23 minutes in Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 minutes in Hell

i watched Bill wiese sermon on this and was wondering wat you all think about it? do you think it is true?

Originally posted by bondservant4him View Post
    i watched Bill wiese sermon on this and was wondering wat you all think about it? do you think it is true?
    Hi bondservant4him!

I have not watched it, but I have read some of the manuscript.

I am very far from convinced that it is true.

He says that God took away from him, his memory that he was a Christian.

Does God use these methods of deception?
    Can God lie?

He speaks of having his head crushed, skin torn, limbs pulled.
    Does a mans 'body' go into hell?

Do fallen angels (who are spirit) have the [joy] of being able to rule, and torment the souls of man in hell?
    Who was ruling and tormenting them?

Comment

I also watched the video sermon, and it seems that Wiese is confused (at best) at what Scripture actually says about hell.

In the video he explicitly says he was sent to "hell."
      At one point he explicitly says the Greek word for hell is "hades."
      At various points he explicitly quotes Scripture referring to hades to describe hell.
      At various other points he explicitly quotes Scripture referring to the lake of fire to describe hell.

Revelation 20:11-15 says hades is thrown into the lake of fire.

How can Wiese describe hell by using both Scripture that refers to hades and Scripture that refers to the lake of fire if hades and the lake of fire aren't the same thing? I'll express this in an equation format:

Wiese1: Hell equal to hades
      Wiese2: Hell equal to the lake of fire
      Wiese3: Hades equal to the lake of fire

Bible: Hades not equal to the lake of fire

Case in point, Wiese is teaching that hades and the lake of fire are both hell, which is impossible because hades and the lake of fire are not the same thing. What Wiese teaches is something found in popular culture, not in the Bible.
      To This Day

Comment

He is partnered with Mary K Baxter, who claims to have been to both Heaven and Hell during a 40 day period.

Both are promoted by Patricia King and Sid Roth, who are rather questionable.

Hell is real and needs to be preached, but I'm not sure about the authenticity of this particular account. I will say, however, that I have not personally read the book but have read excerpts.

Here's a link to the youtube video Bill and Mary put together: http://youtube.com/watch?v=StTRdtvfMcQ

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
          I also watched the video sermon, and it seems that Wiese is confused (at best) at what Scripture actually says about hell.

In the video he explicitly says he was sent to "hell."
          At one point he explicitly says the Greek word for hell is "hades."
          At various points he explicitly quotes Scripture referring to hades to describe hell.
          At various other points he explicitly quotes Scripture referring to the lake of fire to describe hell.

Revelation 20:11-15 says hades is thrown into the lake of fire.

How can Wiese describe hell by using both Scripture that refers to hades and Scripture that refers to the lake of fire if hades and the lake of fire aren't the same thing? I'll express this in an equation format:

Case in point, Wiese is teaching that hades and the lake of fire are both hell, which is impossible because hades and the lake of fire are not the same thing. What Wiese teaches is something found in popular culture, not in the Bible.
          -----------------------------------------------------------

I agree with your post.....
          Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
          ------------------------------------------------
          Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
          ------------------------------------------------
          The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
          Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Okay, I know this is a biblical things as why I don't really believe him...what doesn't make sense to me is that his wife said he was in a horrific panic when she found him in the living room. I had thought this was due to him just coming back from hell but then as I watched on I learned he went to heaven and met Jesus...wouldn't that kinda comfort him in away? Just a thought...

Comment

Every time I see that title... I think of my last visit to the Mall with Kathy and Jennifer and we stopped at Bath and Body Works!

Visit our new website
              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                Every time I see that title... I think of my last visit to the Mall with Kathy and Jennifer and we stopped at Bath and Body Works!
                Ugh . . . just further proof that men and women are totally different. That place brings about intense feelings of despair and anguish. It's the wife persecuting me . . . I'm sure of it!
                "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

23 minutes in hell... seems like a lifetime!

Visit our new website
                  ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                  "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I looked it up on youtube and watched just the first video on it...there are so many major problems with this...

