X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A warning from Kay Arthur

Dear Ones,
    On June 27th and 28th I attended a conference in Atlanta called “Deeper Still.” Internationally known speakers Kay Arthur, Beth Moore and Priscilla Shirer were there and I looked forward to a special time of worship and having God convict me of my sins and lead me to areas in my life where I need to change. I have been to similar conferences for years, although none this large and with so many well-known speakers. There were over 20,000 women in attendance at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta- they said it was the largest crowd ever. I had an idea of what to expect from the conference, but nothing prepared me for what actually happened. I feel led to share my experience with family and friends. This is important, so stay with me!
    When Kay Arthur took the stage you could just tell that her spirit was heavy and there was a certain “heaviness” in the atmosphere even before she started to speak.
    She said that she had been literally physically sick to have to bring us this message and right out the gate she said, We are in grave danger.” She said that God had revealed to her that a literal famine is coming to America. Physical, not spiritual. She said that God is moving in judgment against our nation. I know I can’t describe this well enough, but the atmosphere was ominous. Kay is a seasoned speaker and she had to BATTLE to get through her message. She stumbled over scriptures and had an extremely difficult time. At times I was almost expecting her to collapse. At one point she just had to stop and pray. There was no person, myself included, that I could see who did not have tears streaming down their faces. As you may know, Kay Arthur is normally a very confident, composed speaker, but she was literally in a spiritual battle and it was taking place right before my eyes. I have never seen anything like it. She went on to give 7 things that Christians must do during this time and I am going to give those to you now:
    1. Jer 4:3- Break up the fallow ground- return to Me. Repent. Get on your face before God and ask him to break your heart with the things that break His heart.
    2. Mourn- Jer. 9:17-18 and Ezekiel 9. It is time to weep because our nation’s sin is incredible.
    3. Pray- Jer 36:7- Pray fervently, passionately for America.
    4. Love God’s Word- Jer. 20. You MUST love the Word of God and be in the Word of God. I was particularly convicted here because I know I have not been as deeply in His Word as I need to be. She said we must get serious about this.
    5. Love others as Jesus loved them. Jer. 31:3 and John 13:34.
    6. Introduce people to Jesus Christ. It’s time to get serious about this. This is no time for timidity. Jer. 31:31; Jer. 33:1-9 and 15 and 17.
    7. Rest. If you will do these things, then rest in the fact that you have done God’s will. She said that it is going to be vitally important for us to get enough physical rest. She went on to say that God has not given us a spirit of fear and that if we are obedient to Him, we will be protected.
    She said to read Ezekiel 14 over and over until you understand it. This is what God will do if a country turns against Him. She said that this is going to be a calamity (she used the word calamity in such a way that you knew this is going to be no small thing) for our country, and gave many more scripture references, but what I have given you are the main points that she made. I hope you know that I would not have sent this to you if I had not been profoundly affected by it and feel it is of great importance to share it.

I had to edit this to say-I didn't write it-it was sent to me. I did not go to Kays conference-I do not even know a whole lot about her, although I have listened to her a few times and thought she was quite good and quite Biblical. What do you guys think-is judgement coming sooner rather than later?

I wouldn't call it judgment, but rather discipline and a trial by fire.

Shalom,
    Tanja
    Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.
    2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
    If it's not done out of unselfish love, then it's hardly righteous.
    http://disciple2yeshua.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi godsgirl,

Can you give us a link on the web to this? or let us know who sent it to you?

Thanks.
      Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
      23 Guard your heart above all else,
      for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

OK, never mind, I googled and found it here: http://chrisfahey.wordpress.com/2008...ng-to-america/

The author is only identified as "Beth".
        Blessings,

Road Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by godsgirl View Post
          What do you guys think-is judgement coming sooner rather than later?
          For years (see my post under introductions about myself) God has worked within me to "tie" the physical things of the world (especially newspaper articles, news events, etc) to "spiritual happenings" in the world. In other words, hundreds of times, I would "hear" about something somewhere, and be able to see or understand the spiritual "stuff" going on underneath the physical world issues...

My point? My "measuring stick" for what I hear or see is God's Word; if something is contradicted by God's Word, it is either wrong OR my understanding of that Word is wrong.

