I HATE Shopping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE Shopping!

Seriously....what a colossal waste of time and energy.

If I never had to set foot in another store as long as I live, I would be just fine!

I just about started hyperventilating in Target this morning. It was all I could do to get through the check out line before I started getting all twitchy. [Me after about 15 minutes in any store --> ]

Have I lost my right to be female now with this startling admission?
    My Blog

No, you are right on target, in some ways it is a waste of time, and some are addicted to it. I hate clothes shopping!!!! Just spent 3 days I will never get back. I am hard to fit.
    Now, when it comes to shopping for others, such as their birthdays, and Christmas, since I love giving gifts to others, it isn't as bad. I actually enjoy Christmas shopping, listening to the holiday music, as I plot what to give them. Other than those exceptions, I hate shopping, it gets on my nerves!!!!

Comment

Just gimme your credit card or cash and a shopping list, and I'll go do it all for you
      The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
      God plants in our hearts
      to remind us
      there are better things ahead.
      -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM View Post
        Just gimme your credit card or cash and a shopping list, and I'll go do it all for you
        That works for me!! Friday is grocery day. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TRL1957 View Post
          That works for me!! Friday is grocery day. LOL
          You do know you'll have to include a return Plane ticket from SA every Friday,,,, so as soon as you are ready, lemme know and I'll be packed
          The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
          God plants in our hearts
          to remind us
          -Holley Gerth

Comment

Me too. I'm short, and need to find a dress for a wedding Friday. I am absolutely dreading having to go do this.

ACCM, HELP!
            Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
            Not second or third, but first.
            Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
            when He is the source of all hope,
            when His love is received and freely given,
            holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
            will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Originally posted by threebigrocks View Post
              Me too. I'm short, and need to find a dress for a wedding Friday. I am absolutely dreading having to go do this.

ACCM, HELP!
              OK easy .... we'll put you in one of those stretching machines, and roll you out tall ..... then it will be 'Oh so easy' to find that dress

OR< I can just go to the wedding in your place
              The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by Whispering Grace View Post
                Have I lost my right to be female now with this startling admission?
                No, I'll balance you out, sister. I'm a guy and I love shopping! Day after Thanksgiving: BEST DAY OF THE YEAR TO HIT THE MALL!! The crowd...the people watching, the hustle & bustle...ahhh...

Comment

I used to hate it too, so I made some adjustments. Grocery shopping is early Saturday morning - I take my wheeled trolley and go to the local fruit & veg market (we live near the longest food market in Europe), then pop into Lidl, a German cheapie place. It keeps costs down, keeps me out of the big supermarkets (we still have to go there once a month to bulk-buy cat food), and is done pretty quickly when there are much fewer people around.

I still hate clothes shopping though. I only buy clothes to replace stuff that has worn out. For other stuff I buy online where I can.

Comment

I like shopping a lot, but never come further than the stores of the shoppingcentre I live on top of...... because of my handicaps and bedriddenness....... I'd love to go to town or to the market, but it's simply not possible anymore..... only other places I come are for the braces or the hospital...... so not much fun there either......

Love you,
                    Mieke
                    Glorious Day
                    Living He loved me
                    Dying He saved me
                    Buried He carried my sins far away
                    Risen He justified
                    Freely forever
                    One day He's coming
                    Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Comment

My father is a big shopper. If he is with other people, he'll shop until they finally drag him out of the store.

I used to really hate clothes shopping but I found some excellent stores so it is easier now. I still only go once a year or less though.

The bookstore is the only store I could spend hours in, but I am frugal so I usually just borrow books from the library or buy online.

Comment

Originally posted by Angyl View Post
                        No, I'll balance you out, sister. I'm a guy and I love shopping! Day after Thanksgiving: BEST DAY OF THE YEAR TO HIT THE MALL!! The crowd...the people watching, the hustle & bustle...ahhh...
                        Oh man, you are CRAZY!!!!

I don't even leave my house the day after Thanksgiving!
                        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Susanna62 View Post

The bookstore is the only store I could spend hours in, but I am frugal so I usually just borrow books from the library or buy online.
                          I don't know if I can put bookstores in the category of shopping. I love bookstores... even how they smell.

I can handle a little bit of shopping, but it's definitely not high on my list of enjoyable things to do. My mil and sil actually go on shopping trips. I mean they go to distant cities just to shop in new malls (flying or making 8 hour drives!)

My husband is a surgical shopper.. get in, get what you absolutely have to and get out.
                          I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrus...

All children left unattended will be given an espresso and a free puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Angyl View Post
                            That is kamakazie shopping. There are crazy people out on that day! Scary, I hide at home!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM View Post

OR< I can just go to the wedding in your place
                              No way! It's adults only, and our kids are old enough to watch themselves while we are gone. It will be like a date night!! Sounds like a beautiful dinner too!

Just the dress please!

Comment

Working...
                              X