How could I have missed this jewel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could I have missed this jewel

Y'all remember when Elijah prayed and fire came down and consumed the offering? 1 Kings 18:38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

It's plumb amazing folks. How could I have missed this verse or even this premise? Much to my surprise in my devotions this morning, I read that the same thing happened to Solomon. 2 Chronicles 7:1 Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the house.

Imagine that. A lifetime in the word of the Lord and only this time seeing this parallel. Any thoughts? Do you think maybe I'm just getting old and forgetful???

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Maybe you are using a basic Bible instead of a Study Bible and hadn't seen the connecting link between the two happenings?

It is nice you believe The Bible and don't sneer at such flaming fire as so many do today.

But talking of connections what about the angel calling down fire to eat that food Gideon prepared at Judges 6:20

6:20 And the angel of God said unto him, Take the flesh and the unleavened cakes, and lay them upon this rock, and pour out the broth. And he did so.

21 Then the angel of the Lord put forth the end of the staff that was in his hand, and touched the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and there rose up fire out of the rock, and consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes. Then the angel of the Lord departed out of his sight.

This also tells us that angels along with demons and Jesus can materialise and demat at will.
    That also tells us that UFO-aliens, Bigfoot, ghosts, poltergeists etc are Satan and his fallen angels and demons trying to give impression of life after death and on other planets or stars.

Comment

Originally posted by The Parson View Post
      Y'all remember when Elijah prayed and fire came down and consumed the offering? 1 Kings 18:38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

It's plumb amazing forks. How could I have missed this verse or even this premise? Much to my surprise in my devotions this morning, I read that the same thing happened to Solomon. 2 Chronicles 7:1 Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the house.

Imagine that. A lifetime in the word of the Lord and only this time seeing this parallel. Any thoughts? Do you think maybe I'm just getting old and forgetful???
      Because the text of the Bible is the imbued, inspired, living word of God, certain truths we never saw before can sometimes be quickened in us. I've had the same light go on, illuminating and giving deeper insight into familiar passages. That contributes to the Word remaining fresh, new, and invigorating, no matter how many times we read it.

On a related note, I believe the calling down of fire by the false prophet in Rev 13:13 will be for the purpose of consuming a sacrifice in the same manner seen in the OT. Such a ruse would provide him with counterfeit divine credentials as he promotes allegiance to and worship of satan's false Christ. If broadcast via satellite, the whole world could witness it and be utterly deceived.

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Comment

Originally posted by Xrose
        Maybe you are using a basic Bible instead of a Study Bible and hadn't seen the connecting link between the two happenings?

It is nice you believe The Bible and don't sneer at such flaming fire as so many do today.

But talking of connections what about the angel calling down fire to eat that food Gideon prepared at Judges 6:20

6:20 And the angel of God said unto him, Take the flesh and the unleavened cakes, and lay them upon this rock, and pour out the broth. And he did so.

21 Then the angel of the Lord put forth the end of the staff that was in his hand, and touched the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and there rose up fire out of the rock, and consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes. Then the angel of the Lord departed out of his sight.

This also tells us that angels along with demons and Jesus can materialise and demat at will.
        That also tells us that UFO-aliens, Bigfoot, ghosts, poltergeists etc are Satan and his fallen angels and demons trying to give impression of life after death and on other planets or stars.
        Oh no. I use multiple study tools my friend. That's been my habit for 30 years or more. Nope, can't explain it but thanks for the other reference.

Originally posted by Sojourner View Post

Because the text of the Bible is the imbued, inspired, living word of God, certain truths we never saw before can sometimes be quickened in us. I've had the same light go on, illuminating and giving deeper insight into familiar passages. That contributes to the Word remaining fresh, new, and invigorating, no matter how many times we read it.

On a related note, I believe the calling down of fire by the false prophet in Rev 13:13 will be for the purpose of consuming a sacrifice in the same manner seen in the OT. Such a ruse would provide him with counterfeit divine credentials as he promotes allegiance to and worship of satan's false Christ. If broadcast via satellite, the whole world could witness it and be utterly deceived.
        Oh hey, I know and see that... Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, Thank you for pointing that out.

