Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bible Does Not Condone Racism

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Bible Does Not Condone Racism




  • #2
    It would really be good to have the scriptural references if you want to bring about your point, here.
    That being said, Jesus was not white, yet in His time he was not persecuted for the color of His skin (that I know of).
    Anyone could be travelling anywhere away from those who know them into different cultures or lands, and yes, without rational reason to treat them any differently, hospitality is something of importance in the Bible.


    Peace to you!

    It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

    1 Corinthians 1:30

    Comment


    • #3
      Here are the scriptural references:

      Leviticus 19:33-34 - “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

      Deuteronomy 10:19 - And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.

      Psalm 146:9 - The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

      Deuteronomy 27:19 - Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”

      Deuteronomy 1:16 - And I charged your judges at that time, “Hear the disputes between your people and judge fairly, whether the case is between two Israelites or between an Israelite and a foreigner residing among you.

      Be blessed,

      Ashley

      Comment


      • #4
        Does equal access to justice also mean equal treatment under that same justice for breaking the law? Or do illegal immigrants get a free pass on lawbreaking because they really wanted to pick tobacco for less than minimum wage?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sonajero View Post
          Does equal access to justice also mean equal treatment under that same justice for breaking the law? Or do illegal immigrants get a free pass on lawbreaking because they really wanted to pick tobacco for less than minimum wage?
          Yes the immigrant must follow and obey the same law as everybody else.

          But in the case of illegal immigrants I think it comes down to the individual meaning the individual people Who are taking advantage of the illegal immigrants situation or circumstance. In this case the individual must not exploit the illegal immigrant just because of his or her circumstance.

          But in regards to the law the illegal immigrant must adhere to the laws pertaining to illegal immigrants. My point is every individual has to decide for himself how he will govern his actions. The illegal immigrant is already illegal and has broken the law but out of desperation. Which means if he is caught by government authorities he must be deported as per the law. What he has done By crossing borders illegally is illegal even if he did it out of desperation. But whether he’s illegal immigrant or immigrant that does not mean that regular citizens should exploit these people and Oppress them and use them Due to the desperate circumstances. They should be treated with kindness and love as a neighbour or as a brother.

          So if you were speaking from a legal standpoint as per the government authorities The law must be carried out and adhered to. But regarding the individuals point of you he should be showing love to immigrants illegal immigrants his neighbour his brother sinners Alike and not judge them But rather show mercy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Amos Ministries View Post

            Yes the immigrant must follow and obey the same law as everybody else.

            But in the case of illegal immigrants I think it comes down to the individual meaning the individual people Who are taking advantage of the illegal immigrants situation or circumstance. In this case the individual must not exploit the illegal immigrant just because of his or her circumstance.

            But in regards to the law the illegal immigrant must adhere to the laws pertaining to illegal immigrants. My point is every individual has to decide for himself how he will govern his actions. The illegal immigrant is already illegal and has broken the law but out of desperation. Which means if he is caught by government authorities he must be deported as per the law. What he has done By crossing borders illegally is illegal even if he did it out of desperation. But whether he’s illegal immigrant or immigrant that does not mean that regular citizens should exploit these people and Oppress them and use them Due to the desperate circumstances. They should be treated with kindness and love as a neighbour or as a brother.

            So if you were speaking from a legal standpoint as per the government authorities The law must be carried out and adhered to. But regarding the individuals point of you he should be showing love to immigrants illegal immigrants his neighbour his brother sinners Alike and not judge them But rather show mercy.
            Your sentence structure leaves a lot to be desired. I think you're agreeing with my post but throwing up a load of chaff to obscure the issue.

            I'm sure some illegal immigrants cross borders out of desperation. I'm sure others do it because they would rather be somewhere else even if they aren't driven by desperation. The person who flees Colombian drug lords who want to kill them is in a very different place to the person who lives in northern Mexico and crosses into southern Texas to work because they'd rather make $6/hour cash in hand than $2/hour doing much the same work in Mexico.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sonajero View Post

              Your sentence structure leaves a lot to be desired. I think you're agreeing with my post but throwing up a load of chaff to obscure the issue.

