Jesus Completely Fulfilled the 7 OT Feasts at His First Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Completely Fulfilled the 7 OT Feasts at His First Coming

Cyd brought this topic up in another thread, and I had thought years ago, I wrote a post on this topic but couldn't find it.
    Here is a fresh study, for those who enjoy reading and studying the fulfilled prophecy from the OT to the NT scriptures, which Jesus accomplished when He came and dwelt among us.

note: This presentation is not based on any pre-conceived endtime viewpoint, that attempts to postpone fulfillments of any feasts. That is why it is placed here in Bible-Chat, not End-Times-Chat.

NT Scripture basis for approach:

Colossians 2:16 "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ."

Feast 1: Passover
    OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:5 "In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight, is the LORD’s Passover."
    NT Fulfillment:
    John 1:29 "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."
    Romans 3:25 "whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. "
    I Corinthians 5:8 “For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us”

Feast 2: Unleaven Bread
    OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:6 "And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall not do any ordinary work. But you shall present a food offering to the Lord for seven days. On the seventh day is a holy convocation; you shall not do any ordinary work.”
    NT Fulfillment:
    John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven."
    I Corinthians 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”

Feast 3: Firstfruits
    OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:9 "And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When you come into the land that I give you and reap its harvest, you shall bring the sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest, and he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, so that you may be accepted. On the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it. "
    NT Fulfillment:
    John 4:35-36 “Jesus said to His disciples: "Lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life
    I Corinthians 15:20 "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits"

Feast 4: Weeks/Pentecost/Shavuot
    OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:15 You shall count seven full weeks from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering. You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath. Then you shall present a grain offering of new grain to the Lord.”
    NT Fulfillment:
    Acts 1:4, 2:1 “Jesus commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost “

Feast 5: Trumpets
    OT Shadow:
    Leviticus And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,“Speak to the people of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall observe a day of solemn rest, a memorial proclaimed with blast of trumpets, a holy convocation. You shall not do any ordinary work, and you shall present a food offering to the Lord.”
    Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression

NT Fulfillment:

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause He is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of deator th, fhe redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

Feast 6: Day of Atonement/Yom Kippur
    OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:26 “And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Now on the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. It shall be for you a time of holy convocation, and you shall afflict yourselves and present a food offering to the Lord. And you shall not do any work on that very day, for it is a Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before the Lord your God.”
    NT Fulfillment:
    Romans 5:11 “we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
    I John 2:2 “
    The Jewish leaders condemned Jesus, and he burdened with the sins of all mankind was led out of the city to be crucified: “He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins and not only our sins but the sins of the world

Feast 7: Booths/Ingathering/Tabernacles
    OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:33 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, On the fifteenth day of this seventh month and for seven days is the Feast of Booths to the Lord…You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All native Israelites shall dwell in booths
    NT Fulfillment:
    John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
    John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.”

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
    John 7 Now the Jew's feast of tabernacles was at hand. In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive”
    John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jesus is YHWH the eternal Great I AM.
    • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
    • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
    • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
    • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
    Cyd brought this topic up in another thread, and I had thought years ago, I wrote a post on this topic but couldn't find it.
    Here is a fresh study, for those who enjoy reading and studying the fulfilled prophecy from the OT to the NT scriptures, which Jesus accomplished when He came and dwelt among us.

note: This presentation is not based on any pre-conceived endtime viewpoint, that attempts to postpone fulfillments of any feasts. That is why it is placed here in Bible-Chat, not End-Times-Chat.

Colossians 2:16 "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ."

OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:5 "In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight, is the LORD’s Passover."
    NT Fulfillment:
    John 1:29 "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."
    Romans 3:25 "whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. "

OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:6 "And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall not do any ordinary work. But you shall present a food offering to the Lord for seven days. On the seventh day is a holy convocation; you shall not do any ordinary work.”
    NT Fulfillment:
    John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven."
    I Corinthians 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”

OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:9 "And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When you come into the land that I give you and reap its harvest, you shall bring the sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest, and he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, so that you may be accepted. On the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it. "
    NT Fulfillment:
    John 4:35-36 “Jesus said to His disciples: "Lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life
    I Corinthians 15:20 "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits"

OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:15 You shall count seven full weeks from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering. You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath. Then you shall present a grain offering of new grain to the Lord.”
    NT Fulfillment:
    Acts 1:4, 2:1 “Jesus commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost “

OT Shadow:
    Leviticus And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,“Speak to the people of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall observe a day of solemn rest, a memorial proclaimed with blast of trumpets, a holy convocation. You shall not do any ordinary work, and you shall present a food offering to the Lord.”
    Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression

NT Fulfillment:

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause He is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of deator th, fhe redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:26 “And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Now on the tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. It shall be for you a time of holy convocation, and you shall afflict yourselves and present a food offering to the Lord. And you shall not do any work on that very day, for it is a Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before the Lord your God.”
    NT Fulfillment:
    Romans 5:11 “we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
    The Jewish leaders condemned Jesus, and he burdened with the sins of all mankind was led out of the city to be crucified: “He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins and not only our sins but the sins of the world

OT Shadow:
    Leviticus 23:33 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, On the fifteenth day of this seventh month and for seven days is the Feast of Booths to the Lord…You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All native Israelites shall dwell in booths
    NT Fulfillment:
    John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
    John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.”

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
    John 7 Now the Jew's feast of tabernacles was at hand. In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive”
    John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Thanks for this.

Comment

David this is great thank you so much for this!! I came to the understanding a different way but much prefer the scriptures!!
      Give Jehovah's Witnesses (JW) the truth with scriptures. Jesus is Jehovah, the Aramaic to English Translation NT of Bible is clear. For a copy of it visit or send them to http://jwjesusisjehovah.com

If you know any Muslims seeking truth about Isa Al-Masih (Messiah) send them here
      Isa Al-Masih Truth

Comment

These, the feasts of the LORD, holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work, Lev 23:4-8 YLT

Are the feast days, holy convocations? Is any work to be done on those days of holy convocation?

Show me where the fourteenth day, the Passover, of the first month is said to be a day of holy convocation on which no work was to be done.

Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. Lev 23:3
        Is the weekly Sabbath an holy convocation on which no work is to be done?

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

Show me where that morrow after the weekly Sabbath following the 14th day of the first month is an holy convocation on which no work is to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by percho View Post
          Are the feast days, holy convocations? Is any work to be done on those days of holy convocation?

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.
          ucg.org/the-good-news/the-wave-sheaf-foreshadowing-salvation

This first sheaf of grain was called the "firstfruits" (Leviticus 23:10).
          "But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits ..." (1 Corinthians 15:20,

We also find that Jesus Christ is called "the firstborn over all creation" and "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:15-18).
          The apostle Paul said that Christ was prophesied to be "the first to rise from the dead" (Acts 26:23).

The word firstfruits suggests an initial harvest that will be followed by another harvest.

The wave sheaf... portrays a resurrected Jesus now serving as our High Priest (Hebrews 4:14).

The Israelites' harvest season could not begin until the wave-sheaf offering was made to and accepted by God. In like manner, the Holy Spirit was not poured out on humanity until after Jesus returned to the Father (Acts 1:1-8;

Notice the apostle Paul's depiction of Christ, our resurrected wave-sheaf offering: "If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:1-4).

Paul reveals that our Savior occupies a place for us in the very presence of our Father and that we are accepted by Him through Christ Jesus.

The death of Jesus Christ meant that mankind could and would be reconciled to God the Father.

"For if we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life" (Romans 5:10).

We are saved by Christ's resurrected, divine life.

All made possible through Jesus Christ
          Those who keep the Feast of Pentecost appreciate the relationship to Pentecost of the wave-sheaf offering. Without the true wave-sheaf offering, Jesus Christ, there would be no Holy Spirit to lead us, no Church to spiritually nurture us and no harvest for the salvation of humanity.