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Comment

Originally posted by Sojourner View Post

Agreed, have had this happen many times over the years. God amazes me when He points something out that wasn't connected before and the clarity is such, as with The Parson, I wonder how I could have missed it before.

Following this note, I've always wondered if the person who is the anti-christ will somehow be involved with the rebuilding of the 3rd Temple in Jerusalem. With today's technology and capability, the fact that "it is said" all material is ready... that when the go is given, it will only take three 24 hour days to build the entire temple. Then he or the FP can leverage this in relation to Jesus' word about rebuilding the temple in 3 days. COMPLETELY missing the truth but utilizing this as another element in deceiving the mob into believing he's God.

Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
            Athe fact that "it is said" all material is ready... that when the go is given, it will only take three 24 hour days to build the entire temple.
            In last few years Chinese have shown how amazing building projects can be completed quickly if everyone works together and as you say the materials are being assembled right now.
            Muslims would fight to keep the mosque but the Jews are so ruthless and well armed they would just slaughter all Muslims that stand in the way of the bulldozers.
            BUT - did you see the FalseJews burning meat on a new altar in Jerualem on 10 December 2018? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kv3G-qMuz4
            I think that may be the start day of The 7 years Tribulation.
            GOD has said He hates the stink of burning meat and the FalseJews call their god g-d as their god is Baal-Moloch as Stephen revealed in chapter 7.
            The FalseJews deny Jesus is Messiah and so are all doomed to destruction as Zephaniah says.

Comment

It's plumb amazing folks. How could I have missed this verse or even this premise? Much to my surprise in my devotions this morning, I read that the same thing happened to Solomon. 2 Chronicles 7:1 Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the house.

I've been studying the Bible for 38 years, and I judge that I've just graduated from Kindergarten. What riches are still to be found is mind-boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                Agreed, have had this happen many times over the years. God amazes me when He points something out that wasn't connected before and the clarity is such, as with The Parson, I wonder how I could have missed it before.

Following this note, I've always wondered if the person who is the anti-christ will somehow be involved with the rebuilding of the 3rd Temple in Jerusalem. With today's technology and capability, the fact that "it is said" all material is ready... that when the go is given, it will only take three 24 hour days to build the entire temple. Then he or the FP can leverage this in relation to Jesus' word about rebuilding the temple in 3 days. COMPLETELY missing the truth but utilizing this as another element in deceiving the mob into believing he's God.
                That would be a gimme in my book Slug1. They may not know it yet but most certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post

I've been studying the Bible for 38 years, and I judge that I've just graduated from Kindergarten. What riches are still to be found is mind-boggling.
                  I feel your pain Walls. I really do.

Comment

It is quite a mysterious matter. It pushes to the front the question - "who killed our Lord Jesus?" He is the Burnt Offering (Lev.1). Now, at least 5 times in the new Testament, Israel (or the Jews) are accused of killing Jesus. But John says that Jesus is the "Lamb of God", not the "Lamb of Israel". And Isaiah 53:5 list His sufferings. "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed". But then in verse 10 it is told who did it. "Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he (the Lord) hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand."

On one hand it is given to the priest to slay the Burnt Offering and supply the fire, but in the Revelation of Christ as the fulfillment of the Burnt Offering, it is God Who slays and consumes Him. I think that the answer lies in the nature of the Burnt Offering. It depicts Christ as fully for the Father, and though the priest may do the motions, the Burnt Offering, although it is an "atonement", is fully for God. It is God's question mark on His Son to find out if this One Man was fully for God. Mysterious .... no?

Comment

It is quite a mysterious matter. It pushes to the front the question - "who killed our Lord Jesus?" He is the Burnt Offering (Lev.1). Now, at least 5 times in the new Testament, Israel (or the Jews) are accused of killing Jesus. But John says that Jesus is the "Lamb of God", not the "Lamb of Israel". And Isaiah 53:5 list His sufferings. "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed". But then in verse 10 it is told who did it. "Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he (the Lord) hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand."