              I'm sure some illegal immigrants cross borders out of desperation. I'm sure others do it because they would rather be somewhere else even if they aren't driven by desperation. The person who flees Colombian drug lords who want to kill them is in a very different place to the person who lives in northern Mexico and crosses into southern Texas to work because they'd rather make $6/hour cash in hand than $2/hour doing much the same work in Mexico.
              LOL I use a software where I can speak and it types it for me. And so my sentence structure is off due to that.

              as for your reply desperation is desperation whether you’re running away from druglords or are trying to earn more money for your family. I don’t think anyone would purposely put themselves in harms way if they were doing fine or put their lives in jeopardy or work like a dog illegally and exposing themselves to exploitation and oppression. My point is they’re all desperate that’s why they break the law and cross the border.

              As for agreeing with your original question I don’t really know what your original question was stating exactly. So I answered at the best way I could. I am stating every individual needs to govern their own actions as per the Bible. And so the government needs to deal with illegal immigrants as per the law. And individual citizens need to be caring and compassionate and help the poor the immigrant And not take advantage of them and exploit them Even if they are an immigrant. Everyone is a sinner it’s not for us to judge and prosecute.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Amos Ministries View Post
                as for your reply desperation is desperation whether you're running away from druglords or are trying to earn more money for your family. I don’t think anyone would purposely put themselves in harms way if they were doing fine or put their lives in jeopardy or work like a dog illegally and exposing themselves to exploitation and oppression. My point is the're all desperate that's why they break the law and cross the border.
                Except there's the small matter that running for your life with nothing except the clothes you were wearing when you fled is a very different situation from illegally crossing a border because the job there pays more than the job here. The first one can be called desperation. The second one, maybe less so. If we're going to allow people to flout the law because they feel like earning more money than they could at home, why bother with an immigration process at all? You know, that poor hedge fund manager living in Tokyo struggling to get by on a mere $35,000,000 salary would feel so much better if he could move to New York and put an extra zero on the end. Desperate people do desperate things, right? Does he get to flout immigration law and just set up in New York?

                For that matter I find the tax burden quite onerous at times. Maybe I should just stop paying taxes, if laws don't apply to people who just want to improve their financial situation.

                As for agreeing with your original question I don’t really know what your original question was stating exactly. So I answered at the best way I could. I am stating every individual needs to govern their own actions as per the Bible. And so the government needs to deal with illegal immigrants as per the law. And individual citizens need to be caring and compassionate and help the poor the immigrant And not take advantage of them and exploit them Even if they are an immigrant. Everyone is a sinner it’s not for us to judge and prosecute.
                Except it is for us to prosecute, if we're to enforce the law. If we get to pick and choose which laws get enforced, I still don't feel like paying my taxes. That speed limit is frustrating as well because, you know, I want to get home. Throwing in handy stock phrases like "everyone is a sinner" doesn't change that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sonajero View Post

                  Except there's the small matter that running for your life with nothing except the clothes you were wearing when you fled is a very different situation from illegally crossing a border because the job there pays more than the job here. The first one can be called desperation. The second one, maybe less so. If we're going to allow people to flout the law because they feel like earning more money than they could at home, why bother with an immigration process at all? You know, that poor hedge fund manager living in Tokyo struggling to get by on a mere $35,000,000 salary would feel so much better if he could move to New York and put an extra zero on the end. Desperate people do desperate things, right? Does he get to flout immigration law and just set up in New York?

                  For that matter I find the tax burden quite onerous at times. Maybe I should just stop paying taxes, if laws don't apply to people who just want to improve their financial situation.