Through these things, God continually assures and reminds His people that we have the promise of eternal life through the gift of the Holy Spirit. This promise was made possible through God, who resurrected and accepted Jesus Christ, our wave-sheaf offering.
          That the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,1 Peter 1:7
          I

Comment

Originally posted by jake2020 View Post

That the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,1 Peter 1:7
            I
            If I understood that correctly I agree with it. The feast of firstfruits would not be the morrow after the Sabbath which followed the 14th day Passover and is not a holy convocation but would be the 50th day ie Pentecost. The feast of firstfruits being the firstfruits of the Spirit rather than the firstborn out of the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
              Cyd brought this topic up in another thread, and I had thought years ago, I wrote a post on this topic but couldn't find it. Here is a fresh study, for those who enjoy reading and studying the fulfilled prophecy from the OT to the NT scriptures, which Jesus accomplished when He came and dwelt among us.

It is an attempt to say these things have all happened and therefore presents a CERTAIN End Times viewpoint.
              However though I FULLY agree that ALL these things are found IN Christ.
              Yet the COMPLETION of somethings is NOT YET.

OT Shadow:
              NT Fulfillment:
              The fulfilment is found in Jesus DYING on Passover in place of the Lamb. This is why it was fulfilled COMPLETELY.

OT Shadow:
              NT Fulfillment:
              Indeed. Completed with His burial, even as the yeast is REMOVED:
              Exo 12:15 Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. On the first day you shall remove leaven out of your houses, for if anyone eats what is leavened, from the first day until the seventh day, that person shall be cut off from Israel.

OT Shadow:
              NT Fulfillment:
              Indeed Christ rose form the dead when the sheaf of firstfruits was being waved. He fulfilled it IN His person being resurrected and presented to God.
              Notice this is ALWAYS the day AFTER the Sabbath - the first day of the week.

OT Shadow:
              NT Fulfillment:
              I always find this one interesting because HOW is this Jesus fulfilling it, and NOT the Holy Spirit?
              It is about the EARLY Harvest and people becoming part of the Body of the Lord. It is NOT about the SIGNS and WONDERS or the power of the Holy Spirit, though He is the One who send sit. However it is about US being firstfruits WITH Him.

OT Shadow:
              NT Fulfillment:
              Here you are faltering as there is NO connection being made here.
              He is the mediator, but what is the connection with the Trumpets?
              Trumpets were blown at New Moon and this is a SPECIAL New Moon, the ONLY Feast stated to be on the 1st Day of a New Moon.

OT Shadow:
              NT Fulfillment:
              He is indeed our sacrifice, but this claim is then the SAME as that made for Passover.
              What is the DIFFERENCE in the Shadow meaning of this feast?

OT Shadow:
              NT Fulfillment:

Here you mix this up with that of Pentecost and the giving of the Holy Spirit,
              Are you therefore claiming really there are only FOUR feasts which matter and the others are simply duplicates?
              The Feast of Booths was when the Israelites came out of the Wilderness and entered the Promised Land.
              The very clear and simple corroboration of the FUTURE meaning of this is given in Zech 14:
              Zec 14:16 Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths.
              Why that Feast and NOT the others?
              This is because this Feast speaks of the RETURN of the King, when Jesus comes and leads His people out of the wilderness and into the Promised Land.
              Rev 12:14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

The final feats is CLEARLY speaking about Jesus and His return and is NOT simply a rehash of another festival. It was also one of the THREE feast in which everyone needed to gather together. It is also the Feast with the most sacrifices, stated every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
                It is an attempt to say these things have all happened and therefore presents a CERTAIN End Times viewpoint.
                However though I FULLY agree that ALL these things are found IN Christ.
                Yet the COMPLETION of somethings is NOT YET.

The fulfilment is found in Jesus DYING on Passover in place of the Lamb. This is why it was fulfilled COMPLETELY.

