Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i believe in Jesus and God ...

i believe God is holy and sacred.
    But i dont really dont know what jesus is exactly but that he came and cleanse our sins.
    before i abraham i was i am ... well is he talking about destiny book?
    can any bible reader tell me something straight out of the bible that proves jesus is with the father before everything or that you know

Originally posted by HolyDivine View Post
    i believe God is holy and scared..
    But i dont really dont know what jesus is exactly but that he came and cleanse our sins.
    can any bible reader tell me something straight out of the bible that proves jesus is with the father before everything or that you know
    If I understand this post: Seems you are asking whether or not Jesus is "I AM" and thus, existed before Abraham.

The straight up answer is yes, and the very verse you posted, I'd use as support that Jesus is "I AM" and that He existed before Abraham. If not, then that verse is not truth.

Jesus claims in the John 8 verse that He is, I AM. Way back in Exodus, Moses states to the Israelis that "I AM" sent him (Moses) to the Israelis to free them from the Egyptians. We also have that verse in Colossians 1, detailing that Jesus existed before "all" things. Meaning, He existed before creation even came into existence. If Jesus did not exist before creation, then again, another verse that is not truth.

There are many more and the more proof provided by scripture, those who say Jesus didn't exist before He stepped out of eternity and into time (the Incarnation), well... here we go :-)
    --
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post

If I understand this post: Seems you are asking whether or not Jesus is "I AM" and thus, existed before Abraham.

The straight up answer is yes, and the very verse you posted, I'd use as support that Jesus is "I AM" and that He existed before Abraham. If not, then that verse is not truth.

Jesus claims in the John 8 verse that He is, I AM. Way back in Exodus, Moses states to the Israelis that "I AM" sent him (Moses) to the Israelis to free them from the Egyptians. We also have that verse in Colossians 1, detailing that Jesus existed before "all" things. Meaning, He existed before creation even came into existence. If Jesus did not exist before creation, then again, another verse that is not truth.

There are many more and the more proof provided by scripture, those who say Jesus didn't exist before He stepped out of eternity and into time (the Incarnation), well... here we go :-)
      sorry if i said sacred wrong way.

Comment

The NT quotes many OT passages.

Many of those OT passages refer to unique characteristics that alone belong to YHWH.

The NT writers apply those OT verses specifically to Jesus.

Either Jesus is YHWH, or the NT writers were blasphemous for applying OT YHWH passages to Jesus, and the NT scriptures should be rejected as written by blasphemers.

Comment

can any bible reader tell me something straight out of the bible that proves jesus is with the father before everything or that you know:)
          And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. (John 17: ESV)

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Comment

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:1-3, 14

Comment

But i dont really dont know what jesus is exactly but that he came and cleanse our sins....
              Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, who is the source of all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we [believers have been redeemed and have eternal life] through Him. But not everyone possesses this knowledge. 1 Cor 8:6-7

The Supremacy of the Son of God

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in Him, Col 1

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. John 1

Comment

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm...ty/trinity.cfm

Comment

Working...
                X