Is judgment, in the way manner of famine and "scarcity" coming to America? Is Kay Arthur correct in what she says? In my belief... absolutely, yes.

SO many different factors in the United States come into play in consideration of HOW this famine is going to happen. Among other primary factors is the high cost of fuel; the rising population; the huge number of DAILY supermarket items that are directly tied to the price of fuel, corn, and sugar. There is also the floods of the mid-west, the VERY active tornado season that we went through and the very active hurricane season that is approaching its peak. There are rising tensions in the Middle East and military movements of ships, troops, AND politicians that indicate that there WILL be - in the very near future - several major events regarding terrorism, the election, and attacks on Iran/Israel. Watch the movements of ships and troops.

HOW to prepare? Follow the example of Joseph and the seven years of plenty/seven years of famine... NO... I am NOT saying you should stockpile 7 years worth of food... even if you DO... without GOD and without PRAYER... all those stockpiles will come to naught... have you ever wondered how all that grain that was stored up wasn't eaten by birds, rates, mice, and other animals? How all that grain wasn't stolen by greedy people to be sold to the starving countries?

Prepare and do what is needed... but without God and without prayer... don't bother. God and Prayer and God's Word will be the only thing that sustains you, your loved ones, and others through times of crisis that ARE coming...

What an opportunity to witness the working of God! What an opportunity to witness God's Hand... and to call those who are searching for God... its going to be a terrible and exciting year ahead...

Prepare with prayer!

I'll see you in the air!

David
          http://theantichristrevealed.net

Comment

We know there have been and are still going to be natural calamities, such as floods, fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.

Kay seems led to believe a famine is coming on America, and this will be some form of discipline (punishment?).

Would that be true of the other natural disasters that have happened around the globe over the years? That is, that God is "punishing" Indonesia, or China, or Bangladesh? And, did they turn to God and Christ, confessing their sins? NO, of course not.

In my opinion, I believe this time now is an administration of Grace, in which God is "silent." I believe it will end just prior to Daniel's 70th week.

Looking back at the history of Israel, when God wanted to discipline Israel, it was only after they were warned by judges and prophets.

Yes, we have the written word, but we must apply it to whom it is addressed. I don't see any of those words of doom written by the OT prophets applying to anyone but Israel and Judah.

Of course, "All scripture is God breathed breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be throughly equipped for every good work."

Comment

Perry Stone has said the same thing. He did four Prophecy Alerts interupting his regular programs to tell people. A person with a million viewers world wide does not get popular with this type of information so I'm betting he is hearing the same Word as Kay. I'm betting Jeremiah felt the same way.

Amos 3:7 Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

Maybe Eliljah is coming. He causes famine for 3 1/2 years...... I wonder if the three Solar Eclipses over the next three years plays into this?

Comment

There have been many people saying the same thing for as long as I've been paying attention (the early 80's), and by all accounts it was going on before then too. Back in my day it was irrefutable fact that the beast/whore was communism and that Russia would invade Jerusalem, WW3 would break out, the nukes would fly, yadda yadda.

I suppose coldness and skepticism is a horrible attitude to have regarding prophetic fulfillment (if indeed there is any)... but there are SOOOOO DANGED MANY "prophets" with imminent and completely unspecific warnings.

And the most frustrating part for me? Even a broken alarm clock is right twice a day. We can have people screaming "SOON!" for 500 years, and the day it happens it will be like a big fat Told-Ya-So.

Comment

I'm not big into prophecy. Mainly because they're so vague (like this one). I don't mean that in the futuristic sense, but more in the sense of why it's happening and what Christians should do.

It's not inconceivable that a famine could hit the US. A mini-famine did hit the US in the 1930's. It certainly would fit within the character of God to also remove from us the one thing that defines us - we're a fat nation. A majority of Americans are overweight, thus it would make sense if He removed food in order to make a point.

At the same time, doesn't the Bible make it clear that He's holding back His wrath? Furthermore, why is America picked on and not any other nation, which is just as evil as America?

Comment

Regardless of any reason for it at all at least the points she brings out is good at ALL times. We should pray for our leaders and our Country. This should be good advice for all seasons really.
                    I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

These are the important points.

