Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.

His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Originally posted by brightfame52 View Post
    The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.

His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
    It's no mystery to believers.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
    And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—
    having been established firm in the faith. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. Col 1

Comment

Originally posted by jake2020 View Post

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
      And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—
      having been established firm in the faith. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. Col 1
      Did you read and understand the things of the Op?

Comment

The Death of Christ alone saved them he died for, namely the Elect, the Sheep, since by His One Offering they were sanctified unto God once and for all Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Comment

Did you read and understand the things of the Op?
          And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
          The Death of Christ alone saved them he died for, namely the Elect, the Sheep, since by His One Offering they were sanctified unto God once and for all Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
          And of course He was raised to life for our justification. How much more, having been reconciled [by His blood] shall we be saved through His life.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. John 3:36

Comment

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

And of course He was raised to life for our justification. How much more, having been reconciled [by His blood] shall we be saved through His life.

Again you coming out of left field not making sense!

Comment

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
              9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! Rom 5:8-10

Again you coming out of left field not making sense!
              What part are you having a problem with brightbulb, that we're reconciled by His sacrifice on the cross or that through His resurrection we have newness of life?

Comment

Romans 5:18 "Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life."

I see that Paul's point here is the benefits (free gift of justification) of Christ's death is available to as many people who have been condemned by sin since sin entered the world through Adam's offence.

"Calvinism is wrong when it claims that Jesus only died for the elect, that is, He only died for those God had predestined for salvation, apart of their own personal choices. Paul asserts that the benefits of the death of Christ are available to as many who are also affected by the fact that sin was introduced into the world. One becomes a sinner or walks in the footsteps of Adam in the same basic way that one becomes a Christian and walks in the footsteps of Christ, that is, both are the result of human freewill. We choose to go into sin and we can choose to come out of it."
                Dunagan's Commentary on Romans

Matt 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

ALL, not just "some" who have been affected by sin since sin entered the world through Adam can come to Christ and find rest unto their souls. It is not just some "elect" people as taught by Calvinism that have been burdened and condemned by sin. But any and all who have been affected by sin can come to Christ.....

Jn 3:14-16 "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Not just "some" who were bitten by a poisonous serpent could go and look upon the bronze serpent to be healed, but any and all bitten could go and find healing. Likewise, not just SOME but any and all bitten by the poison of sin can go and look to the cross of Christ for healing.

Comment

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
                  9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! Rom 5:8-10

What part are you having a problem with brightbulb, that we're reconciled by His sacrifice on the cross or that through His resurrection we have newness of life?
                  Looks like to me you the one with the problem, you the one not making sense.

Comment

Looks like to me you the one with the problem, you the one not making sense.
                    I'll give you that much brightbulb, you talk the talk and walk the walk of the spiritually blind.

You know that you were redeemed with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
                    20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times
                    for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, 1 Peter 1

Comment

Most church goers don't believe what Jesus said about his own sacrifice. They don't want to see how his sacrifice shows his oneness with his Father. They would rather turn his sacrifice into a separation between himself and his Father. That way, they can turn their ears away from hearing the truth.

Comment

Renewed according to the image of the creator; (Col 3:10)
                        Originally posted by journeyman View Post
                        Most church goers don't believe what Jesus said about his own sacrifice. They don't want to see how his sacrifice shows his oneness with his Father. They would rather turn his sacrifice into a separation between himself and his Father. That way, they can turn their ears away from hearing the truth.
                        The riches of the glory revealed among the Gentiles is Christ in you; (Col 1:27)
                        Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; 2 Corinthians 5:17

Comment

The riches of the glory revealed among the Gentiles is Christ in you; (Col 1:27)
                          And because we are new creatures because Christ is in us, we love those who don't love us, as God does, as the sacrifice of his Son shows, the oneness of pain he endured. Most church goers do not understand this communion. They have no desire to be sanctified, set apart by God this way. No wish to be made into the image of Christ this way.

Comment

That the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Originally posted by journeyman View Post
                            And because we are new creatures because Christ is in us, we love those who don't love us, as God does, as the sacrifice of his Son shows, the oneness of pain he endured. Most church goers do not understand this communion. They have no desire to be sanctified, set apart by God this way. No wish to be made into the image of Christ this way.
                            Well shame on them for thinking that they are holier than thou.

For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.” Heb 2

Comment

That the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Well shame on them for thinking that they are holier than thou.

For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.” Heb 2
                              It has nothing to do with how sinners think of other sinners. It has everything to do with how sinners thought about God.

Comment

Working...
                              X