The church and the community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The church and the community

It seems as if we live in a time where the church has ceased to be the center of the community. When people need spiritual help, they should be able to find it at the local church. The local church shouldn't be the last place they think to look for it, either. We have got to be lights to this world. We have got to reach out to those in our own backyards. We have got to get the message of Christ out there somehow! We must follow the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.

Originally posted by Pastor Vern View Post
    It seems as if we live in a time where the church has ceased to be the center of the community. When people need spiritual help, they should be able to find it at the local church. The local church shouldn't be the last place they think to look for it, either. We have got to be lights to this world. We have got to reach out to those in our own backyards. We have got to get the message of Christ out there somehow! We must follow the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
    I agree and we need to start setting finds aside to assist us to minister this way. Finds that the board doesn't want to control and it becomes God's hands extended for His service.

There are more people who struggle these days then ever. We have more people wanting to save animals such as the SPCA than we have wanting to save actual human lives. How warped are we?
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

It will not happen until the more members of local churches start thinking universal or kingdom oriented as far as who their real brother and sister in Christ is. We are segregated in our thinking. We need a unified prospective that has to be brought out of us. What could be the agent that actually gets the body of Christ on one accord and unified for survival. Adversity will be that agent if refuse to do on our own.
      Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Comment

I do see sisters and brothers in Christ wanting to make a difference in their community but are afraid to fail. People today want someone to tell them what to do and how to do a "program' or activity to reach out into the community. Churches have not equipped their saints properly in making relationships with their neighbors. Change is hard but necessary. I do agree, it takes a tragic situation to force the hand of many christians to get involved in outreach. I really pray for the church to be bold in discipleship so the saints can act on their faith with boldness.

Comment

The problem with this is that today's Church lives the same as the world lives, except for a few hours on Sunday.

You can't tell the difference between the Church and the world in the 21st century.

The Church today lives the Joel Osteen way of life. It's all about storing up Earthly treasures, instead of storing up spiritual treasures for the Church today. Today's Church has a give to get mentality, and if they don't get something in return here on Earth, they aren't going to give of their resources to win souls for the kingdom. It's sad, but true.

We need to pray daily harder for the Church to repent then we have ever before.

Comment

Preach the "Gospel of the Kingdom". Even if it takes the church membership down to 10. That just may be the foundation The LORD can use to reach a community.

But then again who will pay for the cool building?

But then again what about me.

The fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

I fail daily and my prayers, weak. I'm the problem in my community.

Comment

I agree with you that the church should offer moral support to those who need it, and this is coming from someone who highly disagrees with organized religion. But, we must remember that not everyone is christian and that not everyone would be able to recieve help from a local church. Remember that this country was founded on the basis of freedom of religion.

Comment

I do see sisters and brothers in Christ wanting to make a difference in their community but are afraid to fail. People today want someone to tell them what to do and how to do a "program' or activity to reach out into the community. Churches have not equipped their saints properly in making relationships with their neighbors.
                It doesn't take a pastor for peole to know what to do. The scriptures are full of instructions on what and how to do this, Aside from that the Holy Spirit has beenm teaching me at lenght about this as well.

I agree the leadership of any church should know how to equip their saints.

It's however not so much about a program, or activity, it all starts with the individual believer who will give of him/herself 100 % as God did.

It's not about reaching as many people, but reaching that single person you meet.
                God will add the opportunity, as we always have the poor and needy among us.

Tanja
                Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.
                2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
                If it's not done out of unselfish love, then it's hardly righteous.
                http://disciple2yeshua.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                X