Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus does his laundry

Hi all,

Please watch my video and let me know what you think. It's short.

The video updates Jesus' encounter with the woman at the well, placing the meeting in a contemporary setting. Who knows? What took place a long time ago, in a land far, far away, might also be happening in your own neighborhood this week.

Jesus does his laundry.

https://youtu.be/LTE_yihj4k4

Enjoy.

nicely done, Cady. half the battle, sometimes, is getting the message out in our own language. this video does a great job of that!

Comment

Originally posted by CadyandZoe View Post
      Hi all,

Please watch my video and let me know what you think. It's short.

The video updates Jesus' encounter with the woman at the well, placing the meeting in a contemporary setting. Who knows? What took place a long time ago, in a land far, far away, might also be happening in your own neighborhood this week.

Jesus does his laundry.

https://youtu.be/LTE_yihj4k4

Enjoy.
      I listened. Hard to comment. Here are some points that made up the Biblical version in John 4:1-43;
      • It says He must "needs" go through Samaria. But there was no need. The straightest way would have been up the Jordan Valley. He "needed" to go because He had to do the work of His Father with the Gentiles.
      • Samaria posed a special problem. It was the piece of Israel emptied by Assyria some 750 years earlier. The Assyrians populated it with the low-life of Assyria. Their religion was paganism mixed with the Five Books of Moses. The Samaritans are despised by both Jew and Gentile
      • The parcel of ground was given to Joseph - a king second to Pharaoh. Joseph's children occupied it in Joshua, but had now lost it to the hated Samaritans
      • The well is discussed much by students of scripture. It was in Israel and is now owned by the Gentiles who have the five Books of Moses. It is a picture of the life-supply of the Law, diluted with man's inability to keep it (Rom.7:10) and thus obtain the Life is was supposed to give
      • It was the sixth hour - that is, 12 p.m. Middle Eastern women do not draw water and carry it at this time. It is too hot. This woman coming alone at siesta time shows that she was an outcast
      • Jesus is the Master of gospel teaching. He starts as if He had a need, but anon will show that it is us that have needs
      • Jesus is a Master too of His testimony. He will meet Nicodemus, a man, at night, but lest His enemies have an accusation of adultery, He meets the woman in public in daylight
      • Chapter 3 ends with a Bridegroom and Bride and the Life necessary to be that - a profound picture of Eve coming out of, and having the same life as Adam. But sadly, the Jews rejected Jesus and He turns to the Gentiles for His Bride - the lowest of Gentiles (1st Cor.1:26-29)
      • Jesus presents the woman with the Water of Life. Her humanity is not good enough to be the bride of Christ. She must be made "partaker of the divine nature" (1st Pet.1:4). It is not enough to be beautiful. It is not enough to be loved. Eve must be "flesh and bones" of Christ (Eph.5:30)
      • The woman, not understanding, diverts the discussion to human life - the well. Our Lord Jesus shows that the favored nation drank of it, but where are they now?
      • The Book of John is different to the other three gospels. The other three focus on the Kingdom. John shows how to get God's Life that qualifies one for (i) the Kingdom, (ii) Marriage to Christ, and (iii) being transformed into the image of Christ (Rom.8:29). It emphasizes the Father's House and the Bride - both a matter of divine life
      • But before a man or woman can have of the Living Water of Life, sins must be put away. So our Lord Jesus addresses her sins
      • She has seven sins - the Biblical number of completeness. She had five husbands, she was fornicating with a sixth man and she told a lie - seven. Having the Pentateuch, she should have been stoned. She was "dead in her sins". Now we see why she was an outcast. The had stolen husbands .
      • Embarrassed, like we all are when caught in our sins, the woman diverts the discussion again - to religion
      • The Israeli religion, given by God, required worship at Mount Moriah. The Samaritans chose Mount Gerizim. Jesus says that "NOW IS" the time when neither are valid. God will enter man and dwell in his spirit (Jn.3:6), and it is there that man must meet God
      • The word "of" means OUT OF. Salvation is "OF" the Jews does not mean that we are saved by Israel or the Law. It means that salvation came OUT OF Israel in the Person of Jesus
      • Jesus reveals that He is that Messiah - the salvation out of Israel.
      • The woman "left" her water pot. Why? She had believed Jesus and the Living Water had entered and satisfied her
      • The disciples are astounded. Jesus say "look at the white fields". The fields before their eyes were Samaritan fields. Our Lord was alluding to a GENTILE HARVEST
      • The Samaritan men of the city also Believed, via the testimony of a despised woman - a picture of the Church preaching the gospel
      • The converted Samaritans ask Jesus to stay "two days". Which "Two Days"? The Two Days of Hosea 6:2. While Israel is being chastised for 2,000 years, Christ will live with the Church
      • The converted men believed the woman and received the Living Water. Now the Water testifies from within and they have no need of the woman's testimony (1st Jn.5:10)
      • Jesus goes on to Galilee after the TWO DAYS. This is a picture of Israel's restoration after the Church is complete. Galilee was Israel until they broke the Law. Now the "Nations" have Galilee (Isa.9:1; Matt.4:15) - that is, Jews and Jewish territory is under Gentile rule. This will change when Christ returns and reigns during the thid 1,000 year day - the Millennium

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
        nicely done, Cady. half the battle, sometimes, is getting the message out in our own language. this video does a great job of that!
        Thanks Randy. I am learning a great deal about how to communicate the gospel on YouTube. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post

