No announcement yet.

Saved and Knowledge of the Truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Saved and Knowledge of the Truth?

~Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth~
    1Timothy 2:4

I have been ministering to someone who describes themselves as an "apostate". And, yet, at the same time they don't totally deny that there is a possibility that something may still be going on between them and the Lord. (I know it is confusing)

This person enjoys being on another Christian forum and likes "hanging" with us. He says he doesn't know why he is there except he "likes it here".

I have been probing this person further, with their consent and there are a number of things that make me believe that this person is saved but yet extremely bitter at God and turned his back on him. I know we cannot know one's heart but...

This AM the Lord put the above scripture in my mind and it occured to me that this person might be saved but never came to the knowledge of the truth.

Do you think that is possible? Regardless, it is very, very obvious to me the Lord is still pursuing this dear soul and running him down in His love for Him...

Just a little more of the story...this person loved Jesus of Nazareth but has trouble connecting the historical Jesus with the Lord Jesus Christ. He obviously has a hugh problem dealing with the issue of evil...

The knowledge used in this verse is: (Strongs)

G1922
    ἐπίγνωσις
    epignōsis
    ip-ig'-no-sis
    From G1921; recognition, that is, (by implication) full discernment, acknowledgement: - (ac-) knowledge (-ing, -ment
    ~ My testimony~

It could be possible. God's love pursues those He calls and will not stop. This person could be a newborn, and stuck in a stage for a while before learning .....

I know i was called back in 96, and it took me 7 years before i started really getting a glimpse of God in the way of seeing truth and my eyes being opened. For the first 4 years i read scriptures, without understanding, and much confusion. It wasn't til 2000 that i started seeing light, and started getting a sense of peace that transcends all understanding. In 2005 is when He revealed Himself to me, and since then it's been line upon line and precept upon precept, a solid foundation being laid as i'm being refined, and this is still ongoing to this day.

Something that has been corrupted and mixed up for so long (me) will take a long time to clean and refine again, and i trust God will not do a rushed job.

I would suggest to this person to really read the scriptures, and let God teach him through His Word.

Tanja
    Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.
    2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
    If it's not done out of unselfish love, then it's hardly righteous.
    http://disciple2yeshua.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jesusinmyheart View Post
      It could be possible. God's love pursues those He calls and will not stop. This person could be a newborn, and stuck in a stage for a while before learning .....

I know i was called back in 96, and it took me 7 years before i started really getting a glimpse of God in the way of seeing truth and my eyes being opened. For the first 4 years i read scriptures, without understanding, and much confusion. It wasn't til 2000 that i started seeing light, and started getting a sense of peace that transcends all understanding. In 2005 is when He revealed Himself to me, and since then it's been line upon line and precept upon precept, a solid foundation being laid as i'm being refined, and this is still ongoing to this day.

Something that has been corrupted and mixed up for so long (me) will take a long time to clean and refine again, and i trust God will not do a rushed job.

I would suggest to this person to really read the scriptures, and let God teach him through His Word.

Tanja
      Thank you, so much for sharing. I emboldened the one part of your reply because, when I asked him if he ever had joy he said yes, but he also had alot of confusion.

There was also some very hurtful things going on in his small church that his younger, tender heart should not have experienced. (He was 11 when he asked Jesus into his heart) It had to do with his mother and father and there was a split in the church over the whole mess

He knows the scriptures backwards and fowards and is extremely intelligent but has trouble, as I mentioned, connecting Jesus of Nazareth with the Christ that lives in our hearts today.

I am praying that he will have an encounter with the living, loving Christ soon. He already is, I believe, he just does not recognize it is God speaking to him
      ~ My testimony~

Comment

Knowing the scriptures backwards forwards isn't the thing that gives joy.

There were things i knew and yet it was dead. It wasn't until God through the Holy Spirit gave me understanding, when i saw a living Word, which is utterly amazing and stunning when you get to that point.
        I can't begin to tell you the importance of asking God for this, understanding of the truth, that is what gives one such peace and joy. Of course you have to ask and read and ask for God to reveal the things of His Word to you....
        Just like a child asks His father if you don't ask you may not get anything.....

Mat 7:8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
        Mat 7:9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone?
        Mat 7:10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?

This is what i clung to as a promise when i was confused, and couldn't understand.... i just stubbornly hung on and asked God to bless me and i wouldn't let go til i got that... and now that i got that i don't want to let go anyway

In hindsight i feel i wrestled with God as much as Jacob did....

Much love,
        Tanja
        Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.
        2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
        If it's not done out of unselfish love, then it's hardly righteous.
        http://disciple2yeshua.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
        X