Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet hour of prayer…

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sweet hour of prayer…

    Sweet hour of prayer…

    Anyone interested from within Bible chat to set aside time this Friday to pray for:

    - God’s Glory
    - For each other’s walk

    My plan is for this Friday during my lunch hour, to take those folks who have offered reply to this post, to lift you up before the Lord.

    You in to pray during your lunch hour too?

    For His Glory…


    Ephesians 1:15-23
    15 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints,
    16 do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers;
    17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
    18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
    19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
    20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
    21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
    22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,
    23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
    "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
    Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
    ... there are few who find it."


    -----------------------------------------------

    * All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

    The New American Standard Bible®,
    Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
    1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
    Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

    Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis


  • #2
    Wonderful idea.

    Throw into the mix those that don't have a lunch break!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreeing in prayer.

      Sure, Redeemed!
      I will be happy to agree with you in prayer on Friday at lunchtime! I love to pray for others. Our nation sure needs prayer. Well, we all do. We can pray for the lost who post here on the Christians Answer forum to hear God's voice in the messages they get from our folks and turn their lives over to Him.
      I'm on the east coast so will be praying between 12-1 in my timezone (EDT).
      g
      "Gripped in the Hand of God"

      Comment


      • #4
        Are we talking UK lunch hour? Let me know. Thanks and God Bless

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm in the eastern US and 5 hours behind you, so if you wanted to synchronize the time I believe it be 5PM UK... but if you take each one who replies here and pray for them sometime during your day Friday... I think would work just the same... Thanks....

          For His glory...
          "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
          Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
          ... there are few who find it."


          -----------------------------------------------

          * All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

          The New American Standard Bible®,
          Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
          1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
          Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

          Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Redeemed by Grace View Post
            Sweet hour of prayer…

            Anyone interested from within Bible chat to set aside time this Friday to pray for:

            - God’s Glory
            - For each other’s walk

            My plan is for this Friday during my lunch hour, to take those folks who have offered reply to this post, to lift you up before the Lord.

            You in to pray during your lunch hour too?

            For His Glory…


            Ephesians 1:15-23
            15 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints,
            16 do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers;
            17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
            18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
            19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
            20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
            21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
            22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,
            23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
            Since prayer is probably (at least by me) the greatest neglect in the body of Christ, this hour of prayer encourages me to pray for the saints...that, my friend is always of great value. Thank you for this reminder, and count me in.

            Many Blessings,
            RW

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RogerW View Post
              Since prayer is probably (at least by me) the greatest neglect in the body of Christ, this hour of prayer encourages me to pray for the saints...that, my friend is always of great value. Thank you for this reminder, and count me in.

              Many Blessings,
              RW

              Yep... breathing in His Word; exhaling it back to Him in prayer....

              Will be praying with you and for you as well...

              For His glory...
              "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
              Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
              ... there are few who find it."


              -----------------------------------------------

              * All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

              The New American Standard Bible®,
              Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
              1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
              Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

              Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

              Comment


              • #8
                Count me in.
                My Blog

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Whispering Grace View Post
                  Count me in.
                  Welcome.... .
                  "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
                  Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
                  ... there are few who find it."


                  -----------------------------------------------

                  * All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

                  The New American Standard Bible®,
                  Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
                  1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
                  Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

                  Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Last call for joining in for a sweet hour of prayer tomorrow....


                    Not a gimmick... but a serious desire to thank and seek the Lord...
                    "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
                    Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
                    ... there are few who find it."


                    -----------------------------------------------

                    * All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

                    The New American Standard Bible®,
                    Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
                    1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
                    Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

                    Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Praying too

                      Originally posted by Redeemed by Grace View Post
                      Last call for joining in for a sweet hour of prayer tomorrow....


                      Not a gimmick... but a serious desire to thank and seek the Lord...
                      It is now for me, 8:32 AM. I will be lifting all of you up today, throughout the day and especially at noon.

                      - For God's Glory
                      - for each other's walk

                      Thank you, Redeemed.
                      Here is my list so far:
                      Redeemed by Grace, RabbiKnife, givemegrace, RogerW, Whispering Grace

                      May His Name be magnified, His people strengthened.
                      Amen.
                      "Gripped in the Hand of God"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by grptinHisHand View Post
                        It is now for me, 8:32 AM. I will be lifting all of you up today, throughout the day and especially at noon.

                        - For God's Glory
                        - for each other's walk

                        Thank you, Redeemed.
                        Here is my list so far:
                        Redeemed by Grace, RabbiKnife, givemegrace, RogerW, Whispering Grace

                        May His Name be magnified, His people strengthened.
                        Amen.

                        Plus a few more -> grptinHisHand and few others here that I also lift up daily.

                        For God's glory...
                        "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
                        Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
                        ... there are few who find it."


                        -----------------------------------------------

                        * All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

                        The New American Standard Bible®,
                        Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
                        1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
                        Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

                        Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Redeemed by Grace View Post
                          Plus a few more -> grptinHisHand and few others here that I also lift up daily.

                          For God's glory...
                          Amen. Like especially those in Christians Answer forum who are truly seeking to know Him. (And those who may just want to argue, that God will reveal Himself to them.) His Way, His Will, His timing.
                          "Gripped in the Hand of God"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Had a blessed time of prayer with the Lord yesterday. Scott and the kids went to the pool for several hours, so I got to spend a long time alone with the Lord, praying for my dear brothers and sisters.

                            (With 4 kids, I cherish those quiet times!)
                            My Blog

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OK Folks... bringing this back again as a focus for this Friday, August 8th....for those who have, for those who want to, to pray for His glory and for each other....

                              Not a gimmick, not for emotion, but to humbly seek our Lord with prayer and supplication for each other and that He'd be glorified in all our lives....


                              For His glory...
                              "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
                              Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
                              ... there are few who find it."


                              -----------------------------------------------

                              * All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

                              The New American Standard Bible®,
                              Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
                              1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
                              Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

                              Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X