She went on to give 7 things that Christians must do during this time and I am going to give those to you now:
                      1. Jer 4:3- Break up the fallow ground- return to Me. Repent. Get on your face before God and ask him to break your heart with the things that break His heart.
                      2. Mourn- Jer. 9:17-18 and Ezekiel 9. It is time to weep because our nationís sin is incredible.
                      3. Pray- Jer 36:7- Pray fervently, passionately for America.
                      4. Love Godís Word- Jer. 20. You MUST love the Word of God and be in the Word of God. I was particularly convicted here because I know I have not been as deeply in His Word as I need to be. She said we must get serious about this.
                      5. Love others as Jesus loved them. Jer. 31:3 and John 13:34.
                      6. Introduce people to Jesus Christ. Itís time to get serious about this. This is no time for timidity. Jer. 31:31; Jer. 33:1-9 and 15 and 17.
                      7. Rest. If you will do these things, then rest in the fact that you have done Godís will. She said that it is going to be vitally important for us to get enough physical rest. She went on to say that God has not given us a spirit of fear and that if we are obedient to Him, we will be protected.

She said to read Ezekiel 14 over and over until you understand it.
                      Blessings,

Road Warrior

Comment

2007/8 Ė a Sabbatical year.
                        It will be marked by a total solar eclipse on 1 Aug 2008, which is also Av 1.

2009Ė 30 Sep 2008 is also the beginning of the next 7-year cycle. The second of three total solar eclipses will be on Av 1: 22 July 2009.

2010 - The third of three total solar eclipses on Av 1: 11 July 2010

These cosmological phenomena were associated with divine judgment in the Old Testament.

I am awaiting the Divine Judgment of God: Iran, the USA?
                        I don't know

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by apothanein kerdos View Post
                          It's not inconceivable that a famine could hit the US. A mini-famine did hit the US in the 1930's. It certainly would fit within the character of God to also remove from us the one thing that defines us - we're a fat nation. A majority of Americans are overweight, thus it would make sense if He removed food in order to make a point. At the same time, doesn't the Bible make it clear that He's holding back His wrath? Furthermore, why is America picked on and not any other nation, which is just as evil as America?
                          Hi, Apothanein Kerdos! I agree that we are indeed a fat nation, and it would make sense for God to remove our food as part of our judgment. Perhaps the answer to why America might be singled out for judgment might be that we actually began our history as a nation of Bible-believing Christians and after receiving all of God's blessings over the years, we've turned far away from Him. We got spiritually lazy and fat and self-sufficient and wise in our own eyes, and it resulted in a great turning away from our Lord and His ways. I know that God disciplines those whom He loves. Perhaps when we see His judgments on us in America it is His discipline, trying to get our attention so we turn back to Him before it is too late.

Comment

I am awaiting the Divine Judgment of God: Iran, the USA?
                            I don't know
                            Yes.

What the American public doesn't understand is that WHEN Iran is attacked by Israel and possibly us, either way, oil could shoot to 2-300 dollars a barrell.

At that point, trucks stop, food supply stops (they are already pressed with gas at today's prices) and people don't get food. It will break our economy and life as we know it will stop. When grocery stores shelves are empty, people will panic.

Famine does not have to be a dust bowl.

I bbelieve to think that this can't happen is foolisness. A nuke on American soil could cause this. Even our government says it it is "WHEN" not "IF".

The US will have to cease to be a world power to be part of a one world leader or Anti-Christ. We will fall. How and when is the question.

Soooooo, if you don't believe whay Kay has said, fine. But remember, that Israel did not believe Babylon would take them over either. Fact did not need thier consent to be true.

It would be wisdom to at least prepare for a problem. FEMA has been trying to let the public know they need to be prepared for something bad. It would be better to prepare and not need it, than for a calamity to occur and need it and not have it. This is not rocket science. This is not panic. This is prepare.

Some people in New Orleans didn't believe it either, even with warnings. I remember seeing a man on his roof top without so much as a bottle of water or a flashlight. He was a healthy man on a nice house. He had been there for several dayswithout either. A little forthought could have been helpful. He almost died.

God warns. He always has, and he always will. He loves us. We must have ears to hear however.

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Cha View Post
                              God warns. He always has, and he always will. He loves us. We must have ears to hear however.
                              Its really too bad that his warning voice is lost in a sea of pretenders who wish or believe they are God's voice.

Comment

Working...
                              X