Indeed. Completed with His burial, even as the yeast is REMOVED:
                Exo 12:15 Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. On the first day you shall remove leaven out of your houses, for if anyone eats what is leavened, from the first day until the seventh day, that person shall be cut off from Israel.

Indeed Christ rose form the dead when the sheaf of firstfruits was being waved. He fulfilled it IN His person being resurrected and presented to God.
                Notice this is ALWAYS the day AFTER the Sabbath - the first day of the week.

I always find this one interesting because HOW is this Jesus fulfilling it, and NOT the Holy Spirit?
                It is about the EARLY Harvest and people becoming part of the Body of the Lord. It is NOT about the SIGNS and WONDERS or the power of the Holy Spirit, though He is the One who send sit. However it is about US being firstfruits WITH Him.

Here you are faltering as there is NO connection being made here.
                He is the mediator, but what is the connection with the Trumpets?
                Trumpets were blown at New Moon and this is a SPECIAL New Moon, the ONLY Feast stated to be on the 1st Day of a New Moon.

He is indeed our sacrifice, but this claim is then the SAME as that made for Passover.
                What is the DIFFERENCE in the Shadow meaning of this feast?

Here you mix this up with that of Pentecost and the giving of the Holy Spirit,
                Are you therefore claiming really there are only FOUR feasts which matter and the others are simply duplicates?
                The Feast of Booths was when the Israelites came out of the Wilderness and entered the Promised Land.
                The very clear and simple corroboration of the FUTURE meaning of this is given in Zech 14:
                Zec 14:16 Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths.
                Why that Feast and NOT the others?
                This is because this Feast speaks of the RETURN of the King, when Jesus comes and leads His people out of the wilderness and into the Promised Land.
                Rev 12:14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

The final feats is CLEARLY speaking about Jesus and His return and is NOT simply a rehash of another festival. It was also one of the THREE feast in which everyone needed to gather together. It is also the Feast with the most sacrifices, stated every day.
                What would be your thoughts on, why two rest days of holy convocation, relative to being unleavened?

Considering 1 Cor 5:6 - 8 Not good is your glorying; have ye not known that a little leaven the whole lump doth leaven? cleanse out, therefore, the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, according as ye are unleavened, for also our Passover for us was sacrificed -- Christ, so that we may keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of evil and wickedness, but with unleavened food of sincerity and truth.

What unleavened and keeps unleavened, as the reason for us to continue to keep the feast in sincerity and truth? Did it require seven days to be totally unleavened ?

My thoughts
                Behold the Lamb of God, that takes away the sin of the world.
                1 Cor 15:3 for I delivered to you first, what also I did receive, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Writings, (Shed his precious blood, Soul poured out unto death.)
                Numbers 19:11 'He who is coming against the dead body of any man -- is unclean seven days; -
                Lev 23:6,7 and on the fifteenth day of this month is the feast of unleavened things to Jehovah; seven days unleavened things ye do eat; on the first day ye have a holy convocation, ye do no servile work;
                1 Cor 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he hath risen on the third day, according to the Writings,
                Numbers 19:12 First part he doth cleanse himself for it on the third day, and on the seventh day he is clean;
                Lev 23:8 and ye have brought near a fire-offering to Jehovah seven days; in the seventh day is a holy convocation; ye do no servile work.'
                1 Cor 15:17 if Christ hath not risen, vain is your faith, ye are yet in your sins;
                Numbers 19:12 Last part and if he cleanse not himself on the third day, then on the seventh day he is not clean.

Rev 1:5 YLT and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born (regeneration) out of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth; to him who did love us, and did bathe us from our sins in his blood, -------------- ? If Jesus is not the first born out of the dead does his blood wash away our sins?

? Washing of regeneration ?

I have asked many times why three days? Why three days and three nights?