                  Except it is for us to prosecute, if we're to enforce the law. If we get to pick and choose which laws get enforced, I still don't feel like paying my taxes. That speed limit is frustrating as well because, you know, I want to get home. Throwing in handy stock phrases like "everyone is a sinner" doesn't change that.
                  I think what I’m trying to say and you’re not understanding is that the government should do their job and no one should break the law, which I’ve already stated. But you as an individual me as an individual should love thy neighbour and not judge people. So there’s a difference between the government doing their job and the individual following the Bible. Let the government handle these things why should we sin And hate people for the government sake it’s not like we’re getting paid to do this anyway lol.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Amos Ministries View Post

                    I think what I’m trying to say and you’re not understanding is that the government should do their job and no one should break the law, which I’ve already stated. But you as an individual me as an individual should love thy neighbour and not judge people. So there’s a difference between the government doing their job and the individual following the Bible. Let the government handle these things why should we sin And hate people for the government sake it’s not like we’re getting paid to do this anyway lol.
                    I think your problem is you're stating lots of unrelated things as if they were related.

                    I don't think I ever said we should hate anyone for any reason. Whether we're getting paid is irrelevant.

                    Following the Bible is easy to throw around as a trite phrase but harder to apply on the ground. When the law says we're supposed to report illegal activities do we turn in the illegal immigrant? Perhaps that would depend on the detail. You know, that pesky stuff that takes the nice clean rhetoric from an internet forum in which everything is either right or wrong and turns it into shades of gray. Maybe the couple fleeing the Mexican drug lords are the people we could help on the basis we believe that Scripture trumps national law, even if we might turn around and report the illegal immigrant who just fancies $7/hour for picking tobacco rather than the $2 on offer just south of the border.

                    Even your own words are a mass of contradictions. You said nobody should break the law, which presumably means people shouldn't cross the border illegally. But then you said we shouldn't judge people, but if we figure they are illegal we have to either blindly follow a rule or make our own judgment. So we have to judge the situation, which in turn means we have to judge the person in at least some way.

                    Frankly it seems all you've got here is a bunch of trite one-liners strung together in a way that sounds vaguely spiritual but falls apart as soon as it hits reality.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sonajero View Post

                      I think your problem is you're stating lots of unrelated things as if they were related.

                      I don't think I ever said we should hate anyone for any reason. Whether we're getting paid is irrelevant.

                      Following the Bible is easy to throw around as a trite phrase but harder to apply on the ground. When the law says we're supposed to report illegal activities do we turn in the illegal immigrant? Perhaps that would depend on the detail. You know, that pesky stuff that takes the nice clean rhetoric from an internet forum in which everything is either right or wrong and turns it into shades of gray. Maybe the couple fleeing the Mexican drug lords are the people we could help on the basis we believe that Scripture trumps national law, even if we might turn around and report the illegal immigrant who just fancies $7/hour for picking tobacco rather than the $2 on offer just south of the border.

                      Even your own words are a mass of contradictions. You said nobody should break the law, which presumably means people shouldn't cross the border illegally. But then you said we shouldn't judge people, but if we figure they are illegal we have to either blindly follow a rule or make our own judgment. So we have to judge the situation, which in turn means we have to judge the person in at least some way.

                      Frankly it seems all you've got here is a bunch of trite one-liners strung together in a way that sounds vaguely spiritual but falls apart as soon as it hits reality.
                      If I could I would say this slowly for you. You don’t understand obviously what I’m saying I’m telling you let the government deal about prosecuting people ask for you you love thy neighbour what can’t you understand about that it’s plain English. Looks like you just like to argue there’s nothing messy about it love thy neighbour, love thy neighbor what don’t you understand. Let the government deal with the rest you’re not a government employee are you you’re not a border control officer are you well then leave it to them as for you, love Thy neighbor. That’s what I was trying to tell you you’re not paid to do that, to judge people and to figure out whether they’re illegal illegal immigrants so then ask for you just love thy neighbour.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is the comfort and encouragement forum. This thread is neither. I'm moving it.
                        sigpic
                        ".....it's your nickel"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Amos, you seem to be confusing anti-illegal immigration with racism. They're two separate issues. Just because a person is anti-illegal immigration doesn't make them a racist. This is the classic argument used by the pro-illegal immigration side to smear those who are opposed to it.
                          Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X