I listened. Hard to comment. Here are some points that made up the Biblical version in John 4:1-43;
          • It says He must "needs" go through Samaria. But there was no need. The straightest way would have been up the Jordan Valley. He "needed" to go because He had to do the work of His Father with the Gentiles.
          • Samaria posed a special problem. It was the piece of Israel emptied by Assyria some 750 years earlier. The Assyrians populated it with the low-life of Assyria. Their religion was paganism mixed with the Five Books of Moses. The Samaritans are despised by both Jew and Gentile
          • The parcel of ground was given to Joseph - a king second to Pharaoh. Joseph's children occupied it in Joshua, but had now lost it to the hated Samaritans
          • The well is discussed much by students of scripture. It was in Israel and is now owned by the Gentiles who have the five Books of Moses. It is a picture of the life-supply of the Law, diluted with man's inability to keep it (Rom.7:10) and thus obtain the Life is was supposed to give
          • It was the sixth hour - that is, 12 p.m. Middle Eastern women do not draw water and carry it at this time. It is too hot. This woman coming alone at siesta time shows that she was an outcast
          • Jesus is the Master of gospel teaching. He starts as if He had a need, but anon will show that it is us that have needs
          • Jesus is a Master too of His testimony. He will meet Nicodemus, a man, at night, but lest His enemies have an accusation of adultery, He meets the woman in public in daylight
          • Chapter 3 ends with a Bridegroom and Bride and the Life necessary to be that - a profound picture of Eve coming out of, and having the same life as Adam. But sadly, the Jews rejected Jesus and He turns to the Gentiles for His Bride - the lowest of Gentiles (1st Cor.1:26-29)
          • Jesus presents the woman with the Water of Life. Her humanity is not good enough to be the bride of Christ. She must be made "partaker of the divine nature" (1st Pet.1:4). It is not enough to be beautiful. It is not enough to be loved. Eve must be "flesh and bones" of Christ (Eph.5:30)
          • The woman, not understanding, diverts the discussion to human life - the well. Our Lord Jesus shows that the favored nation drank of it, but where are they now?
          • The Book of John is different to the other three gospels. The other three focus on the Kingdom. John shows how to get God's Life that qualifies one for (i) the Kingdom, (ii) Marriage to Christ, and (iii) being transformed into the image of Christ (Rom.8:29). It emphasizes the Father's House and the Bride - both a matter of divine life
          • But before a man or woman can have of the Living Water of Life, sins must be put away. So our Lord Jesus addresses her sins
          • She has seven sins - the Biblical number of completeness. She had five husbands, she was fornicating with a sixth man and she told a lie - seven. Having the Pentateuch, she should have been stoned. She was "dead in her sins". Now we see why she was an outcast. The had stolen husbands .
          • Embarrassed, like we all are when caught in our sins, the woman diverts the discussion again - to religion
          • The Israeli religion, given by God, required worship at Mount Moriah. The Samaritans chose Mount Gerizim. Jesus says that "NOW IS" the time when neither are valid. God will enter man and dwell in his spirit (Jn.3:6), and it is there that man must meet God
          • The word "of" means OUT OF. Salvation is "OF" the Jews does not mean that we are saved by Israel or the Law. It means that salvation came OUT OF Israel in the Person of Jesus
          • Jesus reveals that He is that Messiah - the salvation out of Israel.
          • The woman "left" her water pot. Why? She had believed Jesus and the Living Water had entered and satisfied her
          • The disciples are astounded. Jesus say "look at the white fields". The fields before their eyes were Samaritan fields. Our Lord was alluding to a GENTILE HARVEST
          • The Samaritan men of the city also Believed, via the testimony of a despised woman - a picture of the Church preaching the gospel
          • The converted Samaritans ask Jesus to stay "two days". Which "Two Days"? The Two Days of Hosea 6:2. While Israel is being chastised for 2,000 years, Christ will live with the Church
          • The converted men believed the woman and received the Living Water. Now the Water testifies from within and they have no need of the woman's testimony (1st Jn.5:10)
          • Jesus goes on to Galilee after the TWO DAYS. This is a picture of Israel's restoration after the Church is complete. Galilee was Israel until they broke the Law. Now the "Nations" have Galilee (Isa.9:1; Matt.4:15) - that is, Jews and Jewish territory is under Gentile rule. This will change when Christ returns and reigns during the thid 1,000 year day - the Millennium
          Thanks so much for you attention to detail and all your hard work. I very much appreciate it. I've always appreciated this story for many of the reasons you highlight. I tried to find analogies in our time. Hopefully I have. Keep up the good work Walls.

Comment

Originally posted by CadyandZoe View Post

Thanks so much for you attention to detail and all your hard work. I very much appreciate it. I've always appreciated this story for many of the reasons you highlight. I tried to find analogies in our time. Hopefully I have. Keep up the good work Walls.
            Keep up the good work. Your calm, even voice on the Videos is refreshing after the emotional persuasion of the gifted TV preachers. I want to be informed. If I want emotions I can go to a rock concert. God's Word is exiting enough without a show. Also, your Videos are very professionally done.

Comment

Thanks, Cady, what you made is so inspirational. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by wisehometeam View Post
                Thanks, Cady, what you made is so inspirational. Keep up the good work.
                Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                X