First demons are spirits. Second I truly do not believe God lets demon's physically torture people forever...there is no point in God doing that. It makes the gospel out to be no more then 'love me or else..' and I believe God is better then that. There is a torment for sure! But torture is never used in the bible. The whole bible is about our spirits...we are given spiritual everlasting life! Everything is focused on the spiritual. So why would God peddle backwards to the physical? Being without Him will be a truly terrible terrible torment! No physical torture needed...its primitive and barbaric and simply not needed.

Also in just watching that one video...three people were named...well know people who have somehow seen hell or demon's ...which begs the question..if all these people are saved? Why are they seeing hell in the first place? The first video cuts out the beginning of what this man's wife was saying so we don't know what happened. Did this man die and go to hell and see all of this or what? If so...WHY was he sent to hell if he is suppose to be a saved Christian? I don't know ...maybe that is answered in the other video's but honestly I don't want to spend that much time watching video after video about something that isn't biblically backed up to start with.

I spotted a related video about a man who actually did die! And has the scars to prove it. He saw both Heaven and hell and his description actually line up with the bible. Its very obvious this is all on a spiritual level too from what he describes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGpxf...eature=related
                    This man died...and returned..Heaven and Hell are real

God bless
                    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

well i was just wondering, im kinda new to christianity and have many questions, and i thought that wow this guy is proof that God and hell are real. one thing wat is diff between hades and hell?

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                        You poor thing...

I think Nate could relate to you when I took him clothes shopping the other day... or maybe its me that can relate to you... It sure wasn't a walk in the park for either of us!
                        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

well i was just wondering, im kinda new to christianity and have many questions, and i thought that wow this guy is proof that God and hell are real. one thing wat is diff between hades and hell?
                          I hope you read my other post directed towards you on this!

You picked a great board to come too with your questions.. yes Heaven and Hell are very real...though maybe not like how this man imaged it... The link I gave you I think actually fits the bible.

Anyway your question on the differences between hell and hades...here is a great link on that: One Second After Death

Welcome to the board and don't mind our joking around on here...sometimes it happens...

God bless

Comment

hey seriously thank you all, ill be bak soon with more questions lol

Comment

Read The Book

You guys should really read the book. The book is much better than the video. The book references scripture all throughout.

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                              Ever heard of the trinity?
                              Maybe you have some kind of enlightenment that I lack, and if so please share. But here is a general idea of how I understand it, in equation form.

Trinity: God=Jesus=Holy Spirit

All the same, but all different.
                              The Bible says that Jesus died on the cross. Using your logic, that would be impossible because God can't die(remember, Jesus=God).

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                              I looked it up on youtube and watched just the first video on it...there are so many major problems with this...

First demons are spirits. Second I truly do not believe God lets demon's physically torture people forever...there is no point in God doing that. It makes the gospel out to be no more then 'love me or else..' and I believe God is better then that. There is a torment for sure! But torture is never used in the bible. The whole bible is about our spirits...we are given spiritual everlasting life! Everything is focused on the spiritual. So why would God peddle backwards to the physical? Being without Him will be a truly terrible terrible torment! No physical torture needed...its primitive and barbaric and simply not needed.

Also in just watching that one video...three people were named...well know people who have somehow seen hell or demon's ...which begs the question..if all these people are saved? Why are they seeing hell in the first place? The first video cuts out the beginning of what this man's wife was saying so we don't know what happened. Did this man die and go to hell and see all of this or what? If so...WHY was he sent to hell if he is suppose to be a saved Christian? I don't know ...maybe that is answered in the other video's but honestly I don't want to spend that much time watching video after video about something that isn't biblically backed up to start with.

I spotted a related video about a man who actually did die! And has the scars to prove it. He saw both Heaven and hell and his description actually line up with the bible. Its very obvious this is all on a spiritual level too from what he describes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGpxf...eature=related
                              This man died...and returned..Heaven and Hell are real

God bless
                              Dude...
                              Ok, watch the full video here: http://biblespark.net/video/23minutesinhell/

Again, read the book. He can't reference as much in a speech as he can in a book.

Secondly, if God doesn't send people to be tormented forever, then what's the point in becoming a Christian? If everyone ends up in heaven either way, why shouldn't I indulge in all the "great" sinful things of this world?
                              Also, why does it say they will be tormented for ever, in Revelations Chapter 20?

Comment

Working...
                              X