Ministry opportunity - virus related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministry opportunity - virus related

So I haven't posted on here in several days. But thought I might post this one for now.

With the virus outbreak going on, there are still opportunities to go love on people and be Christ to them. There are people that are considered high risk such as 1) diabeties, 2) high blood pressure 3) heart disease, 4) over 60, and so on. I can't remember them all. But those folks risk their lives when they come in contact with Corona carriers. If you are not in a high risk group, then please consider taking groceries to those that are in a high risk group. They can order the groceries at Walmart, and someone less at risk can pick them up, and put them on the front porch. Social distancing accomplished and the person at risk can stay protected.

Y'all be safe out there.

God bless!

Mark
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

I've got 1, 3, and 4 brother.but I still have the notion to try and minister Christ. Pray for me as I pray for you sir!

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
      So I haven't posted on here in several days. But thought I might post this one for now.

With the virus outbreak going on, there are still opportunities to go love on people and be Christ to them. There are people that are considered high risk such as 1) diabeties, 2) high blood pressure 3) heart disease, 4) over 60, and so on. I can't remember them all. But those folks risk their lives when they come in contact with Corona carriers. If you are not in a high risk group, then please consider taking groceries to those that are in a high risk group. They can order the groceries at Walmart, and someone less at risk can pick them up, and put them on the front porch. Social distancing accomplished and the person at risk can stay protected.

Y'all be safe out there.

God bless!

Mark
      My folks (85 and 79 years old) ve had all their immediate neighbours come by and offer to pick things up for them if needed. One neighbour just gifted them some TP yesterday. I don't think any are necessarily Christian. Not to diminish your point, but this is just something a well-functioning society should be doing at any time.
      Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
      Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

I figured I'd see you out and about teddy. And I don't think you diminished his point at all.

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Comment

Originally posted by The Parson View Post
          I figured I'd see you out and about teddy. And I don't think you diminished his point at all.
          Where you been hiding?
          Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Comment

Brother, are you in the Cleveland area? I will be more than happy to help if you need anything. Let me know please. PM me or email me.
            13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
            NASU

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post

Where you been hiding?
              Well, you no doubt remember my belief about prophecy being fulfilled over the changing of the scriptures (Amos 8:11 & Daniel 7:25) from my posts some time back at PCIM. Well, I've been secluding myself in that study and finding proof that it's actually happening. I first had to just to prove to myself I wasn't going wonky. But now I have more brothers and sisters even locally that see it like I do, and I don't feel so goofy or alone after all. That make sense?

Comment

Brother, are you in the Cleveland area? I will be more than happy to help if you need anything. Let me know please. PM me or email me.
                You're in Cleveland? No Kidding... Shoot, that's just 25 miles from Athens. Love to see you face to face later after this mess is over.

Comment

Well, you no doubt remember my belief about prophecy being fulfilled over the changing of the scriptures (Amos 8:11 & Daniel 7:25) from my posts some time back at PCIM. Well, I've been secluding myself in that study and finding proof that it's actually happening. I first had to just to prove to myself I wasn't going wonky. But now I have more brothers and sisters even locally that see it like I do, and I don't feel so goofy or alone after all. That make sense?
                  Yes, I do recall those discussions in the past. I'm not sure what to say about it, other than I don't accept the premise. Anyway, that's not for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post

Yes, I do recall those discussions in the past. I'm not sure what to say about it, other than I don't accept the premise. Anyway, that's not for this thread.
                    Brother, you don't have to accept the premise at all. That's OK. It's all about perception my dear friend. You did ask however.

Comment

You're in Cleveland? No Kidding... Shoot, that's just 25 miles from Athens. Love to see you face to face later after this mess is over.
                      Chattanooga. But Cleveland is a skip hop and jump down the road. I am currently in Hixson. Yea, let's hook up after all this blows over and if you want me to pick up groceries and leave em on your porch, let me know.
                      NASU

Comment

Chattanooga. But Cleveland is a skip hop and jump down the road. I am currently in Hixson. Yea, let's hook up after all this blows over and if you want me to pick up groceries and leave em on your porch, let me know.
                        You're too kind brother. If I get to that point, it's good to know you're there!

Comment

Wow guys, I'm not that far from you. I have family in Cleveland, sorta family anyway.

I haven't been here in a while so trying to navigate a some what different looking site here...LOL

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
                            Wow guys, I'm not that far from you. I have family in Cleveland, sorta family anyway.

I haven't been here in a while so trying to navigate a some what different looking site here...LOL
                            Well, it's good to know more people here are in God's country for sure!

Anyways, returning to the OP, I haven't heard of any churches in the area yet that are wanting to do this. Maybe it hasn't been suggested to them yet. I don't know...

Comment

A member of my church told me about a site called "nextdoor.com". I have not joined yet but I took a look at it. It says says connect to your local neighbors, and all neighbors are verified. I don't know anything about other than my friend said she is on it and many from my neighborhood are participating. She said people can ask for help and others then can provide that help. You guys can take a look and give your feed back. Several heads are better than my one...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X