Comment

I've long had a fascination with the Feasts, but never really felt comfortable with how I saw it. Things have been changing for me now, though. Presently, I've been looking at how God designed the Feasts to present a religious year as a sort of forecast for the whole nation as they awaited the coming of Messiah. After all, the Law kept them in good standing with God, but nothing under the Law could enable them to overcome the curse of death. They waited anxiously for the Hope of Israel, the Messianic Kingdom, in which death itself would be overcome, and sin completely wiped away through a resurrection to immortality.

So the religious year for Israel began in the 1st month as Passover. It is not accident that it began in Egypt where Israel 1st became a nation. It was the beginning of God's plan for the nation, to simply become a nation. Having become one, God called them out into the wilderness to learn to trust and follow Him.

He gave them the Law, which is often associated with the Feast of Pentecost. It is supposed to be associated with the early harvest, or the first fruits. It represents the early development of the Israeli nation, as they learned to live by the Law and to get rid of their idols. Israel had to go through a number of judgments, including the great Babylonian Captivity, in order to learn to relinquish their dependence on hand-made gods. They had to learn to depend on God by faith, and not on their own works, void of any listening to God.

The last feast of the year was a combination of Trumpets, Atonement, and Booths. In the 7th month it was the final Harvest, and likely represents Israel's approach to the Messianic era. Instead of the nation coming to national salvation, however, only a remnant of believers began to accept and follow the Messiah, when he arrived, and the nation largely fell apart.

The Harvest was thus disappointing. However, the announcement of Christ's coming was made clear, and the atonement took place, enabling Israel's full salvation at the end of the age. This religious year thus represents, for me, the birth, growth, and hope of Israel, preparing the way for the coming of Christ, his atonement and the offer of his resurrection to them.

Comment

And without holiness no one will see the Lord.
                    If I understood that correctly I agree with it. The feast of firstfruits would not be the morrow after the Sabbath which followed the 14th day Passover and is not a holy convocation but would be the 50th day ie Pentecost. ...
                    On the [dawn of the] first day of the week, ...Jesus said to Mary, Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Then Mary came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, ...John 20

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says,

“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; Hebrews 2

He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light; Acts 26:23

Therefore glorify the Lord in the dawning light,... Isaiah 24:15,23

If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. Isaiah 14,17-20

Comment

1Co 15:20
                      But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
                      Jhn 20:17
                      Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God

That took place on the morrow after the weekly Sabbath following the Passover. Christ as, high priest after the order of Melchisedec, presented himself before the Father on that day to be accepted for us.

But that was not the feast day of firstfruits. It was neither a holy convocation day nor day of rest. The feast of firstfruits is Pentecost and is relative to the firstfruits of the Spirit not the firstfruits of them that slept.

A feast day is a day of holy convocation and also a day of rest.

Comment

What would be your thoughts on, why two rest days of holy convocation, relative to being unleavened?
                        The Passover is not a rest day, but a Day of Preparation. This is the 14th Nisan (Abib).
                        What is confusing is what is written in Exodus 12 as verse 15 states yeast is to be removed, yet is that actually the 14th or the 15th, for verse 16 states you are to hold a sacred assembly, which points to the 15th especially as the 7 days end on the evening of the 21st.
                        The first Day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (FUB) is about leaving the place of Slavery - see verse 17.
                        However the last day of FUB seems to be when they reach Marah - a bitter place - yet God provided an alternative.
                        So dealing with sin is not simply about a single event but a journey out of slavery into a place in God, where God met them and gave a decree and law and a test - Exo 15:26
                        It seems the next day they arrived at Elim (15:27)

Now when Jesus died He rose on the 1st day He met with the disciples. Thomas was not there (John 20:24). Verse 26 has Thomas with them and meeting Jesus. This is where those who struggle through the 7 days (as the Israelites did) can come to believing even though they have not seen.

Considering 1 Cor 5:6 - 8 Not good is your glorying; have ye not known that a little leaven the whole lump doth leaven? cleanse out, therefore, the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, according as ye are unleavened, for also our Passover for us was sacrificed -- Christ, so that we may keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of evil and wickedness, but with unleavened food of sincerity and truth.

