Does God have faith???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
    I'm reading a book titled Christianity In Crisis: 21st Century by Hank Hanegraaff. It's basically a critique of the Word of Faith movement. Unfortunately I don't have it with me right now so I'll go from memory and post some quotes later.

He quotes Kenneth Copeland and Charles Capps both saying that God created the universe using His words filled with "faith substance." Supposedly the faith substance is what gave His words power. In other words, God created everything by His word and faith.

Now, my question is: does the Bible ever say God has faith or is required to have it? I don't recall ever hearing of such a thing.
    I suspect that since the Lord knows the end from the beginning and scripture tells us in Rom 8:24, 25 "For we are saved by hope, but hope that is seen is not hope. For what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." The Lord knows and so faith is not required.
    Now when Jesus found himself in the form of man, he humbled himself and lived as a man. He tells us in one place that he doesn't know the time of his return only the Father knows. And in another place we're told, that he grew in stature with both God and men. For Jesus to grow in stature with God he had to have set aside his knowledge and he found favor because of his obedience. For him not to know the time of his return he had to know in part; just as we have to do it. So I imagine, he used faith in the Lord just as we're required to do.

glf

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
      I'm reading a book titled Christianity In Crisis: 21st Century by Hank Hanegraaff. It's basically a critique of the Word of Faith movement. Unfortunately I don't have it with me right now so I'll go from memory and post some quotes later.

He quotes Kenneth Copeland and Charles Capps both saying that God created the universe using His words filled with "faith substance." Supposedly the faith substance is what gave His words power. In other words, God created everything by His word and faith.

Now, my question is: does the Bible ever say God has faith or is required to have it? I don't recall ever hearing of such a thing.
      Does God fit the definition of Faith in Heb 11:1? Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.

Can God hope for things?
      Is there anything that God does not see?

The answer is NO. God sees all, and does not hope, because He knows all. So God does not have faith: He has sight.

Comment

who in the days of his flesh both prayers and supplications unto Him who was able to save him from death -- with strong crying and tears -- having offered up, and having been heard in respect to that which he feared,<[What did he fear?] through being a Son, did learn by the things which he suffered -- the obedience, and having been made perfect, he did become to all those obeying him a cause of salvation age-during, Heb 5:7-9 YLT

Who was he crying out unto? What did the Son fear? Did he learn the following obedience? Phil 2:8.9 and in fashion having been found as a man, he humbled himself, having become obedient unto death -- death even of a cross,
        wherefore, also, <[Because of that obedience] God did highly exalt him, and gave to him a name that is above every name,

Did Jesus being obedient unto the death of which he feared, dying for our, not his, sins require any faith on his part? Had anything that had life and then died been made alive again to die no more? Ever? Had anything that was subject to corruption, died and then make alive again no more to return to corruption? Anything, ever?

Why do you think the promise of God, who cannot lie and was made before time began was only a promise of hope? Who and who only to date has inherited the promised, hope? Now because we have been given the Holy Spirit, it makes us heirs of that same hope, not yet inheritors but heirs Titus 3:6,7 We have the spirit of adoption, awaiting the adoption to wit and it is spoken of hope not yet seen Rom 8:17,23-25
        Jesus learned, obedience of faith, and became by dying and being raised out of the dead, the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. The faith.

Show me from scripture where this is not correct.

Even the Father had faith that the Son born of woman, in the days of his flesh, would be obedient in pouring out the soul of the flesh in the blood of him [See Lev 17:11 and Rom 3:25], therefore he before placed the Son a propitiatory shelter.

Faith is a God thing of The father and the Son.

Adam was a sinner. And everyone after him. Gal 3:22. The wages of sin is death. The gift of God is eternal like through Jesus Christ our Lord because of the faith of him.

Comment

Working...
        X