New Testament Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jake2020 View Post
    "Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them, and it shall be an everlasting covenant with them;... Indeed I will be their God, and they shall be My people." Ezekiel 37:26-27

For the sake of my achim, my own kinsmen, my people and flesh and blood relatives, the Israelites; I wish that I were accursed, cut off from Christ if that would help them.
    To them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; 5 to them belong the patriarchs, and from them comes the Messiah, who is Lord of all, God blessed forever. Amen. Rom 9

“In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all— Acts 10

They all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. 1 Cor 10

For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles... we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 1 Cor 12:13

Which now has been revealed by God's Spirit ...that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. Eph 3:5-7

Amos 3:1,2 Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

Hosea 8:8 Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.Hosea 8:8 Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.

As far as I know they are still among the Gentiles.

Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. And I scattered them among the heathen (Gentiles same word as in Hosea 8:8), and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land. But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the heathen (Gentiles), and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.Ezek 36:17,19-24

He will gather some, not necessarily all, for his name's sake. For not necessarily all see:

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Compare to Acts 15.

Acts 15:1,2 And certain men which came down from Judaea (The house of Judah) taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.. When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
    Acts 15:7,8 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. “So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them (the Gentiles) the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,(Of the house of Jodah)

Acts 15:13,14 And after they had become silent, James answered, saying, “Men and brethren, listen to me: “Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. -----Remember Ezek and Jer

Acts 15:16 After this. After this what? The gathering out of the Gentiles (Who was scattered among the Gentiles?) a people for his name.

I will return. Why The balance of 16 AND 17.

Comment

“I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people.” Jer 31:1
      Originally posted by percho View Post

Amos 3:1,2 Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

...As far as I know they are still among the Gentiles.

Son of man, the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: ... .Ezek 36:17,19-24
      Because they pursued it by their own way and by their doings; They stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33 just as it is written,

“Behold, I lay in Zion ...Rom 9

Compare to Acts 15

Acts 15:7,8 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. “So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them (the Gentiles) the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,(Of the house of Jodah)
      For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, 22 who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit...,2 Cor 1:

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Brents View Post
        Tell me who you believe is represented by "Israel" today (in the New Testament)? What passages lead you to hold this view?

I have my own thoughts on this question, but I would like to hear a few thoughts from others before I present mine.
        Please, no discussion at first. I want to brainstorm the concept in this thread. I will start another thread in a few days to discuss the ideas presented here.
        Thank you.
        When Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross, he removed the only means for one becoming a Physical Jew or Physical member of Israel. After the the pre-calvary generation died off (Paul's Jewish audience) nothing remained to make one a biblical Jew. Only believers in Christ make-up Biblical Israel today.

Comment

Originally posted by jake2020 View Post
          Whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, John 14:16-18

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers...
          For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
          "I will dwell in them..."
          I will be their God, And they shall be My people.” 2 Cor 6:14-17

But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God, the eternal King. Jeremiah 10:10

“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted.
          In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘children of the living God.’ Hosea 1:10

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 1 John 4:13-14
          Are, the, "you," and the, "they." the same people?

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. From Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, 1 Tim 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Do people come into the world in a state of unbelief? Does being given the Spirit of Truth have anything to do with translating one who came into the world being, of unbelief, unto being, of belief?

In other words; Why do some believe? Is it because God chooses them or do they choose God?

Did God make a mistake in choosing Israel or will it be that through this people he choose, divorced, scattered, then reconciled and gathered again, rebirthed if you will, He will demonstrate that He is the LORD God?

Why was Paul send to the Gentiles? Exactly where were the house of Israel? Where had, "God," scattered them? Where are they today?

The house of Judah, The Jews. How did Haman know Jews were Jews? How did Hitler know that Jews were Jews? Did he test there blood? How did he know?

in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, From Hosea 1:10 - Are, them, them?

in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, From the time it was said to them unto Christ a lot of them died?

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) John 7:39

If he wants can the Almighty God give those who died the Spirit? Can they be told you are the sons of the Living God? The valley of dry bones.

Comment

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. From Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, 1 Tim 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Do people come into the world in a state of unbelief?
            Is the Pope Catholic?
            Does being given the Spirit of Truth have anything to do with translating one who came into the world being, of unbelief, unto being, of belief?
            Guaranteed.
            In other words; Why do some believe?
            God gave to each a measure of faith.
            God establishes us in Christ and has anointed us, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. 2 Cor 1

Is it because God chooses them or do they choose God?
            Chosen by God.
            7 Now to you who believe, this Stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
            “The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone, 1 Peter 2
            Did God make a mistake in choosing Israel ...
            For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; Heb 4:2
            But what if some did not believe, [had no faith in God], will their lack of belief nullify the faithfulness of God ?
            Certainly not! God is true, and every carnal human being a liar, just as it is written. Romans 3:3-4

Comment

Working...
            X