What unleavened and keeps unleavened, as the reason for us to continue to keep the feast in sincerity and truth? Did it require seven days to be totally unleavened ?
                        As noted above, God leads us out of the place of sin, but it can take time before we enter the place of refreshment. We want everything now, but Jesus did NOT appear the next day for Thomas who had missed Him, but a week later.

My thoughts
                        Behold the Lamb of God, that takes away the sin of the world.
                        1 Cor 15:3 for I delivered to you first, what also I did receive, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Writings, (Shed his precious blood, Soul poured out unto death.)
                        Numbers 19:11 'He who is coming against the dead body of any man -- is unclean seven days; -
                        Lev 23:6,7 and on the fifteenth day of this month is the feast of unleavened things to Jehovah; seven days unleavened things ye do eat; on the first day ye have a holy convocation, ye do no servile work;
                        1 Cor 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he hath risen on the third day, according to the Writings,
                        Numbers 19:12 First part he doth cleanse himself for it on the third day, and on the seventh day he is clean;
                        Lev 23:8 and ye have brought near a fire-offering to Jehovah seven days; in the seventh day is a holy convocation; ye do no servile work.'
                        1 Cor 15:17 if Christ hath not risen, vain is your faith, ye are yet in your sins;
                        Numbers 19:12 Last part and if he cleanse not himself on the third day, then on the seventh day he is not clean.
                        Rev 1:5 YLT and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born (regeneration) out of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth; to him who did love us, and did bathe us from our sins in his blood, -------------- ? If Jesus is not the first born out of the dead does his blood wash away our sins?
                        ? Washing of regeneration ?
                        I have asked many times why three days? Why three days and three nights?
                        Why was it the third day to be cleanse oneself? It was given as a shadow. He being the fulfilment.
                        These references and more about the third day (think also of Jonah) point to what Jesus would do.

Comment

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
                          Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God

That took place on the morrow after the weekly Sabbath following the Passover. Christ as, high priest after the order of Melchisedec, presented himself before the Father on that day to be accepted for us.

But that was not the feast day of firstfruits. It was neither a holy convocation day nor day of rest. The feast of firstfruits is Pentecost and is relative to the firstfruits of the Spirit not the firstfruits of them that slept.
                          Incorrect.
                          Pentecost is the early harvest, known as the Feast of Weeks (Deu 16:10)
                          Firstfruits is stated in Lev 23:9 - 14

A feast day is a day declared by God to be His appointed Feasts and is a day of holy convocation, but not necessarily rest:
                          Lev 23:2 “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, These are the appointed feasts of the LORD that you shall proclaim as holy convocations; they are my appointed feasts.

1. Sabbath
                          2. Passover and Unleavened Bread
                          3. Firstfruits (start of harvest)
                          4. Weeks (early harvest completed)
                          5. Trumpets
                          6. Atonement (Jubilee announced on this date/day)
                          7. Tabernacles / Booths or Ingathering (late harvest completed)

Now some don't count the Sabbaths as a Feast Day but separate the Passover and Unleavened Bread - to have a total of 7.

All these are stated within Lev 23 as being an appointed feast of the Lord.
                          There are also new moons Num 28:11 and also here:
                          Psa 81:3 Blow the trumpet at the new moon, at the full moon, on our feast day.
                          Psa 81:4 For it is a statute for Israel, a rule of the God of Jacob.

Comment

For since the beginning of the world Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, Nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him. Isaiah 64:4

Comment

Tell it to the Priest.

But to be clear as dawn, so that you may know where I'm coming from, the firstfruits are born of the living word of God.

The Holy Spirit Promised

Acts 1:4 And being assembled together with them, [And being alive together with Christ] He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem,
                              but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; [Faith comes from hearing the word of Christ.]

Pentecost, is the fulfillment of the Promise.

Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. Acts 2

See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the early and latter rain. James 5:7-8

Comment

Working...
                              X