No announcement yet.

LIGHTEN UP... Why Do You Love The Lord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIGHTEN UP... Why Do You Love The Lord?

Been tense in here the last few days so let's lighten up a bit. Everyone testify... why do you love the Lord?

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

How about the ol', "Because He first loved me . . . " answer?
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

In a few words... He saved my sorry self. I was worthless and a worm of worms. Yet because of His great lovingkindness... in faith... (had to say it ) God made me a son!

Visit our new website
      ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
      "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
        Been tense in here the last few days so let's lighten up a bit. Everyone testify... why do you love the Lord?
        ----------------------------------------------------

Becasue He 'first' loved me........ just a simple post and answer.....

and thanks for this thread...... great idea...
        Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
        ------------------------------------------------
        The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
        Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

I'm singing that little old song with you.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I too am forced to go with the 'He loved me first' answer because that really is true. I always believed in God, as I was raised with Christian parents and went to Church. But I just thought of it as a casual thing. Jesus wasn't first in my life and I thought I had other things to worry about. Then after school was over for some reason I started getting serious about my faith and joined some message boards and read a lot of Christian books, mostly on Bible Prophecy as that was really interesting. Now He is first in my life and I am very grateful for that, grateful that He sought after me before I sought Him.
            sigpic

Comment

For all things.

Comment

For selfish reasons. He has this beautiful kitchen in one of them mansions and IT'S MINE! oh yes IT'S MINE
                Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Amazing Grace

Cause HE saved a wretch like me!!! Thank you, Lord Jesus
                  John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Because He loves me like no one else can. Because He bore my sins on that cross. Because, apart from Him, I have no hope. Blessed be His righteous name forever and ever, amen.
                    Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

I Love Him because He first loved me.
                      I Love Him because He lives in me.
                      I Love Him because He is love.
                      I Love Him because He is the most wonderful, fantastic, incredible, beautiful, amazing, loving, caring, peaceful, joyful, superabounding more than we can ever imagine or describe, the One and Only Lord of the Universe.
                      ...be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man, that Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith, that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be full of strength to apprehend with all the saints what the breadth and length and height and depth are and to know the knowledge-surpassing love of Christ, that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God. Eph. 3:16-19

Comment

I love the Lord because He took a broken, hopeless, helpless shell of a person and made me whole. My life changed completely and forever when I came to know Him!

If you care to read 100 other reasons why I love the Lord, you can read them here:

http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...83&postcount=1

This is a great thread, but sadly, I know it won't get as much traffic as the heated, controversial threads. Truly, THIS should be a thread Christians flock to!
                        My Blog

Comment

I love the Lord for his faithfulness.

Comment

I love - adore the Lord Jesus Christ because He is working His plan to the finish! He is no respector of persons. I look at the awesomeness of His creative power and just wonder at the splendor of this Being! I see His book to us and think what an Author! I love Him because without Jesus I would have to spend eternity away from this wonderful God and I want to thank, hug, bow and praise Him forever! He died for me and His word is forever settled in Heaven. Just thinking about Him makes me get goosebumps, I can hardly wait to see what happens when I meet Him in person! He guides me in this life and I want Him to do the same in the next one!

Oh magnify the name of Jesus Christ!
                            Someday the wicked will hide in the rocks for fear of Him and His glory!
                            http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Because He doesn't give me what I deserve. I am in awe of His Love and faithfulness. He never gave up on me when I stormed away from Him, and He was infinitely patient with me all through those dark years.

Comment

Working...
                              X