On one hand it is given to the priest to slay the Burnt Offering and supply the fire, but in the Revelation of Christ as the fulfillment of the Burnt Offering, it is God Who slays and consumes Him. I think that the answer lies in the nature of the Burnt Offering. It depicts Christ as fully for the Father, and though the priest may do the motions, the Burnt Offering, although it is an "atonement", is fully for God. It is God's question mark on His Son to find out if this One Man was fully for God. Mysterious .... no?
                      Isaiah 53:5: But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and by his stripes we are healed. This verse says the why of verse 10 plainly. It's because the Savior was the sufficiency for the sacrifice, and goes back to Jesus' baptism when God said, "this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased"! I mean Jesus did lay Himself at the pleasure of the Father, and it most assuredly pleased the Father to receive Him as payment for the sin debt. Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

But for crying out loud, it wasn't God who killed Him, but rather He allowed it. And Jesus' willingness to please the Lord God brought God's pleasure. That may sound circular but it really isn't if you think about it Walls.

Comment

Originally posted by XRose View Post
                        In last few years Chinese have shown how amazing building projects can be completed quickly if everyone works together and as you say the materials are being assembled right now.
                        Muslims would fight to keep the mosque but the Jews are so ruthless and well armed they would just slaughter all Muslims that stand in the way of the bulldozers.
                        BUT - did you see the FalseJews burning meat on a new altar in Jerualem on 10 December 2018? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kv3G-qMuz4
                        I think that may be the start day of The 7 years Tribulation.
                        GOD has said He hates the stink of burning meat and the FalseJews call their god g-d as their god is Baal-Moloch as Stephen revealed in chapter 7.
                        The FalseJews deny Jesus is Messiah and so are all doomed to destruction as Zephaniah says.
                        That event is mankind being sinful. There is no temple, so we KNOW that event is not depicted in scripture as a sign of the endtimes. It is an example of religion.
                        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

I said I THINK it may be the start of Tribulation.
                          I still think that.

Comment

Isaiah 53:5: But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and by his stripes we are healed. This verse says the why of verse 10 plainly. It's because the Savior was the sufficiency for the sacrifice, and goes back to Jesus' baptism when God said, "this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased"! I mean Jesus did lay Himself at the pleasure of the Father, and it most assuredly pleased the Father to receive Him as payment for the sin debt. Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

But for crying out loud, it wasn't God who killed Him, but rather He allowed it. And Jesus' willingness to please the Lord God brought God's pleasure. That may sound circular but it really isn't if you think about it Walls.
                            I will present you with some uncomfortable questions:
                            1. Who is the injured party in man's sin and sins? If you say God (which I judge to be correct), then,
                            2. The Law says that the injured man exacts retribution (Deut.19:12). Thus, God should be the "avenger"
                            3. The Law says that the "Witness" of the crime shall be the first upon the criminal unto death (Deut.17:7). God was the Witness to all men's sins
                            4. If Jesus takes our place in retribution, shall not it be God's hand upon Him that He die?
                            What say you?

Comment

I will present you with some uncomfortable questions:
                              1. Who is the injured party in man's sin and sins? If you say God (which I judge to be correct), then,
                              2. The Law says that the injured man exacts retribution (Deut.19:12). Thus, God should be the "avenger"
                              3. The Law says that the "Witness" of the crime shall be the first upon the criminal unto death (Deut.17:7). God was the Witness to all men's sins
                              4. If Jesus takes our place in retribution, shall not it be God's hand upon Him that He die?
                              What say you?
                              No, not uncomfortable at all Walls!
                              1. Then we are in agreement. God would be the injured party.
                              2. But then we would be considering God as man and we can't. Unlike sinful man, God's vengeance is balanced with His love. Therefore His vengeance by His choice doesn't outweigh His Grace one single bit Walls. The Lord God does have preferences though. He promised it to us.. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Therefore His promise does outweigh his vengeance, again by His choice. So He will not send said vengeance on those He gave a way to escape it. However those that don't take the way to escape it abide in His righteous judgement.
                              3. See answer 2!
                              4. It was Jesus' choice to give His life, and man was the predictable instrument to take it. Not God the Father.

Comment

Working...
                              X