all to help me and the people who may be reading this post.

God bless you all,
        Bob

Comment

Thank you Randy and Walls for your in-depth perspective on my questions. I appreciate it.
          It seems that the Bible isn't clear on some of these subjects, but I try to compare scripture with scripture to hopefully "home in" on an answer. And I value the input of you all to help me and the people who may be reading this post.

God bless you all,
          Bob
          Take care and go well brother.

Comment

But Israel shall be saved by the Lord With an everlasting salvation; Isaiah 45:17
            Re: Israel diminishing

It seems that the Bible isn't clear on some of these subjects, but I try to compare scripture with scripture to hopefully "home in" on an answer.
            As for me, You set me before Your face forever.

13 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel From everlasting to everlasting! Amen and Amen. Psalm 41

They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance. Psalm 89:15

Gather us from among the Gentiles, To give thanks to Your holy name; Psalm 106:47-48

Comment

Working...
            X